What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
I don’t know how many fingers a possum actually has mate , but you had better cross them all and throw in your tail for good measure ! :chipmunk:
Yes I know. Now that we have Griffin and seeing that the Roosters are shopping him around, I say we have a good chance to sign him given we need a replacement for Frizell and we have the salary cap available.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes I know. Now that we have Griffin and seeing that the Roosters are shopping him around, I say we have a good chance to sign him given we need a replacement for Frizell and we have the salary cap available.

This rumour of- ‘ Crichton being shopped around ‘ is only what the media are speculating , at least at this point in time . They are surmising that as the rorters are going hard for this Sululi kid that they - the rorters , will need to squeeze Crichton out - ala Flanagan all over again .

Bearing in mind he is still under contract and has stated that his heart :heart: is at the Roosters , then there is every likelihood that he will remain with them for season 2021 .

In saying that , he would undoubtedly be a prize signing for any club and if actually given permission by the chooks to negotiate , then I would be throwing the kitchen sink at him .

SnowDragon

Juniors
This rumour of- ‘ Crichton being shopped around ‘ is only what the media are speculating , at least at this point in time . They are surmising that as the rorters are going hard for this Sululi kid that they - the rorters , will need to squeeze Crichton out - ala Flanagan all over again .

Bearing in mind he is still under contract and has stated that his heart :heart: is at the Roosters , then there is every likelihood that he will remain with them for season 2021 .

In saying that , he would undoubtedly be a prize signing for any club and if actually given permission by the chooks to negotiate , then I would be throwing the kitchen sink at him .

can you please only throw the sink at him if he doesn’t come to Saints... I’d like him healthy :grin:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
While I"ve been an advocate of making a play for Addo-Carr-perhaps offering Ravalawa as a "makeweight", it now seems JAC's move to Sydney, at least in 2021, is in doubt.

However, another opportunity to do some business has arisen with the news that Souths are releasing Cory Allen. Souths were rumoured to be very interested in Saab when he first sought a release and I regard the 22 yo Allen as certainly an upgrade on the very ordinary Reuben Garrick when the Eagles were showing interest in a swap Saab is just a burr in the saddle with all his moaning so why don't we try to get rid of him once and for all.

redv13

Bench
While I"ve been an advocate of making a play for Addo-Carr-perhaps offering Ravalawa as a "makeweight", it now seems JAC's move to Sydney, at least in 2021, is in doubt.

However, another opportunity to do some business has arisen with the news that Souths are releasing Cory Allen. Souths were rumoured to be very interested in Saab when he first sought a release and I regard the 22 yo Allen as certainly an upgrade on the very ordinary Reuben Garrick when the Eagles were showing interest in a swap Saab is just a burr in the saddle with all his moaning so why don't we try to get rid of him once and for all.
Saab for Allan?? In a f**king heartbeat. I’d personally drive Saab to Redfern for free for that deal

Gareth67

First Grade
can you please only throw the sink at him if he doesn’t come to Saints... I’d like him healthy :grin:

Good point Snowy , the last thing we want is damaged goods , more so for a big dollar spend . Let’s just make it the water instead - it will help clear those Bondi lattes out of his system .

possm

Coach

A Cory Allen / Saab swap would be a great outcome but it is another prop forward and an edge forward that we more urgently need right now.

With the way things have gone, I suppose Saab is surplus to our needs and so Cory Allen would be a great replacement.

possm

Coach
Saab would be an excellent backup winger for Souths.
A backup / stand in winger similar to Allen who is a backup / stand in fullback at Souths. I'd say both are on similar coin. We don't really need Allen as we have plenty of fullbacks / outside backs coming through our juniors however, we can't have a disinterested Saab; he would be a distraction.

redv13

Bench
A backup / stand in winger similar to Allen who is a backup / stand in fullback at Souths. I'd say both are on similar coin. We don't really need Allen as we have plenty of fullbacks / outside backs coming through our juniors however, we can't have a disinterested Saab; he would be a distraction.
I think Allan is a fair distance ahead of Saab in regards to player quality

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The point I’m making is that he’s not guaranteed a starting spot at most clubs anymore than he is with us.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Heard there is a rumour we signed Jack Bird. You heard it first on this thread 2021 Squad, Signings etc. Or maybe not. Might as well delete this thread not used since Tuesday.

SAP58

Juniors
Read that the GC are shopping Keegan Hipgrave around.. Would be a good pick up.. mobile and importantly aggressive
Saw the same article in social media (Zero Tackle) that he is unlikely to be signed. He’s 23, 6ft and 102kg, plays prop but probably more of a second rower but is aggressive. A young guy that may benefit from a change of clubs and change of coach. Would come at a good price I expect.

Mark D

Juniors
Saw the same article in social media (Zero Tackle) that he is unlikely to be signed. He’s 23, 6ft and 102kg, plays prop but probably more of a second rower but is aggressive. A young guy that may benefit from a change of clubs and change of coach. Would come at a good price I expect.
Spot on mate... one thing we really lacked this year was aggression and a forward or two who motivates the whole team..

Latest posts