What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I reckon Benji and Wade could be friends

coolumsharkie

Referee
Benji has been in talks with Brisbane for weeks, he has a basic handshake (elbow bump) agreement with the broncos for a 400k a year contract and it is a two year deal!

I believe he is using your clubs interest as a way of getting a three year deal from brisbane.

Benji does not wish to be a shark.

Hahaha

ghoti

Bench
Benji turns 36 in February.

No one is offering him a straight up 3 year deal. Lucky to even get 2 years. Yes he might keep on playing but it will be rolling 1 year deals imo.

Also not sure we even have 400k let alone would pay him that.

I actually can understand he’s hesitation to come to us. He’s clearly coverage till SJ is back and not guaranteed anything after that.

Surely that's as good an offer as he's gonna get though? He knows he's maybe got another season left in him...the rumours that he's trying to get more money and more years is totally absurd, he's not Gallen and Smith durable. If I were him and I just wanted to play footy, I'd take the offer that gave me to most on-field enjoyment for the year...he'll get plenty of dosh in media work for the rest of his life, it's hardly the time to sniff around for an extra $50k.

Word has been a Cowboys certainty but the money was shit, that Broncs rumour sounds like junk to me (they're dumb but they're not a two year contract dumb after all they've been through), Sharks makes sense, but seems we're not wanting to pay, and now Bulldogs in the ring after Green stayed with Newcastle. If I were Benjii and I wanted a $400k pay packet to play half a season and run around with some youth on the up, I'd sign with us... if I wanted a higher chance of playing a full season, I'd go to the Dogs (but would be wary of all the defending I'm gonna have to do while gettin dusted and slippin into 10th spot).

Quigs

Immortal
Has either of them still got it in them to string together at least 10 straight games in a row without having a stint on the sideline with injury.

ghoti

Bench
Has either of them still got it in them to string together at least 10 straight games in a row without having a stint on the sideline with injury.

They have one good leg each, strap em together and you get a full 20 game season... we're only f**ked if it goes to 26 rounds

Craigshark

First Grade
Who says when SJ comes back from injury townsend isn’t the one dropped for him? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6. Marshall
7. Johnson

Ads

First Grade
I'd go to the Dogs (but would be wary of all the defending I'm gonna have to do while gettin dusted and slippin into 10th spot).

Where do you think we are ending up? I cant see us making the 8. Especially if we sign Benji.

Special K

Coach
If everything goes to plan the best spot Benji can play in round 9 is 14. At the price of rookie but the experience of someone who has spent 15 plus years in the grind.

Also keeps pressure on Tracey and co...

Ads

First Grade
If everything goes to plan the best spot Benji can play in round 9 is 14. At the price of rookie but the experience of someone who has spent 15 plus years in the grind.

Also keeps pressure on Tracey and co...
Price of a rookie? Highly doubt it. Rather just use the money on the best actual rookie we can find.

Latest posts