What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Please No !!

I am fine with signing Poasa Faamausili, however we desperately need a forward approaching his peak who will inspire his team mates, not another young talent with potential. We have a truck load of them already.

The Dragons must manage their finances so that when such a player becomes available, they will be in a strong position and be able to compete on same financial basis as the opposition and not offer an origin standard player a $300K contract.

I dont think this is, if true, a walk up start signing, more of an insurance foe the future, and remember we have 4 spots to fill.

I'm sure qe are l9okibg at some expwrienced forwatds as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
Maybe, wouldn’t mind that approach Gareth, but feel Harry had more teaching skill and strings to his bow. Transformed players into different styles; Stone, Starkey, Reddy and Jansen in particular. Not convinced Hook has that same level of teaching ability that Harry had.

Yes you are certainly correct on that score Inisai - a bit of wishful thinking on my part .

denis preston

First Grade
Agree George Sancti , the Dragons are in desperate need of a one or two hard nosed forwards who already know their trade , to do as you have said George - to inspire their younger teammates and lead the pack .

Either that type of player or perhaps Griffin will take a leaf out of the old fox’s - Harry Bath - handbook and create a forward pack that is young with plenty of muscle that has a search and destroy mentality about it .

Griffin - Elliott and Gentle to supply that mind-set .

You answered your own question Gareth ! I'd say cool our heels for one or 2 more experienced forward announcements.

Gareth67

First Grade
You answered your own question Gareth ! I'd say cool our heels for one or 2 more experienced forward announcements.

Yes Dennis , I do hope that we hear something more concrete on that front very soon , as all teams require those type of players .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No need I am serious...... no swap..straight offer but we will not be the only one I am sure
No I’d love Crichton, if I signed him he’d be playing 1 and he’d get fullback money. He’s going to be one of the best outside backs in the comp in 2-3 years.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Maybe, wouldn’t mind that approach Gareth, but feel Harry had more teaching skill and strings to his bow. Transformed players into different styles; Stone, Starkey, Reddy and Jansen in particular. Not convinced Hook has that same level of teaching ability that Harry had.
Inisai there was only one Harry Bath he had enormous knowledge and skill jeez. Not to mention how tough he was. Everyone states how great Artie was, but Harry did it here and England when it was f**king tough.

As a coach yes he had a a bunch of young players that looked up to him and he made them very good footy players. Miss Harry he was a such a good bloke.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Inisai there was only one Harry Bath he had enormous knowledge and skill jeez. Not to mention how tough he was. Everyone states how great Artie was, but Harry did it here and England when it was f**king tough.

As a coach yes he had a a bunch of young players that looked up to him and he made them very good footy players. Miss Harry he was a such a good bloke.
Couldn’t agree more. Stared in England when it was the toughest and best; won 5 from 5 in Australia. Did everything and he could teach others....rare skill.

BLM01

First Grade
No I’d love Crichton, if I signed him he’d be playing 1 and he’d get fullback money. He’s going to be one of the best outside backs in the comp in 2-3 years.
No keep him where he belongs..left centre and I agree with your summation about being one of the best backs in the game along with handful of others

George Sancti

Juniors
Agree George Sancti , the Dragons are in desperate need of a one or two hard nosed forwards who already know their trade , to do as you have said George - to inspire their younger teammates and lead the pack .

Either that type of player or perhaps Griffin will take a leaf out of the old fox’s - Harry Bath - handbook and create a forward pack that is young with plenty of muscle that has a search and destroy mentality about it .

Griffin - Elliott and Gentle to supply that mind-set .

Just hearing the name Harry Bath in conversation makes my day.

And I do believe that Matt Elliott may be the perfect offsider for Anthony Griffin, in the same way Michael Hagan formed a great combination with Big Mal.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just hearing the name Harry Bath in conversation makes my day.

And I do believe that Matt Elliott may be the perfect offsider for Anthony Griffin, in the same way Michael Hagan formed a great combination with Big Mal.

Agree mate , between them and also Peter Gentle I believe that the Big Red V will not be short of game plans for the next few seasons .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All Saints need now is JDB to get cleared and they have 2 pre-origin players signed up for next season. Joe O should be next target I hope and they are all set.

Any chance they can get Kurt Capewell from Penrith. Geez he was good in Origin. Saints were after him before he joined Penrith. They missed out on a bloody good player.