What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2020

Blair

Coach
Game One in Adelaide. I suppose there's a league community there, they had a SL/NRL side for a brief moment in the late-90s.

Has anyone here been to Adelaide? Can you report on its league scene?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
look its always good to have some footy on but f**k me it has been a long season. I should be getting ready for the cricket right about now!

Matua

Bench
look its always good to have some footy on but f**k me it has been a long season. I should be getting ready for the cricket right about now!
I'm gutted that the one year we have depth in our halves we have no tests. (Cricket season is waiting for league and rugby to start season for me).

Blair

Coach
The players must be exhausted, particularly as they have to enter into another bubble for the duration of Origin.

My view is that this year, the 40th Anniversary of Origin, they should've gone like they did for the first one in 1980, playing just the one' game.

On the plus side though, anyone in the Sydney/Hunter region of NSW will know 'winter' is back with a vengeance this week. If Origin was on tonight it'd be like July.

NSW up 10-0 at half time a day Qld looked in trouble going sideways on attack and flimsy in defense.
Wayne sprinkled some magic dust at half time and they came out playing straight.

Lots of errors.

JJ

Immortal
Pretty cynical stuff from the heroic Queenslanders at the end... And lame refereeing

NSW should be embarrassed though

Blair

Coach
It's just so out of season, this and the Bledisloe.

I can't get into either.

It was good for rugby that the Wallabies won last night, and I suppose this Wednesday night will have some interest because it's in Sydney and the Blues need to win.

I'm back on the cricket field though...

Meth

Staff member
I know NSW have been guilty in the past of chopping and changing, but this year is the year that they can (and must) do it.

1- Tesdesco
2- Cotric
3- S. Crichton
4- Wighton
5- Addo-Carr
6- Walker
7- Cleary
8- Saifiti
9- Cook
10- Paulo
11- Cordner
12- A. Crichton/Finucane
13- Yeo
Res- Frizell, Trbojevic, Brown, Papenhuyzen

Drop Tupou, Gutherson (unless Papenhuyzen is unavailable), Keary, Haas. Murray out injured.

Seems like a lot of changes, but I think this team has more established combinations.

Blair

Coach
I know NSW have been guilty in the past of chopping and changing, but this year is the year that they can (and must) do it.

1- Tesdesco
2- Cotric
3- S. Crichton
4- Wighton
5- Addo-Carr
6- Walker
7- Cleary
8- Saifiti
9- Cook
10- Paulo
11- Cordner
12- A. Crichton/Finucane
13- Yeo
Res- Frizell, Trbojevic, Brown, Papenhuyzen

Drop Tupou, Gutherson (unless Papenhuyzen is unavailable), Keary, Haas. Murray out injured.

Seems like a lot of changes, but I think this team has more established combinations.

I feel sorry for young Broncos' players like Haas. The mess up there this year has to have stalled his development.

JJ

Immortal
Must say I am not enthralled either - but I guess they have bills to pay...

I remain saddened by the state of centre - used to be centre was among the best footballer athletes - Rogers, ET, Miles, Meninga, Gasnier (x2), Cooper, Kenny (when he played there), Ella, Girdler, and more recently Inglis, Lyon, and even Hodges... even McGaw, Close, Mortimer, Cronin, Farrar etc now just anyone can play there, and at rep level they put people who's primary role is something else there - Kenny only played centre for Aust because the greatest 5/8 ever was captain... I guess the new King is at least kept out by Tedesco who is great, but apparently Wighton isn't even third choice 5/8 (which I think Fittler has wrong) - then of course look at the plods the Warriors have run out at centre

Meth

Staff member
Best centre in the NRL is a Kiwi.

Then there's Latrell Mitchell, who'd be a NSW centre, if fit.

Josh Morris opted out of Origin.

Jennings got done for drugs.

Staggs, Best and Crichton are on the rise.

Its not all doom and gloom there.

Blair

Coach
This one's more interesting. I'm not sure having the first one in Adelaide was such a great idea, Sydney and Brisbane are obvious choices for Origin.

I'm in tonight.

Blair

Coach
6-4, Blues, after 20 mins.

I thought NSW made a sluggish start but have found their feet now. Walker and Cook look dangerous.

Blair

Coach
NSW are showing their class now. 18-4, halftime.

Cleary good, a couple of big plays with kicks that has changed momentum.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
NSW have absolutely decimated the QLD pack tonight and they have turned up running 50% harder and QLD have had nothing for it