What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GongPanther

Referee
Did Sauce ever give a thought about the guy(s) who had to be let go when we had to find room in the cap to extend his contracts over the years? He has had his fun in the Sun, and now it's time to move on to make way for Staines, who is destined to become the NRL's best try scorer in multiple upcoming seasons.

Jane Murray

Bench
Did Sauce ever give a thought about the guy(s) who had to be let go when we had to find room in the cap to extend his contracts over the years? He has had his fun in the Sun, and now it's time to move on to make way for Staines, who is destined to become the NRL's best try scorer in multiple upcoming seasons.
Also, the Panthers are the only team to give him a go. He would not have been a first grader if not for the Panthers.

franklin2323

Immortal
Mansour himself is saying he would’ve rather been told a little later. Why not take him at his word?

He’s not going to miss out on a deal, there hasn’t been a raft of signings in the past 8 days.

Most clubs are close to full for 2021. 9 clubs will be over if the squad size ends up being 28. If he wants to go early then waiting makes no sense.

He only needs to speak to Tamou to see how stressful waiting for a deal can be atleast Tamou was still in the top grade.. would be much worse in NSW Cup

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
This.

Agree 100%

The morale in the team has been amazing this year, everyone who watches NRL has spoken about this all year. Other teams envy the comradery amongst our boys. I also think it could be detrimental to team morale. The loss of experience is a big worry to me.

So we wait...Then get blasted because we strung him along. There is literally no right answer here

franklin2323

Immortal
Underperforming? Mansour and To'o were rated 10th wing combo in 2019 and 2nd in 2020 in NRL power ratings.
View attachment 43693

What about the 3 prior years for sauce? What if this was an outlier and we are stuck with a busted up 32 year old meanwhile we let Staines go?

People on here still whinge that we let Sivo go to keep sauce. So there is no right answer and can't keep them all.

He has been a great servant and I hope he gets to bow out on his terms

BxTom

Bench
What worries me is that Sauce had the 200k discount as a long serving player so he should only be costing @200k. We went out and got Rennings and Eisenhuth for 220k (min NRL wage is, I believe 110k?). I know who I'd rather have as a backup winger, and it's not one of our, Souths and Wests rejects.

Black Diamond

Juniors
What worries me is that Sauce had the 200k discount as a long serving player so he should only be costing @200k. We went out and got Rennings and Eisenhuth for 220k (min NRL wage is, I believe 110k?). I know who I'd rather have as a backup winger, and it's not one of our, Souths and Wests rejects.
Good point.

Blade23

Juniors
Yeah but it is easier to buy experience then young talent.

Look at the guys we signed so far. Aekins gone RJennings in. Added experience there

Same too Eisenhuth for Jed or Ellis. A few more like that and the 30 man squad is more experienced than this year was

You can buy experience but you can't replace passion (Mansour) and leadership (Tamou) straight away.
Next year will be very interesting.

tripster

Juniors
@Blade23 is there any substance to this report from the SMH?

The rumour mill has been in overdrive the past week about the future of Penrith young gun Stephen Crichton. There had been a suggestion Crichton attracted interest from the Sydney Roosters to replace Josh Morris at left centre in 2022, but the Tricolours have strongly denied any pursuit of Crichton.

This column last week reported the handshake deal Crichton made with Ivan Cleary to honour a three-year $1.5 million deal which had been agreed upon three months ago.

It now looks like Crichton will honour one part of that deal: to remain at Penrith. But you can be guaranteed his new agent Sam Ayoub will be arguing that Crichton is worth far more than $500,000 a season when he begins negotiations this week. The change of heart hasn't gone down well at Penrith.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...elease-from-south-sydney-20201108-p56cmt.html

Blade23

Juniors

murraymob

Coach
The Roosters link is bullshit. Made up to drive up his price and panic us into offering more.
The rest of the story is true. His new manager is agitating for more. He will get it too.
They will have it sorted out soon.
I guess from now on they need to get them to sign straight away being nice and allowing time never ends well

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure how he's worth more than $500k now. For all his potential he has he has some flaws aswell and if he's not going to honour his word on an already generous contract it doesn't seem right to give him more.

We tried to do right by him only to be screwed. Don't want to lose him. But if we did I wouldn't blame the club on this one.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can buy experience but you can't replace passion (Mansour) and leadership (Tamou) straight away.
Next year will be very interesting.

This is true but Cleary (Rightly or Wrongly is now the NSW Vice Captain), Yeo will be captain this year other guys step up.

Luai said he doesn't want to wear another sides jersey. JFH's speech when he got his milestone jersey was all passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.