What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abacus

Juniors
I genuinely do not think all is well in Pantherland.

Take a step back and see it unfolding (In no real order)

- Barrett signs with the Bulldogs.
- Burton immediately linked to the Bulldogs
- We drop Naden, weeks prior he was linked to the Storm.
- We lose the GF
- Tamou is not re-signed.
- Whare told to leave
- Mansour gets told he's not wanted. Media all over it.
- Crighton gets a new manager and then its uncertain we will re-sign him.

I look at the above and think to myself that there's something seriously wrong and there's a lot of destabilising factors and we're going to end up with egg on our faces.

I could be completely wrong but GF sides should be able to retain their juniors, re-sign their captain and manage the exits of players better than this.

My left field opinion is that Barrett had a bigger influence on the side than we may think. He leaves, all of a sudden the chips are down.

Maybe I am clutching at straws.
Main "problem" was we had such a successful 2020. As a result our young players are in demand, we want to keep them meaning we need to release our older or fringe guys, Barrett gets noticed because our attack improved.

We've been told our 2022 is in a mess meaning even tougher decisions for 2021. Crichton's new agent will be trying to prove his worth for his 7% which will just add to the 2022 pain. The club needs to do business differently than in the past - hopefully we identify & retain the guys critical for success, even if we have to lose a few flashy "superstars".

franklin2323

Immortal
Main "problem" was we had such a successful 2020. As a result our young players are in demand, we want to keep them meaning we need to release our older or fringe guys, Barrett gets noticed because our attack improved.

We've been told our 2022 is in a mess meaning even tougher decisions for 2021. Crichton's new agent will be trying to prove his worth for his 7% which will just add to the 2022 pain. The club needs to do business differently than in the past - hopefully we identify & retain the guys critical for success, even if we have to lose a few flashy "superstars".

That was the issue with covering our bases with only doing 2 year renewals for most of the guys.
Works if you go bad. Horrible for re-signing

He'd be the best No.9 since Smith especially because he understands exactly what the halfback wants.

Gower was a similar player in that respect. A very good halfback, but a much better hooker.

Just as a general observation, it’s interesting that no.9 isn’t looked upon as being as important as 7 after what Cameron Smith has done in the game.

murraymob

Coach

Or we have to be better at identifying the fringe player.Melbourne continue to get that average player at other clubs to rise .We have rarely got it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts