What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Just talking to stags offline, I’m liking this signing now.

I talked to Mik.
He said Hipgrave is type of guy who wants to take players heads off. Very aggressive.
Opacic has promise but injuries held back.
Oldfield is about as good a depth signing as you can get. Fairly decent back up.
Papali is just starting to come good.

And that Bryce hasnt been confirmed.

strider

Post Whore
yeah I talked to myself

I think our signings are good ... we don't have big bucks to splash

Papali - impressed me, but I haven't seen heaps so I might not be a great judge
Hipgrave - aggressive, good energy type player
Opacic - I don't think I am as upbeat about him as others, but i'm sure he didn't cost the world and is solid
Oldfield - is not bad; sure not great, but he is depth ... if Sivo continues his poor form, Oldfield is an alternative
Roache - is a very solid smokey to emerge as a good 14 down the track

Cartwright - who knows if it will happen. I don't have alot of expectations, but also think he is cheap and doubt he will play much anyway

parra pete

Referee
I talked to Mik.
He said Hipgrave is type of guy who wants to take players heads off. Very aggressive.
Opacic has promise but injuries held back.
Oldfield is about as good a depth signing as you can get. Fairly decent back up.
Papali is just starting to come good.

And that Bryce hasnt been confirmed.

When will the Bishop be available?

Soto

Bench
Hipgrave will bring that energy and aggression off the bench.
To have a bench like Nuikore, Kaufusi, Papalii and Hipgrave/??? Is not bad at all. If that's the bench then we some good punch off it.
Better than what we had last few rounds.
He's a bit like Nathan Brown with the aggression and energy.
Has had a few concussion issues which is my only concern.
Was a bronx junior, moved to Titans and touted for big things as represented at all the jnr rep levels.
Work colleague of mine knows the family and him well. Gets out in the surf with him.
Its a 1 year deal. Plenty of upside if he works out.

parra pete

Referee
Munster was not wanted by NQ,neither was Kikau...Papanhausen, Addo Carr, Korobete weren't wanted by Tigers...proved to be handy pickups for Clubs.
Give the new blokes a go before nailing them to the cross.
Remember when Gutho and Nathan Brown were signed..and the amount of criticism they copped..
Some people are never happy....

Noise

Coach
BA constantly bangs on about us being a good defensive side, playing smarter and needing to avoid dumb plays. He then goes and signs Keegan Hipgrave, a bloke who can’t tackle and makes more bone headed plays than Kane Evans.

Delboy

First Grade
BA constantly bangs on about us being a good defensive side, playing smarter and needing to avoid dumb plays. He then goes and signs Keegan Hipgrave, a bloke who can’t tackle and makes more bone headed plays than Kane Evans.
Noise and Hiney being negative re the clubs actions, who would have thunk that :thinking:

hindy111

Post Whore
Munster was not wanted by NQ,neither was Kikau...Papanhausen, Addo Carr, Korobete weren't wanted by Tigers...proved to be handy pickups for Clubs.
Give the new blokes a go before nailing them to the cross.
Remember when Gutho and Nathan Brown were signed..and the amount of criticism they copped..
Some people are never happy....

After 3 games people wanted Guth dropped. Even I felt he should of been in NSW cup to get eased back into footy.

hindy111

Post Whore

Moses defense was also bad.
Teams in poor sides always will miss more tackles as get isolated more often.

Noise

Coach
Moses defense was also bad.
Teams in poor sides always will miss more tackles as get isolated more often.
Are we a poor side? Because Waqa Blake is among the top missed tackles in the comp. Moses is also high on the list. But Moses is small. Hipgrave is a prop / second rower, ie a big body who plays closer to the middle than Moses. He should not be missing the amount of tackles that he does.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Noise and Hiney being negative re the clubs actions, who would have thunk that :thinking:
Bea Arthur’s best mate defending him to the hilt who’d of thunk that.

At least admit you know him and your opinions are biased. I just call it as I see it.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
It may not be improved. But it certainly won't be worse. Four of our bench most regular bench players are still here in W.Smith,Stone,Kafusi and Niakuore.
So the other ones lost are Evans and Davey. Will the bench be stronger?

Can Niakuore be better. He took a huge leap in 2020. I think he can improve further. Unsure how much.
Kafusi is not even close to his peak. A lot of improvement there.

Stone is limited in skill and physical wise but shown glimpses. At worse case he will be more experienced and up to speed of NRL footy. So he will also be improved.

You then have -

Papali, Cartwright, Hipgrave, Hughes and Hollis who has been added to the squad.

Missing are Evans,Gower,Stefano,Davey.

Davey is 28 and at peak. Evans was rubbish, Gower was done and Stefano we do not know.

We also lost Terepo but he didn't play all season.

What’s stone shown glimpses of? He puts in a decent hit often but is too small and has a limited skill set to have an impact.

IFR33K

Coach
yeah I talked to myself

I think our signings are good ... we don't have big bucks to splash

Papali - impressed me, but I haven't seen heaps so I might not be a great judge
Hipgrave - aggressive, good energy type player
Opacic - I don't think I am as upbeat about him as others, but i'm sure he didn't cost the world and is solid
Oldfield - is not bad; sure not great, but he is depth ... if Sivo continues his poor form, Oldfield is an alternative
Roache - is a very solid smokey to emerge as a good 14 down the track

Cartwright - who knows if it will happen. I don't have alot of expectations, but also think he is cheap and doubt he will play much anyway

Disappointed you didn’t talk to leftie

hindy111

Post Whore
What’s stone shown glimpses of? He puts in a decent hit often but is too small and has a limited skill set to have an impact.

Glimpses of a solid NRL bench player. How many minutes has he played though when take out hooker?
I do agree however. The more I saw of Stone the less I was convinced he would go far.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone in the comp ‘Could’ have a breakout year.
No they couldn't. Michael Oldfield won't, Opacic won't, Lussick won't. These guys might, through circumstance, play 20+ games and call it a career best season but it won't be a breakout year. Papali'i and maybe Hipgrave could. I'd say Papali'i is the most likely. Not a coincidence that he's signed for two years instead of one.