What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin III - QLD 20-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Origin 2020 - Series
Queensland v New South Wales
Suncorp Stadium, Milton
Wednesday 18 November 2020

TL-QLDM20.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Xavier Coates 3. Kurt Capewell 4. Dane Gagai 5. Corey Allan 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Christian Welch 9. Jake Friend 10. Josh Papali'i 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Lindsay Collins 16. Jai Arrow 17. Dunamis Lui 18. Ben Hunt 19. Edrick Lee 20. Moeaki Fotuaika 21. Brenko Lee

TL-NSWM20.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Clinton Gutherson 4. Jack Wighton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cody Walker 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Damien Cook 10. Payne Haas 11. Angus Crichton 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Dale Finucane 15. Junior Paulo 16. Nathan Brown 17. Isaah Yeo 18. Ryan Papenhuyzen 19. Jarome Luai 20. Cameron McInnes 21. Nick Cotric

F4p3I6i.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Hopefully Munster and Welch are right to play.

Ben Hunt is so awful in ANY significant capacity other than being subbed on against tired players.

blue bags

First Grade
Hunt preparing for Maroons halves return
  • National Sport
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ben Hunt is ready to start at halfback for Queensland if required in Origin III.
    Ben Hunt admits he "should have been better" on Wednesday night but is now preparing to don the No.6 for Queensland in just his fifth game in the halves in five months.

Wednesday night's heavy loss to NSW has exacerbated pressure on the St George Illawarra halfback who could step in to replace Cameron Munster in Game III in Brisbane.

The Maroons utility has spent the 2020 NRL season fighting for his spot in the Dragons' halves but was shifted to the bench and dummy half as he battled to find form.

With a State of Origin series on the line at Suncorp Stadium, Hunt will spend the week training at five-eighth should Munster be ruled out with concussion.

"We'll assess how Munny is and have a look at that but I think I'll be preparing to play a bit of six as well as the other roles I've been playing," he said.

"This week's prep for me is going to be a big one."

It will be the first time in Queensland camp Hunt has trained in the halves despite wearing the No.14 jersey as a utility.

The 30-year-old was thrown in to cover Munster after just two minutes when he was ruled out of Wednesday night's game after a heavy knock.

Showing his trademark brutal honesty, Hunt admitted he wasn't up to scratch.

His left-edge combination with Felise Kaufusi looked confused in defence, missing seven tackles as NSW ran tree tries around them.

Hunt said the shock of Munster's injury and his lack of preparation in the halves contributed to the performance.

"It's a really different role but it's one that I've played a lot of in the past and through my career so I should have been better than I was tonight I think," he said.

"There's no excuses for that but at the same time I wasn't really preparing to play there.

"It was a bit of a shock, it's obviously not ideal losing one of your star halves in a game but I was put in there to do a job and I was a bit off the pace.

"I wasn't really expecting to go in there and I was preparing for something else. I'll be looking at next week and prepare to be anywhere."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7009769/hunt-preparing-for-maroons-halves-return/?cs=9321

This Year?

Immortal
Hunt preparing for Maroons halves return
  • National Sport
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ben Hunt is ready to start at halfback for Queensland if required in Origin III.
    Ben Hunt admits he "should have been better" on Wednesday night but is now preparing to don the No.6 for Queensland in just his fifth game in the halves in five months.

Wednesday night's heavy loss to NSW has exacerbated pressure on the St George Illawarra halfback who could step in to replace Cameron Munster in Game III in Brisbane.

The Maroons utility has spent the 2020 NRL season fighting for his spot in the Dragons' halves but was shifted to the bench and dummy half as he battled to find form.

With a State of Origin series on the line at Suncorp Stadium, Hunt will spend the week training at five-eighth should Munster be ruled out with concussion.

"We'll assess how Munny is and have a look at that but I think I'll be preparing to play a bit of six as well as the other roles I've been playing," he said.

"This week's prep for me is going to be a big one."

It will be the first time in Queensland camp Hunt has trained in the halves despite wearing the No.14 jersey as a utility.

The 30-year-old was thrown in to cover Munster after just two minutes when he was ruled out of Wednesday night's game after a heavy knock.

Showing his trademark brutal honesty, Hunt admitted he wasn't up to scratch.

His left-edge combination with Felise Kaufusi looked confused in defence, missing seven tackles as NSW ran tree tries around them.

Hunt said the shock of Munster's injury and his lack of preparation in the halves contributed to the performance.

"It's a really different role but it's one that I've played a lot of in the past and through my career so I should have been better than I was tonight I think," he said.

"There's no excuses for that but at the same time I wasn't really preparing to play there.

"It was a bit of a shock, it's obviously not ideal losing one of your star halves in a game but I was put in there to do a job and I was a bit off the pace.

"I wasn't really expecting to go in there and I was preparing for something else. I'll be looking at next week and prepare to be anywhere."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7009769/hunt-preparing-for-maroons-halves-return/?cs=9321
Congrats NSW. There should be a statue made of Tyson Frizzel outside of ANZ stadium to mark this monumental moment in SOO history.
For the 2nd time in 40 years, origin will.be dead.

Queensland:

1. Valentine Holmes
2. Xavier Coates
3. Kurt Capewell
4. Dane Gagai
5. Corey Allen
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Christian Welch
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi