What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't understand the George Jennings line of thought?

He tries hard, but has issues with his hands. He's 27 and has only played 35 games - is he going to Melbourne as a starter or as a depth player?

It will be fascinatingly intriguing, and somewhat interesting, to see how he fits into their squad.

Michael Oldfield is way better than Gennings. Ok. He's about the same.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Small sample though. The games he won for the Warriors are a much bigger sample.

Over his career he's had less luck winning games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't understand the George Jennings line of thought?

He tries hard, but has issues with his hands. He's 27 and has only played 35 games - is he going to Melbourne as a starter or as a depth player?

It will be fascinatingly intriguing, and somewhat interesting, to see how he fits into their squad.

Michael Oldfield is way better than Gennings. Ok. He's about the same.
Oldfield isn't strong enough to provide the go forward you want from a top 17 winger. His defence isn't really good enough for 20+ games at centre either, though it seemed to improve this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
George is 27 and will be 28 next season.
He isn't going to be a superstar. But if you want to balance cap and not spend too much on the whole backline then I think he is good enough for NRL. Our issue is we do not have a legit star in the backline positions of 2- 5 so George isn't a great option.
Clubs may allocate x amount. Or imo Bellamy uses point system. Perhaps he wants 30 points for these 4 spots. If he can get 25 from the other 3 then a 5 is enough for him to look at other areas.
It's how I would balance my side. Not just salary cap.

Spending to much on one area of team will limit what ball your better player gets. Especialy in the forward pack.

hindy111

Post Whore
If our starting 13 could play a full 80mins we prob win comp. Issue is the drop off when take off our starters is night and day. We literaly get blown off the field and struggle or fight harder then should to win games that where in control of.

Latest posts