What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

blue bags

First Grade
862-2000.jpg

sempmrh

Juniors
In the behind the scenes video from the Maroons photo day you can see Ice Break on the lower back of the jersey and on the front of the shorts. Also, Holden on the State of Origin logo wasn’t photoshopped out of photos like I thought - it’s been either taped over or I guess even covered with a Sharpie. The logos on the player issue Maroons jersey are either embroidered or rubberised so heat-pressing the new Ampol logo isn’t really an option.

wazdog

Juniors
Looks like there wasn't enough time to have the jerseys remade with the new Ampol sponsorship on the SOO logo. They've just blackened out the Holden logo.

sempmrh

Juniors
I forgot the Blues were going to be wearing that half navy jersey.

Hopefully Puma can sort out the logo placements and embroidery across both teams next year - but especially the cluttered mess on that Blues jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
I forgot the Blues were going to be wearing that half navy jersey.

Hopefully Puma can sort out the logo placements and embroidery across both teams next year - but especially the cluttered mess on that Blues jersey.
How's about they f**k off 90% of the logos and wordmarks for a start, then worry about the positioning of what's left over.

kdalymc

Bench
I was gonna say, there are SOOOOOO many logos on the blues jersey..

Also wtf is with the mentality
40 years of origin-
Qld- beautiful historical jersey
NSW- spew

Nuke

Staff member
That link doesn't seem to work, Perth Red.

I would MUCH prefer a simple, plain sky blue jersey with darker blue trim and white numbers (and minimal sponsors, of course!), but I must say, I don't mind that one last night as much as I thought I would. I definitely prefer it over last year's dark blue 'Perth' jersey with the sky blue chevrons.
That said, Bring Back The Sky Blue Jersey!

The Marshall

Juniors
XBlades: Bankrupt company owes money to sporting stars across codes

The ARL has emerged as the second-largest creditor of bankrupt football boot and clothing maker XBlades; and NSW Origin star Tyson Frizell is in the top 25.

The manufacturer, whose shareholders include three-time AFL premiership winner Jimmy Bartel, owes about $12 million, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

The Australian Rugby League Commission, which is the sport’s governing body, is due $429,000.

This is understood to be royalty payments for jersey sales.

Blues back-rower Frizell, who has worn XBlades gear for several seasons, is owed $13,500.

His manager, Michael Lowe, said: “They were quite late with most of their payments but they were really good to work with, relationship-wise.”

Frizell’s former club, St George Illawarra, is the fifth-largest creditor with $192,500 outstanding, according to a recent report by XBlades’ administrator.

The NSW Waratahs rugby union operation is due $131,000 and the AFL $87,000.

In all, 82 unsecured creditors are owed $2.65 million. The largest is a little known supplier, Jes Trading.

The report also shows that some of XBlades’ creditors actually owe the company smaller sums — the Cronulla club owes $191,000, but is due $260,000.

XBlades also has $7.4 million in loans to its directors and shareholders, although it’s unclear who is owed what.

XBlades’ directors are US-born retail investor Mike Green, now of Melbourne, and well-known ragtrader David Gazal, of Sydney.

Mr Gazal and his wife, Jackie, have an 11 per cent stake in XBlades, while Mr Green has twice that.

Mr Bartel, who was involved in running XBlades for a period, has a shareholding of 7.5 per cent. He reportedly designed the model worn by Frizell.

Former CEO Leighton Richards has a 22 per cent stake while the founding Spyros family owns 25 per cent through several companies. Bill Spyros was a director until July this year.

He and the company’s other shareholders, along with its directors and former executives either declined to comment or did not respond. Neither did the Sharks nor Jes Trading.

Administrators Worrells declined to answer questions. It is known to be looking to sell the business, which continues to trade. In September, XBlades pulled out of the final two years of a three-year deal with NSW Rugby “due to the impacts of COVID-19”.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/89d919ad59b0a5378fa7cb4dc82b6d7d

yakstorm

First Grade
That, plus if they didn't pay such crazy fees for the rights to be 'apparel partner', it would have helped as well.

I expect with ISC no longer offering cash and the likes of Fi-ta and XBlades going broke, a number of clubs are going to have to get use to no longer collecting a few hundred thousand from clothing companies up front to produce their jerseys / etc.