What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 State of Origin - Game 1

Joely01

Bench
Cleary was extremely poor tonight, still suffering from his grand final choke!
Kicking game was horrendous!
Wighton made Gagai look like a fully fit inglis.

I don’t think Gutho was as bad as people are saying, one soft miss on Capewell, but thought he was very strong!

JokerEel

Coach
Cleary was extremely poor tonight, still suffering from his grand final choke!
Kicking game was horrendous!
Wighton made Gagai look like a fully fit inglis.

I don’t think Gutho was as bad as people are saying, one soft miss on Capewell, but thought he was very strong!

Gutho made 32 tackles 2 misses..
2 try assists
3 line break assists

But 1 miss tackle and he got shit on..

Wighton 9 tackles 8 missed..

Soto

Bench
Cleary in big games is a myth.

Plenty of Mitchell Pearce about him.
Basically exactly the same. Nails every kick for the Riff...1/3 tonight.
There was zero creativity and the game was boring as fk. No-one from NSW looked like they wanted to own the game. Cody Walker looked dangerous when he came on.
I have big concerns with Daniel Tupou too.
He doesn't initially chase Coates when Gagai goes through. When he decides to try and foot it with him the horse has bolted. Lazy play. Then he throws a garbage ball out the back for Munster to score.
Can someone please explain the love affair for Payne Haas?
RCG should have been in the team.
Isaiah Yeo should've started as lock. Turbo bench. Frizell should also be punted with Crighton starting.
Pack 2nd game
Yeo, Cordner if fit, Crighton, Paulo, Cook, Safiti.
Bench Turbo, RCG, Finucane, Papenhuysen.
I would also axe Keary for Walker. Tupou out and Cotric in. Put JAC back on the left as he looked uncomfortable on the right...
If Cordner is out Frizell back in..

strider

Post Whore
I was starting to think it's some coding thing. Are you saying it's just like having one or two exclamation marks? Not that that's not important!!
Different programming languages have different stuff but mostly equality is == ... and a single = is a way of setting a value to something

hindy111

Post Whore
Cmon Hindy, Cleary was the worst player in the Blues team! You can criticise Riff players .

I'll be honest.
I was out with a friend and only caught last 30mins.
Guthersons stats was MOM. But watching he looked poor. Capewell looked great.
Cleary and Keary looked garbage compared to DCE who I rate as best half in game.
But Teddy was also garbage from what saw.
I didn't watch cause I just didnt care enough about origin in November. Doubt half those players minds there either.

yy_cheng

Coach
There were times in that game where it felt like i was watching parra pre finals

When the top 13 started getting replaces we were getting worse

We just couldn't get out of our half

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
2 try assists
3 line break assists

It's because gould went on about how you had to expect Gutherson to miss a tackle, as much as people criticise him they still subconsciously listen to him. Before that he was making very good defensive reads and strong in contact against a second-rower. Look at the next try, Wighton was overpowered by a centre, not a second-rower, a centre and gould was nowhere to be heard with his criticism of his defence.

Yes the ineffective tackle was bad, but it wasn't as if Capewell skipped to the outside and beat him with speed. He overpowered Gutho, I'd expect most second-rower to overpower centres in most situations.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The use of Junior Paulo was awful, reminded me of the way stuart had him playing at Canberra. Was being used as a battering ram, and whilst he is good at that his ball playing is on another level to any forward in the game. But apparently only Jake Trbojevic can pass before the line, must make up for the fact he can't do anything else.

hindy111

Post Whore
The use of Junior Paulo was awful, reminded me of the way stuart had him playing at Canberra. Was being used as a battering ram, and whilst he is good at that his ball playing is on another level to any forward in the game. But apparently only Jake Trbojevic can pass before the line, must make up for the fact he can't do anything else.

Jake is over rated. Yeo should of started.
Wighton was woefull. As I said the headspace of these players wasn't there

hindy111

Post Whore
So it all finished end of Novemeber and trials in Jan?
Origin was not needed this season.

Noise

Coach
2 try assists
3 line break assists

Whighton was worst on ground but you also need to include Guthos error (from a dumb attempted offload) and the intercept he threw.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Freddie’s bench was horrendous, 1 middle on the bench and a 5/8 and we wondered why we struggled for field position the second half??? And then he takes Junior off when we were chasing points???? Daniel Topou???? Cotric is twice the player he is.

Oh and Cleary is an overrated plodder, could not create a turd after a night of the hottest Vindaloo you’ve ever eaten.

5 Origins

0 line break assists

0 Line Breaks

0 tries

0 try assists

88 shit bombs and 12927 inside balls to a heavily marked player.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Look. If Moses played instead of Cleary we win. It was all Nathan's fault.

Cotrics form was average this season. Toupos was excellent. Neither would of lost or won the game