What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

Just posting this here so it can be found for future reference -

LLOAXgwM.jpg

Ch9 are the masters of botching the pre-game telecast in favour of hearing the sound of their own voices...

They botched the 2019GF when Mal got on the horn to start the Viking Clap.. Bracey instead prattling on over the top of it... something every fan was looking forward to and they couldn’t get it right..

And last night - welcome to country yet again Bracey sticks his unwanted tonsils over the top the interrupt and cut to a meaningless talk from Johns and Karl Stefanovic FFS... it’s not the biggest point of interest before the game perhaps but totally disrespectful.

They all too often don’t do the big occasions justice.

mongoose

Coach
why was Karl Stefanovic on there? it was awkward
why do they telecast it like its the first state of origin anyone has ever watched in their lives?

channel 9 are just in their own little world

why was Karl Stefanovic on there? it was awkward
why do they telecast it like its the first state of origin anyone has ever watched in their lives?

channel 9 are just in their own little world

I can only guess it’s to give some familiarity to the “non rugby league” audience. Better him than the choir boy James Bracey.

But whatever the reason, the network just lacks awareness in a lot of aspects for mine...

taipan

Referee
Channel 9 never was, never is ,and never will be the home of rugby league.
It has commentators as exciting as dentists, promotes the code (in which it has a major contract) about as professionally as kids with a lemonade stand out to make a few dollars on a busy road.Bias is not a foreign word to one of the commentators ,it's what he lives by.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I switched over to Fox when the game was over and they were showing the press conferences live. From what I heard Ch 9 still had Gallen and co. rambling on about the game.

As for Karl presenting the Origin, just sums up Ch 9 with their sport coverage. Yes get a morning show, a current affairs presenter who supposedly knows about Origin to boost the coverage. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I switched over to Fox when the game was over and they were showing the press conferences live. From what I heard Ch 9 still had Gallen and co. rambling on about the game.

As for Karl presenting the Origin, just sums up Ch 9 with their sport coverage. Yes get a morning show, a current affairs presenter who supposedly knows about Origin to boost the coverage. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

With Stefanovic, he's a Qlder and a well known Broncos supporter. I dare say that factors into it as I've seen him be MC at a few rugby league functions (and no, he wasn't any better than he was last night).

Perth Red

Post Whore
With Stefanovic, he's a Qlder and a well known Broncos supporter. I dare say that factors into it as I've seen him be MC at a few rugby league functions (and no, he wasn't any better than he was last night).

I thought it was a cardboard cut out with a voice over! Guess its Ch9 cutbacks at play.
First time I've heard Billy, man he could play but sheesh hes a terribly boring commentator!

Silent Knight

First Grade
The home of rugby league is now the home of it's poorer, sh*tter cousin...

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...king-100m-broadcast-deal-20201109-p56csm.html

That's about $100 million too much. Union should be paying Nein to bore the daylights out of Australians.

Get ready for live cross-overs from James Bracey to Hankyhead in the Nein studio. Because the thing that Australians are craving after an exciting rugby league game is to watch grass grow while fat plods fall over one another.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nein and Stan getting into bed together for RU, could this be the future of NRL as well ?

Latest posts