What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tiger05

First Grade
Well we’ll see, I think he will put pressure on Brooks to perform as I can’t see Brooks getting the many free rides he had this year.

Madden may put pressure on Brooks. I don't think Reynolds will be putting pressure on anyone.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I think season 2021 could well see the changing of the guard where WT give up on potentnial and be ruthless. It seems to be the only way. We have s=waited seasons for both Brooks and Liddell- both in key positions- to show it. Either they can perform to everything required from them and stay on the field or their out. No more excuses.

Settle the spine 1,6,7 & 9 and we are halfway there to being competitive. At present we arent even at that stage.

Edit- also- no more waiting and go for medical retirement of Packer. I dont wish him ill, but with the concussion head aches continuing, may as well make a case of it and try to get him out. Can always pick a young want to be replacement in the late stages. Also, if we have some cash spare in the cap, try to get Reynolds out with some form of agreed payout.

macnaz

Staff member
Wests Tigers confirm 2021 Football Department

Wests Tigers have today confirmed the club’s Football Department for the 2021 NRL season with several key changes to the coaching and football structure.

Under the leadership of Head Coach Michael Maguire, Shane Millard and Wayne Collins will operate as Assistant Coaches in 2021 — the latter of whom joins the NRL coaching staff after featuring as the club’s Canterbury Cup Coach in 2020.

A former Canberra Raiders, St. George-Dragons and South Queensland Crushers hooker, Collins has previously held assistant coaching roles with the Penrith Panthers, Canberra Raiders and South Sydney Rabbitohs throughout his career.

With Millard and Collins operating as Assistant Coaches, former Premiership Winner Brett Hodgson will transition into a new role with the club as Pathways Head Coach.

Ronnie Palmer will also shift into Pathways High Performance role, with Matthew Jay joining as an NRL Performance Coach from the Cronulla Sharks.

After spending a number of seasons with Wests Tigers, Assistant Coach Andrew Webster, NRL Performance Coach Steve Hooper and Team Manager Tony Carson will depart the club. James Wright will assume the role of NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant while 2020 Club Person of the Year Billy Callaway will step up to the role of Football Operations Assistant.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the changes would be of great benefit to the club moving forward.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome all new members of the football department to the Wests Tigers,” Pascoe said.

“All these new additions will add plenty of value to Wests Tigers and its football program, and will ensure that our playing group has all the tools required to operate in an elite high performing environment.

“I’d also like to recognise the contribution of Tony, Steve and Andrew over a number of years,” he said. “They have all have given tremendous service and dedication to this club and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.”

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department

Adam Hartigan — General Manager – Football
Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach
Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/f3dab01109638efe6d58cc44c3535ea5

ROUND 1

Sunday, March 14

Raiders vs Tigers, GIO Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 2

Sunday, March 21

Tigers vs Roosters, Bankwest Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 3

Sunday, March 28

Knights vs Tigers, McDonald Jones Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 4

Monday, April 5

Tigers vs Eels, Bankwest Stadium, 4pm

ROUND 5

Sunday, April 11

Tigers vs Cowboys, Leichhardt Oval, 4.05pm

ROUND 6

Saturday, April 17

Rabbitohs vs Tigers, ANZ Stadium, 5.30pm

ROUND 7

Sunday, April 25

Tigers vs Sea Eagles, Campbelltown Stadium, 1.45pm

ROUND 8

Sunday, May 2

Dragons vs Tigers, WIN Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 9

Saturday, May 8

Tigers vs Titans, Campbelltown Stadium, 5.30pm

ROUND 10 (Magic Round - all games at Suncorp Stadium)

Friday, May 14

Tigers vs Knights, 6pm

ROUND 11

Friday, May 21

Warriors vs Tigers, Mt Smart Stadium, 6pm

ROUND 12

Friday, May 28

Tigers vs Dragons, Bankwest Stadium, 7.55pm

ROUND 13

Friday, June 4

Tigers vs Panthers, Bankwest Stadium, 7.55pm

ROUND 14

Sunday, June 13

Eels vs Tigers, Bankwest Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 15

Saturday, June 19

Storm vs Tigers, AAMI Park, 7.35pm

ROUND 16

Sunday, July 4

Tigers vs Rabbitohs, Leichhardt Oval, 4.05pm

ROUND 17

Bye

ROUND 18

Sunday, July 18

Broncos vs Tigers, Suncorp Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 19

Saturday, July 24

Sea Eagles vs Tigers, Central Coast Stadium, 5.30pm

ROUND 20

Friday, July 30

Tigers vs Warriors, Bankwest Stadium, 6pm

ROUND 21

Sunday, August 8

Bulldogs vs Tigers, Belmore Sportsground, 2pm

ROUND 22

Saturday, August 14

Cowboys vs Tigers, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 7.35pm

ROUND 23

Saturday, August 21

Tigers vs Sharks, Tamworth, 3pm

ROUND 24

Sunday, August 29

Panthers vs Tigers, Panthers Stadium, 4.05pm

ROUND 25

Sunday, September 5

Tigers vs Bulldogs, Campbelltown Stadium, 4.05pm

The Rosco

Bench
Lol. Counting down the places . . . knowing full well that we'll be 9th . . . reminded me of playing snakes and ladders. You knew 100% that the 5 you just rolled was gonna put you exactly at the top of the biggest snake on the board. But you still had to go through the counting motions just in case.
But you knew.

swap parramatta and souths you’ll have 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 & 13-16 identical to this year with each block of 4 the same.

this draw reminds me of 2007 where the played all 4 of the eventual preliminary finalists in rounds 1-4 and lost all 4 games narrowly. Had we won 2 of those we finish 6th possibly 5th. If we can get through a tough first 4 games with a couple of wins we can really have a good season. If we are 0/4 it really puts us up against it. Still worth noting that in 07 we won the following 6 games and were in the top 8 until the final few games when we collapsed in a screaming heap.

axl rose

Bench
Cronulla and maybe the knights to drop down dogs and tits to rise up.
Roosters to drop down to 8th or better yet out of the finals. Morris boys are older than Vince Mcmahon, Keary and Cordner have concussion issues. Wouldn't surprise if both retire early or take a year off. Plus they have to go with new halves pairing after ruthlessly sacking Flanno jnr. They did fall to 2nd last under Robinson in 2016 with a few injuries. Wishful thinking?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters to drop down to 8th or better yet out of the finals. Morris boys are older than Vince Mcmahon, Keary and Cordner have concussion issues. Wouldn't surprise if both retire early or take a year off. Plus they have to go with new halves pairing after ruthlessly sacking Flanno jnr. They did fall to 2nd last under Robinson in 2016 with a few injuries. Wishful thinking?

It’s going to be an interesting year for a lot of teams that have been at the top for a while.

Agree with everything you say re Roosters. Their last 3 games showed how slow and old they looked compared to other top sides

Other sides I think will come back:

Raiders - been up for 2 years. Papalli, Crocker, Whitehead, Wighton, Hodgson, Lui, Rapana, Soliaia are all over 28, with only 2 under 30. Back depth will be tested

Eels - Had virtually the same team for 2 straight years and will again next year. I look across their squad and every player bar Dylan Brown has reached their peak. No major injuries for 2 years, dream draws and still couldnt get past 2nd week of finals. I dont see any improvement

Souths - treaded water all year before clicking against an Easts team who wanted to lose, a horrible Knights side and then beat Parra via a Mitch Moses choke. Bennetts last year, spent big on Arrow who wont improve them. Likley bottom of the 8 again

Likely still good:

Storm - with their systems in place its hard to imagine them sliding too far. However likley no Cam Smith will bring them back no matter how good Harry is

Panthers - had a dream draw and injury run but will still be up there. Barrett a loss as are some depth players. Likely distractions: Ciraldo apparently wanted for Sharks top job, lots of young guys off contract needing upgrades (Crichton, Luai, Yeo, Leuinu), theyre certainly a cocky young group, will last year go to their heads?

Knights & Sharks were laughable inclusions in the finals, but what does that say about us?

Titans and Warriors likley improvers and if Manlys 1 stays fit they'll be back in the top 8

Broncos, Dogs, Cowboys, Dragons all new caoches but with their squads unlikley to improve enough to trouble the 8