What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Representative players

mozza91

Coach
D Saf walks into the Australian side. The fact that the majority opinion online when he was picked was that he was undeserving shows that most people only watch their side play.
But but Saifiti isn’t aggressive enough. He doesn’t cheap shot his opponents like Sam Burgess or JWH so he’s a weak prick just like Klemmer who runs for 200 metres a game, never misses a tackle and offloads more than any player in the competition.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not sure what anyone else thinks SOO game 1 but that was easily the worst SOO game I have ever seen.....easily the worst in 40 years. It wasnt SOO.

I've thought since the no punch rule that SOO has slowly declined to the point where that game was an NRL game....and one of low intensity .....

never in 40 years have a ever seen a SOO game like it.....f**king terrible I'd just about drop the whole team

mozza91

Coach
It wasn’t any worse than the annual snooze fest we get at ANZ on a slippery track.

Origin itself is massively overrated for what it’s been the last decade or so. I’m more invested in watching a Knights trial game than I am Origin.

Last edited:
Not sure what anyone else thinks SOO game 1 but that was easily the worst SOO game I have ever seen.....easily the worst in 40 years. It wasnt SOO.

I've thought since the no punch rule that SOO has slowly declined to the point where that game was an NRL game....and one of low intensity .....

never in 40 years have a ever seen a SOO game like it.....f**king terrible I'd just about drop the whole team
There was definitely something un-Origin like about last night's game.. What I watched of it anyway, I fell asleep before the 2nd half started lol

Toohey saying Klem has had surgery. Possibility of that could have influenced him being picked.
As long as he's right for us I'm OK.

Burwood

Bench
DSaf having a blinder again so far. No straight up runs, he hits straight then burrows. Committed in defence too.

His impact was demonstrated late in the 2nd half when NSW were stuck in the corner 15m out after two tackles- he takes a tough hit up, puts on a late step to get his nose through and earns a quick play the ball. Takes another hit up later in the set, offloads and next thing you know NSW have gone 75m in the set.

mozza91

Coach
Was excellent again tonight just had a bit more help.

How good would it be to see him have an injury free year in 2021?
Every year he seems to be hitting his straps and then cops an injury and misses a couple of months. Hopefully he can have more luck next year.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I thought Frizzel had a much much better game 2.....was super impressive
exciting to see what he can offer the club next season. Great signing for us.

Our pack next season will be a thing to behold - Klemmer, DSaf, Frizell with Barny and Brailey. A make or break season for Fitz in my opinion and I think he's off contract as well.

blue bags

First Grade
Difficult to compare Lee's stats with other wingers because he misses so many games.( one reason I wouldnt re-sign him )

I just think Lee doesnt present any threat at all, just a continuation of a passiveness I hope we get rid of.
could play centre:oops:

Knight Tales

Juniors
Edited : Was wondering more how we can keep Klem given the way the Safs are hitting top gear at present. If Klem wants the same coin he is on now it will be near impossible to keep all three. Can you even justify it under modern salary cap rules? Klem non selection for SOO is a stitch up.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Edited : Was wondering more how we can keep Klem given the way the Safs are hitting top gear at present. If Klem wants the same coin he is on now it will be near impossible to keep all three. Can you even justify it under modern salary cap rules? Klem non selection for SOO is a stitch up.

Of course we keep Klem. He is our leader and still our best most consistent prop. He is still miles ahead of the Saifiti boys. The Saifiti boys also said previously they are more than happy to stay at Newcastle and I doubt they'll want to test the market.

Also, successful clubs can afford to pay their players less than market value because the players are willing to stay around to win. If we can pick up our performances a little, I have no doubt we will continue to improve our pack and add quality to compliment Klemmer, both Saifitis and Frizzell.