What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

Tommy Smith

Referee
Why would he get sent to the bin?

For game II I'd go with:

Teddy
Tupou
Wighton
Gutho
JAC
Walker
Keary
Paulo
Cook
Saifiti
Crichton
Frizzell
Trbojevic

Haas
Yeo
Brown
Papy

greenBV4

Bench
Joey calling for the big chin to be dropped but sadly I think he will be one of those players who continues to be picked despite never performing in big games

Walker and Wighton would be my halves pairing, but Clearly will stay so it'll be one at 6 the other at at centre

With Cordner looking to be out for the series who do we think gets captaincy honours?

The_Frog

First Grade
Joey calling for the big chin to be dropped but sadly I think he will be one of those players who continues to be picked despite never performing in big games
Considering Fittler has already said as much, but thanks for sticking your neck out.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Anyone calling for sweeping changes is a moron.

Game 2 team

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Clint Gutherson
4. Jack Wighton
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Damien Cook
10. Junior Paulo
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Ryan Papenhuyzen
15. Payne Haas
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Tyson Frizell

Murray out is a forced change. Either Yeo or Finucane comes in. I personally prefer Yeo.

Throwing a pair of rookie centres in for Gutherson and Wighton isn't going to solve anything. Wighton was immense at centre last year, he gets a chance to redeem himself. Maybe ditch Gutho for Crichton.

Panciking and changing halves after a game 1 loss is classic NSW, but it won't happen, and shouldn't happen.

Angus Crichton was very good 8n game 1 and should start ahead of Frizell for mine. He should have started game 1.

If we're only playing 3 props, then Turbo needs to start up front. He was immense in that role in game 2 last year.

Walker was a fill in for Papenhuyzen. He did nothing in game 1, so if Paps is fit, he slots in to number 14. Could potentially play him on the wing.

Tuplod I didn't rate before game 1, and I didn't rate his performance in game 1. Freddy no doubt is banking on his combo with Keary, but Cotric is by far the better player for mine and should have played the first game.

Game 2 team

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Clint Gutherson
4. Jack Wighton
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Damien Cook
10. Junior Paulo
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Ryan Papenhuyzen
15. Payne Haas
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Tyson Frizell

Murray out is a forced change. Either Yeo or Finucane comes in. I personally prefer Yeo.

Throwing a pair of rookie centres in for Gutherson and Wighton isn't going to solve anything. Wighton was immense at centre last year, he gets a chance to redeem himself. Maybe ditch Gutho for Crichton.

Panciking and changing halves after a game 1 loss is classic NSW, but it won't happen, and shouldn't happen.

Angus Crichton was very good 8n game 1 and should start ahead of Frizell for mine. He should have started game 1.

If we're only playing 3 props, then Turbo needs to start up front. He was immense in that role in game 2 last year.

Walker was a fill in for Papenhuyzen. He did nothing in game 1, so if Paps is fit, he slots in to number 14. Could potentially play him on the wing.

Tuplod I didn't rate before game 1, and I didn't rate his performance in game 1. Freddy no doubt is banking on his combo with Keary, but Cotric is by far the better player for mine and should have played the first game.
Agree

However id start Saifiti and bench Paulo. Junior coming on when the middle has been softened up and getting his offload working would be very dangerous

greenBV4

Bench

Game 2 team

1. James Tedesco
2. Nick Cotric
3. Clint Gutherson
4. Jack Wighton
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Damien Cook
10. Junior Paulo
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Ryan Papenhuyzen
15. Payne Haas
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Tyson Frizell

I thought Cordner was all but confirmed out for the series, one too many knocks to the head

Jason Maher

Immortal
Missed that about Cordner. Then Frizell and Crichton start, and Finucane comes onto the bench in my team. I could see Freddy opting for Brown though, given he was one of the reserves for game 1.

Murray is a big, big out. He barely got on the field in game 1 before getting injured. I believe if he played the second half, we win game 1.

greenBV4

Bench
Captain Teddy, Keary Gone, New Look Bench
I thought for sure paps would be on the bench but maybe that calf still hasn't pulled up ok

SBD82

Coach
There’s an awful lot of egg on faces in this thread.

f**king glad I didn’t comment after game 1. I’d have enough to make an omelette.