What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1170 SEN

Dodgy

Juniors
Down here in Melbourne. When I finish work of friday I make plans so I can listen to all the interviews that interest me on the other shows and the whole of Johns' shows.

Funny stories of Joey thinking he was a chance with Kylie Minogue and Matty interrupting a Melbourne Storm meeting while pissed only to be told it was half time! lol haha

Also a good interview with Ivan Cleary.

blue bags

First Grade
its all on the AP. down load , you can listen to 1170 sen, anywhere in the world I believe
they have 3 origin commentating calls teams, neutral, blues, maroons

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I was a Macquarie Sports fanboy, SEN hasn’t quite filled the void for mine but it is better than anything else on the air.

Matty John’s show on Friday morning is outstanding though, bugger that it’s finished up for the year already.

Mr Saab

Referee
I was a Macquarie Sports fanboy, SEN hasn’t quite filled the void for mine but it is better than anything else on the air.

Matty John’s show on Friday morning is outstanding though, bugger that it’s finished up for the year already.

Macquarie sports was hard to listen to sometimes. Esp weekends with Bridget Duclos with Bill Woods and the afternoon shows.. SEN is very rugby league centric which is good, as opposed to Maquarie which was mostly AFL

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Macquarie sports was hard to listen to sometimes. Esp weekends with Bridget Duclos with Bill Woods and the afternoon shows.. SEN is very rugby league centric which is good, as opposed to Maquarie which was mostly AFL

I didn’t listen much over the weekend but once it was Sydney focused I thought it was great. It was 80% league but had some great segments and generally found it easier to listen to.

SEN to be fair has just come out of footy season so not as much current topics then if it was mid season.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Katie Page sounds hot as hell but she is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Also knows very little about anything.

Looking forward to the regulars kicking off again soon.

Brutus

Referee
Didn't listen over Xmas period once I found out Russell Barwick was on there.

Can't stand that gronk.

Great to have Joel and Fletch back.

Mr Saab

Referee
Didn't listen over Xmas period once I found out Russell Barwick was on there.

Can't stand that gronk.

Great to have Joel and Fletch back.

I have given SEN the miss over xmas period. Not a fan of the Smith/Brown morning show, Barwick - meh.

roofromoz

First Grade
any updates, on reception of radio 1170 SEN in , out of Sydney areas

I have found the frequency band quite sketchy out west, say past Liverpool which makes it not a good option for the commute, but from the times I have listened to it, it's been good.

mozza91

Coach
Been listening to Vossy this week and it’s pretty good. The girl on it is a punish though. Apparently Josh Aloiai isn’t allowed to have an opinion because he’s never won a comp or a Dally M Medal. Righto love.

Mr Saab

Referee
Been listening to Vossy this week and it’s pretty good. The girl on it is a punish though. Apparently Josh Aloiai isn’t allowed to have an opinion because he’s never won a comp or a Dally M Medal. Righto love.

She said Elliott brought the game into disrepute with his actions and Voss strongly objected to that statement. She does not bring much to the table. Thankfully Jimmy Smith is back in the afternoons minus her.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
She is an absolute punish and has no idea. I’m back listening to the BSB in the morning which I concede is average but it’s bearable.

I remember they did a segment late last year and the question was asked if you were NRL CEO what 1 rule would you make to improve the game. She muttered for a bit then said ‘Make interchange unlimited to speed up the game’ there was silence then Jimmy said I actually think if anything the should reduce it to bring fatigue back into the game, then she said something along the lines of ‘oh yeh good idea that would work also’. LOL

Mr Saab

Referee
She is an absolute punish and has no idea. I’m back listening to the BSB in the morning which I concede is average but it’s bearable.

I change channel to the BSB when she is on in the morning. She needs to tone it down 4 notches for radio.

Dodgy

Juniors
Loving the full show podcast for Matty Johsn. Easy listening, and a cracking Mel Gibson story.

roofromoz

First Grade
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing all the SEN on air presenters were given Spinal Eze pillows as contra and did not have to pay for them.

I am interested in buying one, but are they really worth the price tag of $219?

Latest posts