What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
Just on Saab, I understand he will go to Manly for a 3 year deal?

Probably the best outcome all round. Thompson got to start a longer contract immediately with the Titans, we manage to snap up AK who got some first grade experience and with Saab going to Manly, that's one less player on our books managed by Tartak. There's no guarantee Saab will live up to his potential anyway. He didn't impress with the chances he got at the Dragons and his whinging in the media to get a release doesn't speak well of his character. He might end up another Robert Jennings, has the size but not the desire to succeed.

WA Tiger

Bench
I read most stuff on here, though it's getting harder & harder to. Some threads I've completely given up on.

The moaning about letting Benji go & the protestations about Cleary telling a 30 year old winger (who let's be honest is run of the mill. Yes he looked good this year on the end of a backline that fired, but was pretty poor the previous two) that they are choosing a promising kid over him, suggests to me that many posters on here aren't sick of being shit.
Boo fkn who!
It’s a bit of fun ..The main problem is TSP’s long posts and his constant bagging of “smug” Ivan ..if he shortened his posts a bit then I’d read more of them...I think TSP your a salesman and I also think you have some ADD which, with the faster moving mind can help with the pure selling/speaking side of things ...And Maybe it helps with the writing side as well ..hence the non stop posts..
Also not having to read the word ‘smug’ over and over if possible..Too me Its as bad as having to read Alice calling Mansour “Sauce” every 2nd sentence ..
Other than that Perfect
Anyway
There’s fk all to talk about atm

Last edited:
How good was JAC last night in SOO for NSW, if he comes to the WT it truly will be a positive signing and a step in the right directions in comparison to some of the duds this club has signed in the past.

How good was JAC last night in SOO for NSW, if he comes to the WT it truly will be a positive signing and a step in the right directions in comparison to some of the duds this club has signed in the past.

True but he’s not exactly running to the gates.

Its this usual “leave it up to my manager” which equates to trying to screw us for every last red cent because the managers take a percentage.

I remember Latrell belting on about his family and bullshit when he left the roosters which suddenly changed when he got too ambitious and we shut him down.

Running out of options, he crapped on about Souths and hey presto, got a crap contract and more bullshit.

The whispers are they are upgrading him, but he’s still taking a good hiding compared to the previous love on offer. He’s not the player he was.

Jac is jacking us around. My guess he’s not coming or we get sick of being the door mat.

I’m over greedy players. Fair price is all i would offer.

They should think about the real world and the shit sandwich most wage earners get.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Only seen Laurie play 1 game and honestly thought he was a bit ordinary. Hard to judge a bloke like that though, only 20 and didnt get a chance to play lower grades this year. Watching his lower grade highlights reminds me very much of Ben Barba. He's a tiny kid and one's like that you need to have patience with, for instance Barba didnt have his breakout year until he'd been playing NRL for 4 years.

Plenty of speed and seems to have a decent passing game on him too so will be an exciting one to watch

Only seen Laurie play 1 game and honestly thought he was a bit ordinary. Hard to judge a bloke like that though, only 20 and didnt get a chance to play lower grades this year. Watching his lower grade highlights reminds me very much of Ben Barba. He's a tiny kid and one's like that you need to have patience with, for instance Barba didnt have his breakout year until he'd been playing NRL for 4 years.

Plenty of speed and seems to have a decent passing game on him too so will be an exciting one to watch

Yep good feet imho. He has some runs up on YouTube.

And today we find out that we have reached out to Mansour, being a course I recommended.

Pascoe and I are on the same page at last ( good grief!)

Jimmy the jet, Lenny. Strike back.

And my Corey Allen.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If JAC is staying at Storm for 2021 then I hope he can sign with us for 2022 in the coming weeks. Don't want to have to go through this merry go round once again.

IMO it's not a bad outcome if he does. Centre is the biggest question mark in our squad, and we all know Mbye is not a long term option in that position. Move Mbye to fullback, let Momo/BJ/Talau fight over the centre positions, then JAC can have first crack at fullback in 2022 with our settled centre pairings and Mbye moved to bench as utility. When 2023 rolls around, he stays as utility and we offer to re sign him on utility money.

This is contingent of JAC signing with us for 2022 in the coming weeks. I won't blame WT if we f**k JAC off if he gives us any "let's see how the year plays out" bullshit.

With the money we save, go after Mansour and Angus Chrighton.

League guru

Juniors
If JAC is staying at Storm for 2021 then I hope he can sign with us for 2022 in the coming weeks. Don't want to have to go through this merry go round once again.

IMO it's not a bad outcome if he does. Centre is the biggest question mark in our squad, and we all know Mbye is not a long term option in that position. Move Mbye to fullback, let Momo/BJ/Talau fight over the centre positions, then JAC can have first crack at fullback in 2022 with our settled centre pairings and Mbye moved to bench as utility. When 2023 rolls around, he stays as utility and we offer to re sign him on utility money.

This is contingent of JAC signing with us for 2022 in the coming weeks. I won't blame WT if we f**k JAC off if he gives us any "let's see how the year plays out" bullshit.

With the money we save, go after Mansour and Angus Chrighton.
JAC was moving back to Sydney for all the usual reasons. Family, Support Network, Culture, but then the Storm came up and suggested some more money. Problem solved.

Choiboi

Juniors

Tiger05

First Grade
Time to move on and focus on signing Daine Laurie as our FB for 2021.

I just can't see Daine Laurie being a quality fullback next year. It might happen and I'm happy to give it a shot but we need to have DL as a back-up option that hopefully comes good at some point.

I hate to say it but I'd go with Mbye unless we can pick someone up. I'd prefer Douiehi but I'd play him at 6.

simmo05

Bench
Time to move on and focus on signing Daine Laurie as our FB for 2021.

Wests Tigers have tonight been advised by the Melbourne Storm that Addo-Carr will not be granted a release.

Wests Tigers recognise and respect the current contractual arrangements in place between Josh Addo-Carr and Melbourne, and would not seek to interfere in same.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/12/wests-tigers-statement-on-josh-addo-carr/
That's how a professional club deals with contracts. Good on em. A shame for us, but highlights how f**kin stupid our management have been just letting merkins leave because they feel like it.

Pezz70

Juniors
I'm cool with Latrell stating that. I think it's a pretty abnormal attitude in the world today but it's fine. It's basically something you'd expect but typically money can sway the decision.
Yeah me too, he’s made his move for
The right reasons I agree
With him

gordsy

Juniors
So no JAC, fair enough lets move on. As for us chasing Mansour, oh dear what a tigers special he would be, a busted up, short winger who is 31 next year.
I wonder if he wishes he took the $$$ from Canberra when even Gus told him to.

As for Daine Laurie, do we have the time to let him develop ? I don't think so, not the best option for us.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I saw a post that Aloai is asking for an enormous long term contract which Tigers aren't willing to provide, and now Manly are about to swoop in a poach him from us. I have very mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, it f**king sucks that as soon as one of our players start playing well they go to another club, but then on the other it will take a number of these types of players being let go to rid ourselves of the "payday club" tag that has fkd our salary cap for years.

2021 is going to suck

I saw a post that Aloai is asking for an enormous long term contract which Tigers aren't willing to provide, and now Manly are about to swoop in a poach him from us. I have very mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, it f**king sucks that as soon as one of our players start playing well they go to another club, but then on the other it will take a number of these types of players being let go to rid ourselves of the "payday club" tag that has fkd our salary cap for years.

2021 is going to suck

I used to be a ja fan but then came to realise that he’s too been too inconsistent to follow.

If he’s whoring himself to the silver tails now, all I can assume is that he’s a paid up card carrying member of the Tigers players liberation army-
(being those who tried to blame Madge for their gross under performance, abject laziness and can’t-do attitude).

I can live with a nofo trying to get a raise, dougie slogging his guts out -plenty of value, Lucy trying to belt his way to pack leader. He’s going well. Small bonuses due and f**king payable as they are on the up and heading north.

But there’s some serious come uppances due for players who ponce about like sacred cows. Ja is having a lend. If he thinks Madge is harsh, Des is off the scale.

Still no proper rake action.

Use the jac money to buy someone who will run at the line!

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Aloiai is our best middle forward by a mile. Our middle forwards were really poor and it was great to watch him step up.

I really hope we retain him but we can't f**k our cap up. I can't really complain about how the club are managing recruitment and retention but I'd like to see us get some wins.

Latest posts