What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
Looked better when Walker was creating.
Walker is a runner. Keary is a runner. It wasn't a bad idea to get them both our there but it was done at the expense of several other positions, especially centre.

Keary could play 7 but that would be panic stations.

Reflector

Juniors
I haven't read any of the previous posts but I can imagine the weeping and gnashing of teeth from some.

That last play of the game should've been allowed after Qld spent 8 seconds holding down in the tackle to draw the time out, and ultimately Cleary's missed conversions were the difference in the final score. But what was notable in the first half is that NSW weren't playing especially well yet were up 10-0. They did a great job in defence, but in attack Qld were pedestrian and jogging it which made it easy for the Blues defence to swarm them 3 on 1 and wrap up any potential offload. That's without mentioning the sloppy ball control that stifled the Blues' attack several times when they looked threatening.

Second half and the most notable difference for Qld was their line-speed, especially after the opening try. They were charging into tackles while NSW seemed to be waiting for a penalty to be blown. If the Blues had played the whole second half like they did the last 10 minutes and showed that urgency, they would've put the game out of sight.

When you look at both squads, NSW definitely have more room for improvement and I wouldn't call this series a done deal by any means yet...

Delboy

First Grade
Cleary is the most over rated and under criticised 7 in the game, Gus said nothing Re his Riff mate. He is a pass first, kick on the fifth and a decent tackler, but offers little in big games. Criticise Gutho but at least he made 32 tackles 2 missed, Wighton made 9 missed 8 and Tupou again nowhere in Origin.

On to next week with more irrelevant comments from Gus.

Artiste

Juniors
And where the hell was Jake T tonight? Did he get taken off at some point never to return? He did nothing!
Same with Wighton, did he even play?
Didn’t even get the ball till last 10 mins

Latest posts