What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
As you say, the money is an issue here. Even if someone like the Bulldogs wanted Norman, it's highly unlikely that they will pay the same amount as us - so therefore would want some sort of compensation for the current year - more than likely a fair portion of the contract. So we wouldn't even be getting the use of the full financial amount for 21.

I can't see it happening.
All I reckon we’d get is 400k odd even if he was wanted. Anyway I reckon he and Hunt will start round 1. Let’s hope a savage pre season can get them up and running.

ALSGI

Bench
All I reckon we’d get is 400k odd even if he was wanted. Anyway I reckon he and Hunt will start round 1. Let’s hope a savage pre season can get them up and running.
Hunt and Norman will be our starting halves barring injury for sure with both Clune and Sullivan providing some real pressure.

Hopeful that Hook and co can do something with them, especially Norman playing for a contract.

At the end of the day they can only improve with a much needed improvement from our forwards.

Mjab

Juniors
Hook doesnt really talk about Norman, maybe a good thing?
I wouldnt be surprised if he does start with him round 1 unless his form is shit in trials
I suspect he will get a rocket up his arse quickly and kicked out to CC if he is not on his A game, whatever that is. Norman and manager must know that if he does not perform this year his NRL career and probably career in general playing footy is over
I hope to hell he already has a line thru any future extension even if his form is OK
I just want him gone for 2022 at least

possm

Coach
Hook doesnt really talk about Norman, maybe a good thing?
I wouldnt be surprised if he does start with him round 1 unless his form is shit in trials
I suspect he will get a rocket up his arse quickly and kicked out to CC if he is not on his A game, whatever that is. Norman and manager must know that if he does not perform this year his NRL career and probably career in general playing footy is over
I hope to hell he already has a line thru any future extension even if his form is OK
I just want him gone for 2022 at least
To be honest, I'd rather Norman gone right now mainly because if Griffin wants to use Hunt in the halves, I feel comfortable that Sullivan can to the job at 6 or 7. I am also very sure Sullivan would improve game by game and form a great combination with Hunt.

One of the most important elements in letting Norman go, is the salary made available to recruit another decent prop; even if we only net say 400k when granting Norman a release, it would be a good thing.

The calm one

Juniors
To be honest, I'd rather Norman gone right now mainly because if Griffin wants to use Hunt in the halves, I feel comfortable that Sullivan can to the job at 6 or 7. I am also very sure Sullivan would improve game by game and form a great combination with Hunt.

One of the most important elements in letting Norman go, is the salary made available to recruit another decent prop; even if we only net say 400k when granting Norman a release, it would be a good thing.
What if the coach wants him ???

possm

Coach
What if the coach wants him ???
Then he stays however, I doubt we can afford to keep Norman, Hunt and Bird in the side while trying to sign a few quality forwards as well.

I will say if Griffin can get the best out of Bird, Hunt and Norman all at the same time, we will be a force in 2021.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Then he stays however, I doubt we can afford to keep him Hunt and Bird in the side while trying to sign a few quality forwards as well.

I will say if Griffin can get the best out of Bird, Hunt and Norman all at the same time, we will be a force in 2021.

There’s no doubting that Griffin - and also his two amigos Elliott and Gentle are streets , if not suburbs ahead of the maestro , but that is still a big ask matey .

However if he can accomplish that feat , reignite their enthusiasm and confidence then at the very least the Dragons will be much sharper in attack , more so ( as you have said ) should they manage to sign a couple of decent forwards who know how to plough their way to the oppositions try line .

In this instance it is I who shall be keeping my fingers crossed .

possm

Coach
I believe that the Dogs have lost their five-eighth, Green who returned to Newcastle. Given that Norman is on a one year deal, maybe the Dogs will fill that hole by signing Norman for 2021.

BLM01

First Grade
I believe that the Dogs have lost their five-eighth, Green who returned to Newcastle. Given that Norman is on a one year deal, maybe the Dogs will fill that hole by signing Norman for 2021.
Keep trying @possm ..thats old news.
they were happy and knew they were losing Green after his ACL as it was common knowledge he would stay back at Newy if not playing but on the coaching staff.
They have better replacements within and why would anyone spend big $$ on a dressed up Datsun 180B
Even Newcastle who are desperate for a 6 will take a one legged Green who will be unavailable early in the year over a fit Norman
Dont you see..you cant offload him...you cant...no one wants him...we have to wait 12 months :)

Latest posts