What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Is a bench of ... Niukore, Papali, Hipgrave, Kaufusi
Better than ... Niukore, Evans, Stone, Kaufusi
?
Definitely better.
All 4 can and will bring aggression.
Evans probably played 10-15 good games in his 3 years here. Papali'i will be an upgrade.
Hipgrave can play. We don't need 80 minutes from them. We probably need a strong 30-40 mins.
I still reckon we have 2-3 more players being signed. Maybe can't announce as could be involved in Origin squads...
Gagai, Corey Allen and Mansour would be good additions to the backline.
I know some won't be happy with those mentioned above but if we could land 2 of the 3 above then we have a very good top 20 players.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Definitely better.
Evans probably played 10-15 good games in his 3 years here. Papali'i will be an upgrade.
Hipgrave can play. We don't need 80 minutes from them. We probably need a strong 30-40 mins.
I still reckon we have 2-3 more players being signed. Maybe can't announce as could be involved in Origin squads...
I know some won't be happy with those mentioned above but if we could land 2 of the 3 above then we have a very good top 20 players.
I think Allen is ideal, but I'd take Gagai too for the right price. Mansour would be alright too but a bit too old.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a myth that everyone on the bench needs substantial minutes. Your top 15 or 16 can usually cover the majority of the 80 minutes, and some benchies are only there in case of emergency. The Storm just won the grand final with only 16 players ffs. If a back went down Hynes would've come in handy, but they all lasted 80 so he wasn't needed.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
It's a myth that everyone on the bench needs substantial minutes. Your top 15 or 16 can usually cover the majority of the 80 minutes, and some benchies are only there in case of emergency. The Storm just won the grand final with only 16 players ffs. If a back went down Hynes would've come in handy, but they all lasted 80 so he wasn't needed.

Just ask Aaron Raper.

Glenneel

Bench
The fact we probably have little cap space means they are good signings.
I'm sure if we had a mill to blow we would make more of a splash.
I'd say our cap is [prob ably in better shape than we think. Some of those leaving were probably paid around $250k, Terepo and Taka, and Kevans probably higher. None of these signings would be over $200k I'd guess so we'd have to have money available to buy a decent centre. Naden might be peeved at being dropping from starting team for gf and maybe willing to leave if we ask Penriff nicely to release him.

Glenneel

Bench
Definitely better.
What has happened to Billy Magnolous? from Sharkies. Very skilful forward with some size and too good for reserve grade but didn't make their NRL side?

84 Baby

Referee
I'd say our cap is [prob ably in better shape than we think. Some of those leaving were probably paid around $250k, Terepo and Taka, and Kevans probably higher. None of these signings would be over $200k I'd guess so we'd have to have money available to buy a decent centre. Naden might be peeved at being dropping from starting team for gf and maybe willing to leave if we ask Penriff nicely to release him.
I too reckon we have a little bit of coin saved but are most likely awaiting the Menko result to decide on course of action

SneakyEel

Juniors
Surely there is zero chance of that. Swapping Best for Chambers would be height of insanity
Yeah thats what I thought. Apparently salary cap pressure is squeezing him out. You have to remember that Ponga is on a big contract, they just signed Frizell on big money, they're trying to re-sign Pearce and you add Chambers to that mix who would be on decent coin.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah thats what I thought. Apparently salary cap pressure is squeezing him out. You have to remember that Ponga is on a big contract, they just signed Frizell on big money, they're trying to re-sign Pearce and you add Chambers to that mix who would be on decent coin.
He’s signed until the end of 2022 and I doubt for very much. There’s an article from midseason about Knights looking to tie him up longer but nothing confirmed from that. So I don’t think Best would ease their cap pressure unless they did boost his contract and now can’t afford him? If that’s the case someone needs to be fired

Latest posts