What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

R-15-3

Juniors
Am I remembering correctly that the nrl bought a rule in around back loading contracts? Eg like a max 20% more in each year of the contract??
As much as I hate the idea of them it’s prob the only way can get anyone other than fillers.

Weaponhead

Coach
Pretty spot on summary - posts pleading for the club to make a bloody signing already has all the desperation of some of our killer past signings of Tim Smith. The pain next year is inevitable, just deal with it
The voice of reason explaining the brutal truth.

Ads

First Grade
We have the opportunity for him. But we don’t have the money.
Don’t get me wrong, I think the kid is going to be a superstar. But he would have to come for a song. Would you?
Yes. Fullbacks are so important.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Dylan Walker on another Northern Beaches bender - quick sign the flog and bring him south of the bridge.
What could go wrong

Ads

First Grade
Panthers have at least 3 fullbacks that would walk into our team. They can’t keep them all. Sit and wait.

PJ

First Grade
Spoke with a friend last night who is a Souffs fan and mentioned Allan.

Says he was unimpressed at the beginning of the season but really like him by mid season and beyond.

Thinks he has lot of potential

Craigshark

First Grade
How much you reckon Charlie stains weighs??

not sure, 80kg maybe? 80kg isn’t a bad thing if you’re quick or elusive or run hard.. Kennedy doesn’t run hard and isn’t exactly quick or very elusive. Call me desperate, but we need a fullback next year. I can’t sit through another full season of Kennedy at the back. Might be a nice bloke and kill it in reserve grade. He just doesn’t have it for first grade unfortunately.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Don’t see much in him but he was hyped as a junior. Solid body though so probably an upgrade on Kennedy.

I see the opposite, I'd be very happy with getting Allan.

Ignoring him as a player it actually creates competition at the fullback spot and it's not just Kennedy by default.

As a player I think he's a big upgrade on Kennedy. He's a year younger and already played more football, not to mention his junior pedigree you brought up. Was a very good junior.

He's got good size, and if you watch how CNK/Tedesco go at fullback compared to Kennedy you can see it will be beneficial in kick returns, tackle breaks, ability to defend. Kennedy just gets rag dolled and makes barely any metres in kick returns.

He's certainly not the fastest fullback, not sure if he's an upgrade there but he does have significantly better footwork and acceleration.

We might lose in ball playing but I don't think Allan is a slouch here. Seems pretty decent.

In conclusion: Sign him up

cb4

First Grade
For what it’s worth I thought he had a couple of reasonable games but he also had a couple of shockers. Was dead set awful against the Pennies and I don’t think he got another shot after that. Gotta remember he turns 35 next month and that Penrith backline can make decent players look like mugs when they’re on.
His good games were on the wing, his shockers were at Centre, where he is way too slow to defend.
His first game game on the wing he scored a try, was safe as houses and ran for over 150m.

cb4

First Grade
Couldn't give a flying about our cap situation, tolman is useless and always has been. Would rather sign no one than have him in the squad, its another bryson goodwin signing.

Rant over
Tolman will do a job for us for a year.
His problem at the Dogs was he was their best prop.
He will come here and cover the ruck for us, which is what we need him to do.
The bloke barely misses a tackle, barely makes a mistake and gives minimal penalties away.

I would love to go and get TPJ or had a shot at Arrow, but we are in the worst cap spot we have been in for a few years and will only get decent squad fillers until Dugan and Moylan are off our books, and SJ and Woods take pay cuts.