What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2020

Desert Qlder

First Grade
AJ Brimson has made it extremely difficult for Ponga to crack the side next year.

I have my own personal opinions on Ponga - that being he is a downhill skier that is only out for himself, and will go missing when the pressure is on in an Origin/finals environment. On that basis alone I would always be reluctant to include him. But Queensland can't necessarily overlook his talents and so he will always come into discussions.

However, Brimson looks born to play Origin, bringing energy and confidence that was infectious. It was no accident he was there at the right moment to pounce on Capewell's kick.

I think he is up for a big series, and expect more moments of brilliance to come.

gUt

Coach
AJ Brimson has made it extremely difficult for Ponga to crack the side next year.

I have my own personal opinions on Ponga - that being he is a downhill skier that is only out for himself, and will go missing when the pressure is on in an Origin/finals environment. On that basis alone I would always be reluctant to include him. But Queensland can't necessarily overlook his talents and so he will always come into discussions.

However, Brimson looks born to play Origin, bringing energy and confidence that was infectious. It was no accident he was there at the right moment to pounce on Capewell's kick.

I think he is up for a big series, and expect more moments of brilliance to come.

he’s had a great season capped by completely outplaying ponga when they met late

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Nice call dickhead, out for the series.

isaiah

Bench
Hoping that Corey Allan doesn’t get the call-up for game 3. Imagine how nsw would have gone if both their first and second choice fullbacks were injured.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hoping that Corey Allan doesn’t get the call-up for game 3. Imagine how nsw would have gone if both their first and second choice fullbacks were injured.

Holmes is a dud, as meh as Allen is he’s better than Holmes

Tweed Titan

Bench
Holmes is a dud, as meh as Allen is he’s better than Holmes
Agreed. Allan may not have electric pace but he's a heads up footy player.

Holmes is flashy and agile with ball in hand but is not a team player, lacks playmaking skills and is a defensive liability at fullback. He's also not great at organising the defence in front of him.

If Qld is smart they go with Allan at fullback and Coates/Holmes on the wings.

isaiah

Bench
With Capewell now edge backrower and su’a back to the bench, who drops off? Dunamis lui or jai arrow. I know who I would flick, and he started last week

_Johnsy

Referee
Pick and stick is a NSW's thing ?

Pierce, Gallen, Gidley to name a few losers the blues have stuck by, loss after loss. Cleary will be the next loser they will pick and stick with
Nope not a NSW thing, I never claimed it was. Nor have we had any ex players bang on about selectors being loyal ad nauseam or brag about it being embedded in our culture and a main reason for any success we’ve had. We have a long history of selecting then dropping players, along with continually selecting players that should have been dropped. You’ve obviously missed the irony in my original post.