What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this whole court case is going to get even uglier. The prosecution hasn't had their chance yet to rip into the defendants. Their evidence hasn't as far as I can tell been presented as yet. I hope everyone has strong stomachs. Thank the lord I don't live in the area and had any possibility of being on that jury.
I will be very surprised if JDB takes the stand

BLM01

First Grade
I remember when Brett Stewart was in the same position and reading the victims accusations at the time in court, I was convinced Brett was guilty, I did not expect him to get off to be honest. She did not even go back to a room, it was in a public area from memory which you would think may be worse. Don't make any judgement until all evidence is heard as both sides will plead good cases and it is up to the jurors who will have a heap of evidence to decide. I would ignore what you read about the case until a verdict is made.

At the end of the day, if he does get off do you think the fans of other clubs will not be calling him a ra*pist? Of course they will. His name just like Brett's will still be remembered for this type of incident. The dogs players from Coffs Harbour were copping it for years from opposition fans and they ended up being innocent and that was even worse by the sounds of it as it involved quite a few of them.

All this new rule has done is emphasise it more. JDB will be remembered for this because he will be the first player to miss 2 years of footy. If JDB gets off I can see this stand down rule being thrown out and it will only have ever applied to him.
No the little Manly hooker Fainu and Dylan walker have both been stood down under the the JDB Policy whatever it is called.

lynx000

Juniors
I do appreciate the niceties of what you are saying Mr. Frog , however I believe that you also understood just what it was that I was attempting to get across .

Should the case be declared a mis-trial , then there would always be some doubt hovering over the heads of both parties - something that will be with them for the rest of their days .
If it is declared a mis-trial there will be another trial. it is only when they have tried to run a trial 3 or 4 times with there being mis-trials that the DPP then make a decision whether or not to run the trial again.

Gareth67

First Grade
If it is declared a mis-trial there will be another trial. it is only when they have tried to run a trial 3 or 4 times with there being mis-trials that the DPP then make a decision whether or not to run the trial again.

Thank you for lynx000 , I did not realize that was the procedure .

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
I don't know if this comment will be deleted. I am not commenting on the case.

But any young man needs to be told by his father that after having sex with a young lady, never, ever part from her on bad terms. A woman who has just had sex with a young man should not be offered $50 for an uber. She needs to hear "That was great, when can I see you again?" whether or not the young man intends to see her again. Ideally, there should be friendly post-coital banter via text.

It is well known that how a young woman feels about what happened may differ between when she goes to bed and when she wakes up - perhaps full of regret - the next morning. Young men need to fully understand this.
Well can I say, I too have had regrets when I woke up in the morning, as it certainly did differ from my attraction the night before.
Just saying.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well can I say, I too have had regrets when I woke up in the morning, as it certainly did differ from my attraction the night before.
Just saying.

When I was younger- much younger I awoke after the night before to a German Shepard licking my face . I turned around to face my new lady friend that I had only met the previous evening and decided to turn back to where the German Shepard was .

An actual occurrence .

Crush

Coach
When I was younger- much younger I awoke after the night before to a German Shepard licking my face . I turned around to face my new lady friend that I had only met the previous evening and decided to turn back to where the German Shepard was .

An actual occurrence .
:grin::grin::grin:

blacksafake

First Grade

An actual occurrence .
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

When I was younger- much younger I awoke after the night before to a German Shepard licking my face . I turned around to face my new lady friend that I had only met the previous evening and r threaddecided to turn back to where the German Shepard was .

An actual occurrence .
Gareth,
I like your posts.
But not this one.
To keep it short (my comment), I fell that this kind of male perspective is way out of line in this particular thread.
Maybe even anywhere, in a young male’s mind.

Please return to your normal persona Gareth.
Regards hod.

I don't know if this comment will be deleted. I am not commenting on the case.

But any young man needs to be told by his father that after having sex with a young lady, never, ever part from her on bad terms. A woman who has just had sex with a young man should not be offered $50 for an uber. She needs to hear "That was great, when can I see you again?" whether or not the young man intends to see her again. Ideally, there should be friendly post-coital banter via text.

It is well known that how a young woman feels about what happened may differ between when she goes to bed and when she wakes up - perhaps full of regret - the next morning. Young men need to fully understand this.

Being an open forum, I will no doubt get flamed by many for this and my previous post.
But again, this type of male perspective is out of line on this thread.

You can do better than this Splinters

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Being an open forum, I will no doubt get flamed by many for this and my previous post.

While I agree with the sentiment you express. Live your life by your standards, he can live his by his. You don't have to agree with his comments. Let's just hope most men get to raise daughters for a different perspective, it certainly allowed me to see things differently compared to when I was 17-18.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Let's all remember, currently Jack de Belin is innocent and he will remain innocent unless be is found guilty by the judicial system. We need to refrain from creating perspectives whereby Jack is not innocent even if he is found not guilty. These are dangerous ground.

Further, in the event, Jack is found not guilty, I would not be surprised if he sues the NRL.

Please note I have no insights into the specifics of the case, I'm just concerned people are forgetting the basics of our legal system.

Splinters

Juniors

Huh? Do better? My advice is that post-coitus it is in the best interests of young men to engage with their sexual partners in a friendly and respectful manner.

Hard to see how anyone could "do better" than that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Huh? Do better? My advice is that post-coitus it is in the best interests of young men to engage with their sexual partners in a friendly and respectful manner.

Hard to see how anyone could "do better" than that.
I’m with HOD on this one.

I get the point you’re trying to make, but it comes across awfully sexist. Maybe it needed to be worded differently.

Sex & relationships are a tricky minefield, everyone is different & expectations when people hook up can be different on both sides.

Being open & honest with partners is a lot easier than making false promises.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth,
I like your posts.
But not this one.
To keep it short (my comment), I fell that this kind of male perspective is way out of line in this particular thread.
Maybe even anywhere, in a young male’s mind.

Please return to your normal persona Gareth.
Regards hod.

Yes , you are quite right H.O.D. It was a bad error of judgement by me to post it on this particular thread .

Apologies to all .

hewi

Bench
Has a decision on this been made as yet?

Not until all the crown witnesses have been on the stand then the defence has to make that decision and I can’t stress enough it is a huge call. I don’t know the crown prosecutor from crap but I’m sure they are good so you put the accused on the stand and one wrong answer and it all comes crashing down.

Splinters

Juniors
I’m with HOD on this one.

I get the point you’re trying to make, but it comes across awfully sexist. Maybe it needed to be worded differently.

Sex & relationships are a tricky minefield, everyone is different & expectations when people hook up can be different on both sides.

Being open & honest with partners is a lot easier than making false promises.

Great advice for young men, muzby. Very, uh...realistic.

"How do you like me in this dress, honey?"

"You look like a sack of potatoes. Come to that, you've also got a face like a potato."

Yeh, like I said, great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts