What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Maguire is certainly clearing the decks, there’s a few gone now. Seven players gone from the squad. Interesting days.

Yes, it is an fascinating stat.

My count is that he’s axed more than half the squad since he started. At this rate on the average, as a player you have a 25% chance of being shafted per year.

I’m not sure if other coaches have the same turnover, I’m guessing, but it must be one of the highest.

Some of those retiring of course, so probably shouldn’t count them.

When I get some time, I might do a comparison and see where we stand v other clubs.

My hypothesis is that clubs is the finals shed less players, although we know they lose players in time as they get noticed.

So I see big Jim as very critical over the next few years. If he can stimulate our pack out there, even if he’s not as powerful as his hey day, that’s a very big deal and a godsend to the halves etc.

We have our problems, but so do a lot of sides out of the 8. Plus I don’t think I’ve seen such massive change in the game for many a year. Everyone’s still learning. Even Lying Ivan couldn’t keep up appearances for the gf, after a historic run.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Why are people pushing for Allan?
He was the clear weak link for the bunnies in the finals.
Very slow, zero evasion skills, died with the ball constantly, barely first grade standard.

He was also the bloke who was left grasping at thin air at fullback when MCK ran away for our last-ditch win over the Bunnies in 2019. Would be another textbook Wests Tigers signing, FMD.

With respect, I disagree re Allen.

He’s come a long way.

Besides I’ve seen Robbie grasp at thin air too many times to remember.

If he can squeeze into a Souths finals team, he can’t be too bad.

The Rosco

Bench
One for rhyno . . . .
123052725_3434038740019371_9001683457673138133_n.jpg

Seems we won’t release nofo or Tommy for jac and $500k.

I agree, while Tommy is on the cusp of good things.

We might get Mansour apparently. 2 years at $300 might swing me, He’s a strange player. Gets the frights sometimes. Has a slightly psychopathic game. But powerful and I don’t mind him.

But I’d prefer Allen.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I like Talau but if it was honestly a decision between JAC and Talau I think we may have made the wrong one.

Nevertheless, if it's a decision between JAC in 2022 instead of 2021 and we keep Talau then we've made the right choice

gordsy

Juniors
We should sign Jack DeBelin. Anyone who isn't putting in a pre season gets to dress up as a woman and spend the night with him.....

Fordy20

Juniors
We might get Mansour apparently. 2 years at $300 might swing me, He’s a strange player. Gets the frights sometimes. Has a slightly psychopathic game. But powerful and I don’t mind him.

Only if Penrith are paying full freight for at least the first year. Our winger depth isn't great, but I'd prefer to have younger, faster blokes on our other wing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Only if Penrith are paying full freight for at least the first year. Our winger depth isn't great, but I'd prefer to have younger, faster blokes on our other wing.

Are you meaning pay his full contract weight and you guys add in nothing. If that's your thinking I'm sure Matt Cameron and co will leave him here at Penrith...

His contract finishes November 2021.

The Rosco

Bench
Are you meaning pay his full contract weight and you guys add in nothing. If that's your thinking I'm sure Matt Cameron and co will leave him here at Penrith...

His contract finishes November 2021.
Well Alice . . . the way WE see it is that IC owes us big time for screwing us over. So us asking for a decent player and you guys paying 100% is not out of the realm of possibility. Our realm, at least . . . .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Interesting insight from Latrell about why he chose Souffs over Tigers
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...l-mitchell-benched-blues-20201104-p56be3.html

While he was tempted by the country lifestyle the Cowboys offered, Mitchell said the Tigers tabled a deal worth north of $1m a season.

"It was big money - we're talking big money - but I said to myself, 'If I go there, will I be happy and the player I want to be?','' Mitchell said.

"People will see I'm on over $1m ... I didn't need that pressure yet, with the money side [of things]. I thought, 'Souths are keen, I'll take a pay cut and go and play with them, challenge myself and play with some elite players'.

"The Tigers had Benji [Marshall] and good players. But they didn't have the foundation. They played good this year and it was grouse to see.

"But they didn't have your Cody Walkers and Adam Reynolds, boys who have played together for years - the three players in the spine (along with Damien Cook) have played for four or five years already.

"Benji was in and out [of the halves], Luke Brooks was in and out, they [the Tigers] just couldn't find that balance. I was like, 'I can't go there yet'. If there was an opportunity later on, maybe.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well Alice . . . the way WE see it is that IC owes us big time for screwing us over. So us asking for a decent player and you guys paying 100% is not out of the realm of possibility. Our realm, at least . . . .

So the cash compensation, which I'm told Ivan paid out of his own pocket wasn't good enough for you.

This is beginning to sound more than a bit like blackmail.

Interesting thought.

I think you might be dreaming if you think it will happen. I understand Sauce is fine within the Penrith cap for 2021. By being upfront (instead of reading it in the media, like what happened to Benji) Sauce has time to source and secure a longer deal into the future.

As a member I'm very sorry to see Sauce move on, even after moving on he will remain a Panther at heart like many others before him have.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm cool with Latrell stating that. I think it's a pretty abnormal attitude in the world today but it's fine. It's basically something you'd expect but typically money can sway the decision.

The Rosco

Bench
So the cash compensation, which I'm told Ivan paid out of his own pocket wasn't good enough for you.

This is beginning to sound more than a bit like blackmail.

Interesting thought.

I think you might be dreaming if you think it will happen. I understand Sauce is fine within the Penrith cap for 2021. By being upfront (instead of reading it in the media, like what happened to Benji) Sauce has time to source and secure a longer deal into the future.

As a member I'm very sorry to see Sauce move on, even after moving on he will remain a Panther at heart like many others before him have.
. . . and I even used Helvetica Sarcastic font, and all . . .

. . . and I even used Helvetica Sarcastic font, and all . . .

2 players in front of him, he chugs down tens of thousands of panther pesos every game he stays at home drinking beers wishing he was staines.

Had to be done, but ffs Ivan, Helvetica TEXT him goodbye like you did our lot, you miserable lying creep.