What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Still can’t believe we want benji. Back the youth in a year we will be lucky to make the 8 anyways. Short sighted garbage move by Morris.

Benji should have retired at least 3 years ago.

Another player who thinks his shyte doesn’t stink.

He can now join the rest of them.

Special K

Coach
Allen
Benji
Tolman

have offers in that order. None are massive but all are “opportunities”. If we get all 3 there’s some solid depth. If we miss all 3 it doesn’t really matter. We can pick up players before the deadline.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I guess we're assuming he's not a priority since there's been no announcement, but in all likelihood there's a discussion going on...whoever Trindall's manager is will prob be trying to place him in the squad merry go round that's happening at the moment and fighting for dece contract value. He's probably a third choice 7 at best anywhere in the NRL so I'm guessing there's a stalemate between the Sharks offering him a low value contract and his manager trying to prove he can get more elsewhere. The club won't and shouldn't splurge on him imo
3rd best how do you work that out.
We have SJ when fit and Trindall we have no others in front of him here

Chimp

Juniors
Allen
Benji
Tolman

have offers in that order. None are massive but all are “opportunities”. If we get all 3 there’s some solid depth. If we miss all 3 it doesn’t really matter. We can pick up players before the deadline.
If we’re genuinely in for all 3, if there’s any doubt we’re going to miss out on Allen, scrap the offers to Benji and Tolman and throw the money set aside for them at Allen - he’d be a fantastic addition for right now and in particular the future.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Daine Laurie is signed with the panthers until the end of 2021. And they see him as their long term prospect. He ain’t going anywhere

You sure about that ?

Elsewhere the Wests Tigers are closing on Penrith Panthers fullback Daine Laurie. Laurie played three games in season 2020 after making his NRL debut in round 13 and has one more year remaining on his development contract at the club.

The two parties are in negotiations to finalise the move but it’s believed the Wests Tigers have offered Laurie a two-year deal from season 2022.

Born and raised in Iluka on the NSW north coast, Laurie joined Penrith’s SG Ball outfit in 2017 and went on to the named the Jersey Flegg player of the year in 2018, where he scored 17 tries, made 119 tackle busts and 20 line breaks from 22 matches.

But after a resurgence from Dylan Edwards, Laurie found himself down the pecking order for the no.1 jumper at Penrith.The 21-year old is one of 13 players off contract - without a contract option - at the end of season 2021 at the Panthers.

Penrith’s salary cap squeeze has meant the grand finalists are open to exploring a number of early releases, including for the likes of Laurie, rising halfback Matt Burton and Josh Mansour.

Tiger Shark

Bench
If we’re genuinely in for all 3, if there’s any doubt we’re going to miss out on Allen, scrap the offers to Benji and Tolman and throw the money set aside for them at Allen - he’d be a fantastic addition for right now and in particular the future.

Agreed. Allan fills a current and future need. If we get Allan then we can put Moylan at 5/8th for a bit, if he's fit or make due with Tracey/Metcalf/Trindall(if he stays)

Allan is a massive upgrade on Kennedy so that will offset what we do in the halves a bit.

Tolman would be my next priority, think he'd be handy in the middle coming off the bench in the 20 to 40 minute mark to keep things tight around the ruck.

Weaponhead

Coach
Agreed. Allan fills a current and future need. If we get Allan then we can put Moylan at 5/8th for a bit, if he's fit or make due with Tracey/Metcalf/Trindall(if he stays)

Allan is a massive upgrade on Kennedy so that will offset what we do in the halves a bit.

Tolman would be my next priority, think he'd be handy in the middle coming off the bench in the 20 to 40 minute mark to keep things tight around the ruck.
Agreed.

Fullback is the biggest need the club has and Allan is the best one available. He grew in the back half of the season and coming off finals and being in the qld squad should position him for a good season.

Tolman for cheap depth is a no brainer. Can do a job from the bench or start if injuries hit. He is low impact but a professional.

Benji is not needed if Moylan is fit and keen enough to start the season at 6.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Agreed.

Fullback is the biggest need the club has and Allan is the best one available. He grew in the back half of the season and coming off finals and being in the qld squad should position him for a good season.

Tolman for cheap depth is a no brainer. Can do a job from the bench or start if injuries hit. He is low impact but a professional.

Benji is not needed if Moylan is fit and keen enough to start the season at 6.
If Moylan is that's a big if, even when Moylan is what he seems fit, he can't run.
That would be risky halves combo to start season Moylan/Tracey with Trindall not signed unless Bomber is thinking that Metcalf is signed he will start him

txta2

Bench
Trindall was hooked for poor defence.
I can see why the Benji signing might be good. That is if he is cheap. He has a brain and can definitely show leadership especially with the bros coming through

Stake Removed

First Grade
With SJ out to start season our 17 for round 1

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Moylan
7. Tracey
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Rudolf
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Graham
14. Hunt
15. Talakai
16. Fifita
17. Vasquez

Ads

First Grade
You sure about that ?

Elsewhere the Wests Tigers are closing on Penrith Panthers fullback Daine Laurie. Laurie played three games in season 2020 after making his NRL debut in round 13 and has one more year remaining on his development contract at the club.

The two parties are in negotiations to finalise the move but it’s believed the Wests Tigers have offered Laurie a two-year deal from season 2022.

Born and raised in Iluka on the NSW north coast, Laurie joined Penrith’s SG Ball outfit in 2017 and went on to the named the Jersey Flegg player of the year in 2018, where he scored 17 tries, made 119 tackle busts and 20 line breaks from 22 matches.

But after a resurgence from Dylan Edwards, Laurie found himself down the pecking order for the no.1 jumper at Penrith.The 21-year old is one of 13 players off contract - without a contract option - at the end of season 2021 at the Panthers.

Penrith’s salary cap squeeze has meant the grand finalists are open to exploring a number of early releases, including for the likes of Laurie, rising halfback Matt Burton and Josh Mansour.
f**k me. Throw the lot at him.

Tiger Shark

Bench

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Moylan
7. Tracey
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Rudolf
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Graham
14. Hunt
15. Talakai
16. Fifita
17. Vasquez

Stop putting Ronnie at the back, it's not going to happen. I mean sorry, it's as likely as it happening as Feki was playing centre.

Also Hunt is out for probably the same time as SJ

bluefox68

Staff member

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Moylan
7. Tracey
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Rudolf
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Graham
14. Hunt
15. Talakai
16. Fifita
17. Vasquez
I assume you intentionally omitted Sharon Woods and Chaddy 'Lego Boy' Townshend?

Going along with Tiger Shark's comments, we'd have to play Dugan at 1 and Mulitalo on the wing. And just hope Duges has a brilliant off-season, loses 5 kg and re-gains some speed...

Special K

Coach
f**k me. Throw the lot at him.
He did a zoom with bomber. Dunno which side decided not to go further with it.

Tigers getting him means we are the only real club in the mix for Allan.. Broncos want drinkwater over him. For some reason though I don’t think we will get him

Tiger Shark

Bench
He did a zoom with bomber. Dunno which side decided not to go further with it.

Tigers getting him means we are the only real club in the mix for Allan.. Broncos want drinkwater over him. For some reason though I don’t think we will get him

If no one else is in the mix then surely we Bradbury it ?

Sharkman

Juniors
Trindall was hooked for poor defence.
I can see why the Benji signing might be good. That is if he is cheap. He has a brain and can definitely show leadership especially with the bros coming through

Have you seen Benji’s defence at any stage in the last 2-3 years?