What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the first test V India

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We haven't played a test since January due to COVID19. Burns out I'm afraid, Puc in. Other than that no other change (Hazlewood back in after injury), although I'd be happy to say bye bye to Wade for Green.

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Thoughts?

Also - Kholi will play the first test than miss the rest for the birth of his first child.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We haven't played a test since January due to COVID19. Burns out I'm afraid, Puc in. Other than that no other change (Hazlewood back in after injury), although I'd be happy to say bye bye to Wade for Green.

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Thoughts?

Also - Kholi will play the first test than miss the rest for the birth of his first child.

Id have Burns over Pucovski. First test is in Adelaide a day nighter, can sack him after that ;)

JL will most likely pick Harris to open with Davey though

Bird for Haze if he is out or not ready .

Shame about Kohli

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...y-one-test-australia-rohit-sharma-added-squad

Virat Kohli has been granted paternity leave by the BCCI and will return home after the first Test of the Australia tour - to be played in Adelaide from December 17. It isn't yet clear whether the Indian captain will be able to return for the remaining Tests but, however long his absence, it is a big blow to the tourists' plans.

Kohli and his wife Anushka Sharma are expecting their first child around the new year, which had put a question mark over Kohli's availability for the full tour, scheduled to run from November 27 to January 19. The tour will start with three ODIs, followed by three T20Is, with the four-Test Border-Gavaskar Trophy played at the end.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
LOL.
True.

Green in for Wade is a "why not?" too. Offers a bit more.

was just going to say the same, Green in for Wade

the Indians will make a mess out of Lyon, hell he didn't really bother Queensland or Tassie too much

if we are backing form players Swepson is in considerably better form (15 wickets in his last 3 innings as a bowler) but that would take balls and our selectors will pull up short when it comes to making brave calls

TheParraboy

Staff member
3/58, I'll admit he didn't bowl NSW to victory but he had a good hand in it.

Mate

Lyon was very instrumental in the win

Wade and Sids were piling on the runs, biggest Tassie partnership
then woooska ....GOAT gets them both !!!!

Making it easier for the other bowlers to shine..

Fangs

Coach
Fangs 11:

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Easy team to pick. Perhaps Wadey will get the nod over Green for the first test but the all-rounder at 6 will end up being too tempting for selectors over the series.

Swepson a chance for Sydney if its a dead rubber. Haven't played two spinners in a Sydney test since 2017 (O'Keefe).

simmo1

First Grade
Pucovski for Burns only change.

Green, Abbott, Swepson, Inglis all putting pressure on incumbents to perform, which is great to see.

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Thoughts?

Strong side. Id have similar with a few changes.

Warner
Harris
Labuschagne
Smith
Pucovski
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Well one player and some order differences.

Marcus Harris is the forgetten man at the moment. Played tests last year and is another batsman who’s brained it early in the shield season. Rather than throw Pucovski into the firing line early I’d have Harris opening.

I’d put Pucovski in to replace Wade, and put him at 5, followed by Head at 6.

Wade was great in the ashes and did a job. I think though room has to be made for Pucovski though.

The bowlers remain the standard 4, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one is rested.

Latest posts