What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Well, well Freddy, Karma's a bitch.

He doesn’t mind bagging the WT, well we all know our club has issues regarding the salary cap and dead wood on our books, but seriously Freddy you need to have a good look in mirror , you had the whole state at your disposal ,without a salary cap and yet picked a NSW team that delivered one of the softest performances in origin history.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
From NRL.com regarding 2021 rosters:

Wests Tigers
Have four spots left for next season with Josh Addo-Carr's manager understood to be close to agreeing to a four-year deal, though his release from Melbourne is contingent on a replacement being sourced.

BrotherJim05

Bench
JAC and Tamoa are massive signings for us. I literally see no downside to their additions in any way shape or form.

If we have spare cash after this, I think we need to go after Angus Chrighton. Before everyone tells me no way, consider the following:
- he's a really good player, maybe not yet an Origin regular but he's got his best footy ahead of him
- he came up through Bunnies system while Madge was head coach. He will already have respect for him
- nobody has right side 2nd row locked down yet, he'd walk in and take it
- he could become a leader for other 2nd rowers like Blore, McIntyre, who would be happy playing off bench and waiting for their opportunity to move into starting 2nd row
- Roosters would subsidise a chunk of his salary, particularly for 2021 where money is a bit tighter for us. For example, if Roosters paid most of his salary for 2021, then we picked up the tab 2022, it would be fine as we could use Packers money to replace him.

Two Origin players plus the Captain of the Minor Premiers would completely reshape our team for the better

LMAO at Ivan showing what he is really like with the handling of Josh Mansour at the Riff.

I don’t even think Ivan had the courtesy to text him goodbye.

8362D8F2-67D1-42FF-9968-3BF1DDAAE5EB.jpeg

He dragged him in and delivered the news personally.

And josh is giving it to him in the press lol.

FA015001-0A12-44D4-BDA5-D4E05CDCD70E.jpeg

We could have told Josh what loyalty means to Ivan:

76D7CF63-92B1-4208-9CD0-6A6DB057859B.jpeg

Which is why people are fine with the panthers but not under Lyin Ivan.

Not good for their morale. The panther players will be wondering if they will get the same treatment if they put in. They will see themselves as lumps of meat. It will be in the back of their minds as Josh was a club legend. He was extremely popular.

The Panther players will talk about it and think less of Ivan and their seemingly heartless employer.

Ivan didn’t even have the decency to wait until the mental anguish and pain of the gf had subsided and all but ensures that Josh doesn’t get the chance to say goodby to his legions of fans and supporters in smug land. People who have followed his career and waved to him after games. Sponsors, staff and other acquaintances. No chairing off for him. He can’t say a proper goodbye and grieve the leaving properly. Footy players are a sensitive lot. Most of them love the fans and we love them. It’s a special relationship that money can’t buy.

Joshs point in the press is a good one, simply that he should have been told earlier and then he could have planned and sought offers during the year ( he still has a year to go, all the other clubs thought that, so they passed him by).

So he’s lost multiple opportunities to join squads and make the most of his short time left.

I thought he earned that respect, even if he needs to be moved on to stop the vultures circling Staines.

A testimonial dinner or whatever, some kindness back for his enormous sacrifice. Probably close to a millions over the years.

He was there when they were shite afterthoughts. Part of their reaching out for the stars.

Big Jim spotted the treachery behind the facade early, got out quick, which is why he is a leader of men. No such luck for Josh.

The moral is that it never pays to be there for Ivan.

Ask Josh what you get for having a go and doing your best.

The creepy soul destroying belief system that has created and sustained Ivans smug has now been revealed for what it is.

Josh Mansour, you deserved a lot better my son.

On behalf of the ordinary fan, we stand by you mate not Ivan and the cronies who let you and themselves down in such callous and disgusting fashion.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He doesn’t mind bagging the WT, well we all know our club has issues regarding the salary cap and dead wood on our books, but seriously Freddy you need to have a good look in mirror , you had the whole state at your disposal ,without a salary cap and yet picked a NSW team that delivered one of the softest performances in origin history.
For a guy that presents as a coach with all the principles and expects the same of his team to bring Cordner back on after his concussion in game 1 has Freddy regressing back to his care free immature ways..(And Freddys blaming it on the medical staff is BS) Maybe it’s the winning or leading for too long that that makes people negligent when they otherwise wouldn’t be. Either way it’s not a good look. And making Cleary vice captain someone whose head is obviously and (fair enough too) is not in the right place is maybe the worst decision he’s made yet..It’s a gamble, for sure it may work, but to me it’s more like pushing shit uphill...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t even think Ivan had the courtesy to text him goodbye.

View attachment 43675

He dragged him in and delivered the news personally.

And josh is giving it to him in the press lol.

View attachment 43676

We could have told Josh what loyalty means to Ivan:

View attachment 43677

Which is why people are fine with the panthers but not under Lyin Ivan.

Not good for their morale. The panther players will be wondering if they will get the same treatment if they put in. They will see themselves as lumps of meat. It will be in the back of their minds as Josh was a club legend. He was extremely popular.

The Panther players will talk about it and think less of Ivan and their seemingly heartless employer.

Ivan didn’t even have the decency to wait until the mental anguish and pain of the gf had subsided and all but ensures that Josh doesn’t get the chance to say goodby to his legions of fans and supporters in smug land. People who have followed his career and waved to him after games. He can’t say a proper goodbye and grieve the leaving properly. Footy players are a sensitive lot. Most of them love the fans and we love them. It’s a special relationship that money can’t buy.

Joshs point in the press is a good one, simply that he should have been told earlier and then he could have planned and sought offers during the year ( he still has a year to go, all the other clubs thought that, so they passed him by).

So he’s lost multiple opportunities to join squads and make the most of his short time left.

I thought he earned that respect, even if he needs to be moved on to stop the vultures circling Staines.

A testimonial dinner or whatever, some kindness back for his enormous sacrifice. Probably close to a millions over the years.

He was there when they were shite afterthoughts. Part of their reaching out for the stars.

Big Jim spotted the treachery behind the facade early, got out quick, which is why he is a leader of men. No such luck for Josh.

The moral is that it never pays to be there for Ivan.

Ask Josh what you get for having a go and doing your best.

The creepy soul destroying belief system that has created and sustained Ivans smug has now been revealed for what it is.

Josh Mansour, you deserved a lot better my son.
We don’t need a 10 year plan for our wing position. A 1 or 2 year plan is enough. By sunset today Id have Mansour signed Talau swapped for JAC (I haven't seen anything in the SMH about JAC being more likely for us. Maybe Monday mornings paper?) Anyway Nofo, Mansour and JAC at fullback. Now that’s an attack. If JAC can’t do fullback which is to me unlikely..Nofo will.That boy can do anything...

Last edited:
We don’t need a 10 year plan for our wing position. A 1 or 2 year plan is enough. By sunset today Id have Mansour signed Talau swapped for JAC (I haven't seen anything in the SMH about JAC bring more likely for us. Maybe Monday mornings paper?) Anyway Nofo, Mansour and JAC at fullback. Now that’s an attack. If JAC can’t to fullback which is to me unlikely..Nofo will.That boy can do anything...
imo you’d have to look pretty hard to find a back 3 problem with them 3

It was a low act by them leading him on to believe he was part of their future plans.

They probably knew months ago he was on the outer and they kept it hidden from him.

In the meantime, he’s forgone a large number of opportunities

He gave them brilliant service, did his best always and they disrespected him.

There was no good reason to treat him that way and take so much from a loyal servant.

Snivelling ungrateful rats, cowards of the highest order.

The players won’t be liking their treatment of him in any way. It was unnecessarily harsh and beyond selfish.

They are damaged goods under Ivan, they will never repeat the smug and never win a gf under such a heartless, empty, soul sucking regime.

WA Tiger

Bench
It was a low act by them leading him on to believe he was part of their future plans.

They probably knew months ago he was on the outer and they kept it hidden from him.

In the meantime, he’s forgone a large number of opportunities

He gave them brilliant service, did his best always and they disrespected him.

There was no good reason to treat him that way and take so much from a loyal servant.

Snivelling ungrateful rats, cowards of the highest order.

The players won’t be liking their treatment of him in any way. It was unnecessarily harsh and beyond selfish.

They are damaged goods under Ivan, they will never repeat the smug and never win a gf under such a heartless, empty, soul sucking regime.
Let it all out mate. You’ll feel better
Another team can benefit from Mansaurs sitn and at a reasonable price and he will have a lit fuse for sure. That’s my angle..unless he’s as bad as I think 40/20 says..I have to admit my crazy work hours have restricted my viewing this year

Last edited:
Let it all out mate. You’ll feel better
Another team can benefit and at a reasonable price and he will have a lit fuse for sure. That’s my angle..unless he’s as bad as I think 40/20 says..I have to admit my crazy work hours have restricted my viewing this year

Ivan and his dark forces have given Mansour the same shit sandwich we got.

Josh is now one of us forever.

Wherever he goes, the Tiger will lower its tail slightly in friendship and acknowledgement.

Apparently Josh and his wife were crying. What a shocking betrayal.

A lot of these players Ivan, they only have a limited time to set themselves up forever. Many of them live and suffer with injury for the rest of their lives.

Madge is tough on players, but he respects them and hell would freeze over before he dips into their wallet without asking. He drips with integrity at all material levels.

Ivans not fit to hold Madge’s clipboard when Madge is selecting the seasons gear stewards.

This is the beginning of the end of smugness. Their fans will suffer the most ( as per usual).

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ivan and his dark forces have given Mansour the same shit sandwich we got.

Josh is now one of us forever.

Wherever he goes, the Tiger will lower its tail slightly in friendship and acknowledgement.

Apparently Josh and his wife were crying. What a shocking betrayal.

A lot of these players Ivan, they only have a limited time to set themselves up forever. Many of them live and suffer with injury for the rest of their lives.

Madge is tough on players, but he respects them and hell would freeze over before he dips into their wallet without asking. He drips with integrity at all material levels.

Ivans not fit to hold Madge’s clipboard when Madge is selecting the seasons gear stewards.

This is the beginning of the end of smugness. Their fans will suffer the most ( as per usual).

Like most other Panther supporters I'm pretty sad that Sauce is being moved on. Many of us on the Penrith site we were suggesting this from mid year. Blokes like Staines and Laurie (wonderful speed agility and most of all youth) now ready for NRL.

It comes down to this Would you at W/T prefer to keep a player aged 30 (yep wonderful clubman) who has sustained a good number of injuries, struggles under the highball or keep Staines a bloke who on debut scored 4 tries in his first game of NR ? In your heart of hearts who would you and more importantly your club chose.

Ivan and Matt Cameron the footy manager met him in person to deliver the news (over breakfast). Yep it was 48 hours after the grandfinal loss (but when is a good time to do this)

At least Josh now has an opportunity to get a new deal. This news would be far worse comming mid January 2021 after most deals for the year had been done.

Fordy20

Juniors
At least Josh now has an opportunity to get a new deal. This news would be far worse comming mid January 2021 after most deals for the year had been done.

An opportunity which you would deny him, according to what you said before. You'd prefer to have a club legend languishing in reserves for the year behind Staines and Laurie than allow him the opportunity to play on elsewhere if your club had to meet their contractual obligations and pay the man what he's owed.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
An opportunity which you would deny him, according to what you said before. You'd prefer to have a club legend languishing in reserves for the year behind Staines and Laurie than allow him the opportunity to play on elsewhere if your club had to meet their contractual obligations and pay the man what he's owed.

Yep there is a part of me that would like Sauce to stay, play reserves and mentor these young kids comming through. I also recognise that this is quite a selfish attitude, and probably not realistic. That is the fan in me talking.

I've been told that if Sauce chooses to stay they are able to meet his contract and the others within the cap for the following year 2021.

Last edited:
He got treated like shit because they didn’t tell him about their plans.

That has nothing to do with is age or their plans, it’s about how they dealt with him.

Kept him on board until the gf and then called a meeting and sacked him within 48 hours.

He had no idea it was coming.

The people who planned all this and shafted him are unworthy of being in our game. They should f**k off out of it, miserable two bit leeching scum.

He should lawyer up, see if he has any options.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Just a salary cap ploy from Ivan so he can give his son a bonus, not the young winger. He needs a scapegoat for the GF disaster as well and so Mansour it is. Cleary's are loyal only to themselves. Much like the pretend 'family' club Bulldogs of the 80s run by Peter Moore.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Mate, I despise Chinny McChin Chin as much as the rest of us, but clearly they have better wingers coming through the ranks that will take up a fraction of what Mansour commands. At an emotional level it's terrible but that's how a proper sports franchise is run. It's about the team, not the individual.

It totally sucks for Mansour, and by all accounts he's a top bloke, but the whole "staying loyal to your club" is a myth. They are professionals. They aren't doing this for free and management aren't being paid to be their friends

Mate, I despise Chinny McChin Chin as much as the rest of us, but clearly they have better wingers coming through the ranks that will take up a fraction of what Mansour commands. At an emotional level it's terrible but that's how a proper sports franchise is run. It's about the team, not the individual.

It totally sucks for Mansour, and by all accounts he's a top bloke, but the whole "staying loyal to your club" is a myth. They are professionals. They aren't doing this for free and management aren't being paid to be their friends

I respectfully disagree.

There’s nothing professional about keeping the hard facts from him, probably for months and then surprising him in the manner that they did.

If the game was just about money, it wouldn’t exist, we’d have no juniors etc. thousands of people volunteer.

They had a choice and they decided to rip him off.

It’s shameful and they will pay dearly for it.

The issue is not about him playing for them next year, not even about loyalty....but about how they treated him. Very unprofessional, unnecessary and unjust.

He missed job opportunities when he didn’t have to because they decided to play the hero dickhead.

Last edited: