What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Merrin has had one of the biggest declines I've ever seen in a player. At his peak he was starting 13 for the NSW team but not long ago he was absolutely stinking it up in the SuperLeague despite only being 30 years of age.

What an embarrassment and waste.

I believe that his decline can be be partially attributed to our ex - maestros game plans ( ? ) . Also he returned to the Dragons at a time when there is a new breed of forward - young , huge and very mobile in existence .

Quite simply he had been superseded by a new generation of forward and at his age he could not compete against them . But as you have said Kylez3 a bad signing , when what the Dragons truly needed were strong young bulls .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting article on Fox NRL, that the Broncos are meeting today to 'sort' their roster after an independent review (heard that before haven't we). They are looking at signing Asiata and keeping Lodge.

I think we are waiting the outcome of this meeting. It wouldn't surprise if we are looking at a few of these Broncos players.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I hope they are after a 5/8 and make Corey Norman as a priority signing. We can only hope. Swap deal with Joe O and some cash on top (400k).
I’d easily do a straight swap for Joe O. I’d happily cop an unfair trade to get him off the books. It also means the money we have for Friz and Graham’s replacement can be used elsewhere.

BLM01

First Grade
I hope they are after a 5/8 and make Corey Norman as a priority signing. We can only hope. Swap deal with Joe O and some cash on top (400k).
Why would they take Norman? people on here keep wishing it!. He would be the last 5/8th to buy in the comp even if they offload Milford or ttry and give him away. Does not make sense.
They have Milford for next year anyway.on their books who is only on a little more $$$ than Norman. That is like replacing like v like for value for money.
But if they are stupid enough..Ok..which I doubt

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Interesting article on Fox NRL, that the Broncos are meeting today to 'sort' their roster after an independent review (heard that before haven't we). They are looking at signing Asiata and keeping Lodge.

I think we are waiting the outcome of this meeting. It wouldn't surprise if we are looking at a few of these Broncos players.

Did Gould conduct the review?
Hope so .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Why would they take Norman? people on here keep wishing it!. He would be the last 5/8th to buy in the comp even if they offload Milford or ttry and give him away. Does not make sense.
They have Milford for next year anyway.on their books who is only on a little more $$$ than Norman. That is like replacing like v like for value for money.
But if they are stupid enough..Ok..which I doubt
It’s the off season mate, we are just killing time until we see some action. Wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Rumour (from JA) we are close to signing another young prop from the Roosters named Jaiyden Hunt.
I haven’t heard of him but looks a good solid young bloke. I imagine we will splash serious cash on someone soon. We seem to be filling as many spots as possible with young guns so we can fill a few spots with some more seasoned guns. I’d rather that strategy over the journeyman route.

kit66

Bench
The Tigers facebook page has a post from 2 weeks ago saying Hunt is locked in for 2021. Doesn't mean we aren't trying to get him though. I just watched an interview with him, he seems a fairly confident character. I'd say he'll spend a year in seconds before moving up to 1st grade, if signed that is.

qld redvee

Juniors
If we do sign this young bloke Id say its on a peter gentle say so . The good thing is we know hook will give him a chance not like the prior coach we had whose name eludes me for all time .. also means we are not relying on merrin and k sims as back ups but rather youth. agree with FCD how good NO journeymen so far to complement and round out the squad . hopefully 1 or 2 experienced forwards for frizz and we are looking somewhat good Maybe a "decent" centre / winger for depth experience but i think we are building slowly like what i see so far

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If we do sign this young bloke Id say its on a peter gentle say so . The good thing is we know hook will give him a chance not like the prior coach we had whose name eludes me for all time .. also means we are not relying on merrin and k sims as back ups but rather youth. agree with FCD how good NO journeymen so far to complement and round out the squad . hopefully 1 or 2 experienced forwards for frizz and we are looking somewhat good Maybe a "decent" centre / winger for depth experience but i think we are building slowly like what i see so far
If he's willing to give blokes a chance hopefully the big dog Ivan gets a run next season.

George Sancti

Juniors
Rumour (from JA) we are close to signing another young prop from the Roosters named Jaiyden Hunt.

Please No !!

I am fine with signing Poasa Faamausili, however we desperately need a forward approaching his peak who will inspire his team mates, not another young talent with potential. We have a truck load of them already.

The Dragons must manage their finances so that when such a player becomes available, they will be in a strong position and be able to compete on same financial basis as the opposition and not offer an origin standard player a $300K contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
Please No !!

I am fine with signing Poasa Faamausili, however we desperately need a forward approaching his peak who will inspire his team mates, not another young talent with potential. We have a truck load of them already.

The Dragons must manage their finances so that when such a player becomes available, they will be in a strong position and be able to compete on same financial basis as the opposition and not offer an origin standard player a $300K contract.

Agree George Sancti , the Dragons are in desperate need of a one or two hard nosed forwards who already know their trade , to do as you have said George - to inspire their younger teammates and lead the pack .

Either that type of player or perhaps Griffin will take a leaf out of the old fox’s - Harry Bath - handbook and create a forward pack that is young with plenty of muscle that has a search and destroy mentality about it .

Griffin - Elliott and Gentle to supply that mind-set .