What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Play an actual centre for starters, not two blokes out of position. Wighton to 5/8th and pick whichever half you want. Get Angus Chrighton out too gosh he's ordinary, Yeo can do his job and create things.

The other option is just play the Penrith halves.

The problem with Locky is that he is sometimes gets it right.

greenBV4

Bench
Gonna have to rewatch but I'm adamant clearly is a myth, talked up by the media

So is DCE btw, no idea how he got MotM, the game has a real quality half-back shortage atm

Keary is a qld sympathiser and should of never been picked

Im predicting big changes for NSW for game 2

mave

Coach
NSW have gone back to having 3 or 4 fullbacks in their 17.
All they need is to pick Tommy T as captain, and play him off the bench, and the circle will be complete.

The_Frog

First Grade
It's hard to defend Cleary tonight.

Worst on field by far after a shocker in the GF.

Confidence must be low.
So what was different about those two games compared to the previous 20? I'll go out on a limb and say he played behind a beaten forward pack both times, whereas he's used to playing behind a pack that is marching upfield easily. When the forwards held their own, in the first half tonight and the second against the Storm, he went all right.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gonna have to rewatch but I'm adamant clearly is a myth, talked up by the media

So is DCE btw, no idea how he got MotM, the game has a real quality half-back shortage atm

Keary is a qld sympathiser and should of never been picked

Im predicting big changes for NSW for game 2

Did you say DCE got MOTM? He wasn't even QLD's best half! Munster was. Gagai was easily the best player on the field.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So what was different about those two games compared to the previous 20? I'll go out on a limb and say he played behind a beaten forward pack both times, whereas he's used to playing behind a pack that is marching upfield easily. When the forwards held their own, in the first half tonight and the second against the Storm, he went all right.

He was just as bad in the first half, kicking game was atrocious...I mean Damien Cook has more try assists! The two halves don't work together.

I think that both teams flew in on game day is a factor in cohesion..

NSWs halves haven’t done much of it this year. Munster has, and went on a huge bender after the GF... he’s used to being in foreign places...he was epic.

Dunno if it came across on the Telly but Keary was busted early. Completely cooked. I’ve got no idea why Fittler let him play on when he had Cody walker fit and ready to go... And Clearys confidence looked shot... possibly from the GF implosion..

Kamara

Juniors
Oh and why couldn't sutton ref the GF like that...put the whistle away. Didn;t even notice the ref tonight... was a quality performance.

Yet he spent the last 15 minutes of the GF making up ticky touch penalties to try and make the game close.

Yeah I went up there for last half ,, great view from there. Especially last 2 minutes

correction...

The last 1 minute and 55 seconds was a great view....but the last 5 seconds where 23 maroons were laying all over the Blues player in the (final) tackle while that pinhead ref appointed by nepotism let it all go then called full time... was a horrendous view...

shear_joy9

Coach

well that's the sign of a quality player isn't it. Needs everything to go the teams way for him to look like a first grade player. Luai and koro were everything for penriths attack. Cleary was just carried along for the ride