What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks moving to Kogarah

Weaponhead

Coach
As an asset, the football ground is a white elephant. It costs money to maintain and gets further and further out of date. No way the club has the funds to rebuild it. Using the PM to grease the wheels with NRL and State Govt to get Shark Park rebuilt would be a brilliant move. Offering the NRL equity makes sense to get it done. AFL has investment in grounds. Use that as leverage.

No value in Kogarah upgrade. Only advantage is more central location.

Make it happen.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Agree on all counts. Why they want to be plugging more dollars into Jubillee is beyond me.
Perfect development site - close to public transport, corner site and right slap bang in the middle of a major thoroughfare, which should be taken into account with proposed F6 extension.

The Govt has decided to go ahead with Kogarah, not the Sharks proposal.
The NRL will be pushing us very hard now to play out of there.
I hope we have a slush fund to keep up with the Jones'

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...g/news-story/7ea07ad18267d49fdcf2bc4b1aa409f4

Budget 2020: Decision made over Jubilee Oval, Shark Park funding
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet has revealed in this year’s Budget grand plans for Jubilee Oval after $3m in funds was allocated towards works at the sporting ground. Find out what it means for Shark Park.

Jake McCallum
November 17, 2020 - 1:16PM
St George Shire Standard
51f32ffbc9294286d5a085d9360918b9

The sun sets at Jubilee Oval, Kogarah. Picture: Brett Costello

An ambitious plan to see funding proposed for the development of a suburban stadium at Jubilee Oval in Kogarah reallocated to Shark Park has been knocked back by the NSW Government.

Treasurer Dominic Perrottet revealed in Budget papers on Tuesday that $3 million in funds for the Jubilee Oval business case would move forward, despite calls from Cronulla Sharks executives to allocate funding to a redeveloped Shark Park.

58562cc29b27c18a274f3d1f7b52a72f

Crowds watch on at at Shark Park game. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
Acting Sports Minister Geoff Lee said the multi-million-dollar initiative would help create and rejuvenate sporting hubs in communities hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Right across NSW, community sport is the heart and soul of our social fabric and we want to make sure we have the best infrastructure for our State,” Mr Lee said.

“$100 million will be injected into improving facilities spaces across metropolitan and regional NSW to enable more people to participate in sport and active recreation.

More Coverage
Huge cash injection for Central Coast
“By investing in new and existing infrastructure we will encourage participation in grassroots sport and create employment opportunities as part of the NSW

Government’s multi-billion-dollar infrastructure pipeline.”

hey mate, your mates, the NRL, are going to try and get us to move.
Hence why some of us wanted them as partners.
Lets hope Dino is a man of his word and not just another politician in the waiting.
My gut feeling 12 months ago was we'd played our last game at shark park, nothing's changed that feeling. Hope I'm wrong.

hey mate, your mates, the NRL, are going to try and get us to move.
Hence why some of us wanted them as partners.
Lets hope Dino is a man of his word and not just another politician in the waiting.

To slightly reword that.....The cynic in me says "lets hope that a strong Sharks club with a rejuvenated Sharks Park Ties in with his own ambitions."

Exactly. $3m today will get you a coat of paint, a few new seats and new carpet for the corporates. Hardly a re-build or a compelling case to ditch Shark Park. Not much to worry about here.
The fact they are talking up doing it and not embracing Dinos plan ,that seems to be obviously better on many levels, Is a worry . Quigs' Paranoia is rubbing off on me.

Quigs

Immortal
Have they got any (Fed) money left after they over spent on the airport and now the 100 plus mill (state money) on the toxic block of land in Parramatta.

I, for one, am very surprised they are gonna spend this money on suburban grounds to begin with.
anyway. we need to sidle up to morrison, not koala killer

Eion

First Grade
I, for one, am very surprised they are gonna spend this money on suburban grounds to begin with.
anyway. we need to sidle up to morrison, not koala killer
Please, people called for a Royal Commission when he dared to support a modest badly needed clubhouse upgrade to LPFC. Not confident he can quietly get a $100m upgrade to shark park under the radar...

Please, people called for a Royal Commission when he dared to support a modest badly needed clubhouse upgrade to LPFC. Not confident he can quietly get a $100m upgrade to shark park under the radar...
Jubilee is in a Labor seat for both the Feds and State. Maybe there is a vote grab going on?? who knows, and here I am talking of the one thing I hate talking about hahaha.
I'm banning myself to the Qantas thread.