What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well that's a terrible way to treat a guy like Mansour. Once this become mainstream the club will be getting a lot of heat from fans.
For what exactly?

We told him up front that Staines will get first crack at that left wing position. Didn't f**k around and drag it out.

He has plenty of time to decide if he wants to stay and play first grade or if he wants to sign elsewhere.

It's shitty news for a player to hear. But exactly how could they have done any better by him in telling him?

He had a solid season this year. But is clearly a fringe first grader at best. We have better options here and told him one of them is being given a chance.

We let Mansour play out the season. I know the media are trying to paint Panthers as villains in this. But they've done nothing wrong.

Fangs

Coach
That was a terrible read.

I see why he is upset, he admits to that in the article.

At the same time, I can't see what the club has done wrong here. There was never a good time to tell him. Saying it straight after the GF was probably best. Rip the bandaid off quickly.

He obviously has a point to prove and good luck to him.

Jane Murray

Bench
For what exactly?

We told him up front that Staines will get first crack at that left wing position. Didn't f**k around and drag it out.

He has plenty of time to decide if he wants to stay and play first grade or if he wants to sign elsewhere.

It's shitty news for a player to hear. But exactly how could they have done any better by him in telling him?

He had a solid season this year. But is clearly a fringe first grader at best. We have better options here and told him one of them is being given a chance.

We let Mansour play out the season. I know the media are trying to paint Panthers as villains in this. But they've done nothing wrong.

Exactly. Ivan could have kept on selecting him for the lower grades, assuming that goes ahead.

WestyLife

First Grade
For what exactly?

I don't think the club has been specifically bad to him but there is a lot more emotion around a guy like Mansour than other players. Look at people's inability to accept Cleary having poor origin form. Mansour is 10x more loved than anyone in the team and it's a very negative read even with the direct quotes.

For what exactly?

Sounds like he wanted to be told earlier. But I wouldn’t say the media are painting us as villains, they have a heap of quotes from Mansour, it’s a legit story.

I reckon they should give strong consideration to playing Staines on the right and moving To’o to the left. The left is already our strongest side by far, the right could do with a serious attacking weapon. Not that To’o is bad attacking wise, but this would help balance the team a little more.

murraymob

Coach
Well super coach is at it again
Mansour has. The best stats of any winger in the NRL plain and simple.Yet he will be shown the door for a rookie who could be the next Moylan a croc.
He ego cost us the grand final moving Naden a strike center to the bench for his son may
Bennet showed as with coaches and players there are levels some can take players to and some get them higher .With no Naden and Mansour next year we are a backline in real trouble

The_Frog

First Grade
Mansour has. The best stats of any winger in the NRL plain and simple.Yet he will be shown the door for a rookie who could be the next Moylan a croc.
He ego cost us the grand final moving Naden a strike center to the bench for his son may
Bennet showed as with coaches and players there are levels some can take players to and some get them higher .With no Naden and Mansour next year we are a backline in real trouble
Did you see his effort in the GF when a ball was put ingoal? It was only sheer luck that Olam didn't score. He will be targeted. His time has come.

Abacus

Juniors
As much as we love Josh, there are some pretty laughable quotes in there.

being told at a cafe straight after a grand final loss that I wasn’t wanted - maybe he wanted to be told during the team's 17 game winning streak?

I think I am good enough to play first grade at Penrith - if Staines stays fit earlier in the year, Mansour would likely already have been out of the team.

I know I have plenty left in me and I think I can be at the top for at least another three years. - I can only guess he means playing NRL. He hasn't been at his top for a couple of seasons at least. And yes, there are teams where he can play NRL for another 3 years - it just wont't be at the Panthers on the money he's on now.

Anyway my takeaway from the article is that Josh will be at a new club by Xmas. Sad for both sides but for too long Panthers have been governed by emotion & sentimentality. If we ran in the bottom 4 clubs this year & didn't have guys of the cailbre of Staines looking for a shot, then absolutely look to keep Josh as a 1 club player.

But we've heard from @Blade23 that 2022 cap is going to particularly tight - meaning Josh won't get a deal with us after 2021. As a club, no point holding back someone that will be at the club in 2022 for someone that won't be.

Abacus

Juniors
Is Naden gone? Or is the club making moves to try & retain Naden, Burton & others?

Smug Panther

First Grade
Sauce was very lucky not to be punted years ago. If you can't see that then wow.

Are we here to be loveable losers or to win comps?

Black Diamond

Juniors
I reaally feel for Josh. He has been so loyal to our club over 9 years even knocking back larger offers from rival clubs to stay at the club he loves. I get that it's a business and these things happen but he has been blindsided, he had no idea this was going to happen. His stats have been good this year. What a double whammy for him after the heartache of losing a grand final.

My biggest concern is the experience we have lost from the 2020 Minor Premiership winning team with Tamou also gone.

Good luck Josh, you have been amazing player and Clubman for the Penrith Panthers. I for one will keep cheering for you regardless of who you play for in 2021. Bloody legend.

He had great stats running this year, but I wouldn’t say he has the best stats of any winger.

Mansour is used differently than other wingers, that’s why he has so many running meters. But to me there’s another way to use your wingers, like Melbourne does for instance. JAC ran for 1200 less meters than Mansour, because they use him for strike. Mansour also had the second most errors of any winger.

To’o can also do a lot of the work that Mansour does. Having one speedy winger and one workhorse is a better balance.

Port Panther

Juniors
I would suggest the club is doing everything they can to secure Burton they had to move Josh on as they need plan for the future .
Its that simple that Staines and Burton are a part of that .
And i agree Josh has the turning circle of the Queen Mary these days .

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I agree Ivan made a terrible call on Naden, he should have started both games. No doubt.

But I don’t agree on the Sauce situation. I believe Staines should certainly be in the starting line up next year.

Jane Murray

Bench
I agree Ivan made a terrible call on Naden, he should have started both games. No doubt.

But I don’t agree on the Sauce situation. I believe Staines should certainly be in the starting line up next year.
Think about the rush of blood Brent had during the Roosters game. I believe that played a major part in what happened to him after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts