What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Gus refuses to say anything critical of the golden child.

f**king plodder
If your referring to Cleary, he did mention in the 2nd half that BOTH halves were not involved enough in the game. Bigger point to me was that the forwards were too tame after the 10-0 lead. The mistakes in the Blues centre partnership were dire.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fair assumption. The game never reached any great heights (or low heights) and was totally forgettable. Sure NSW picked a weird side but it was still 100 times better than QLD on paper and if they turned up and had half a go, they'd have won comfortably. Same old story really.

Obviously Wighton and Gutho were out of position but there are quite a few others in the side who are out of form. Jake T has been below his best all year, Frizell the same, Cordner is clearly declining rapidly, Cleary...well... it's already been said by everyone, Cook has been ordinary most of the year and Murray (their most dynamic player) was injured with no input.
I never rated the NSW side. But the QLD side was so weak it seems pointless bashing it

Gutho at centre for mine was always a bad choice. Wighton i was fine with but he wasn't very good tonight either. Turbo at centre worked for his size last year. Gutho has skill but isnt suited to centre and it screams Fittler thinking he can replace one fullback out of position at centre with another. Never even considering a centre at centre

NSW starting pack for mine never looked good. Cordner, Frizzell and Jurbo all coming off average seasons. Our starting front row just didn't seem very Origin to me. Seemed better suited to being benchies.

But all the flaws seemed irrelevant looking at the team QLD were forced into picking. The 27 man squad isnt even that good for blues.