What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the first test V India

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
EmlcZxeXIAA2VWY

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty predictable 17.

Some weird selections in the A squad Steketee and surely Bird has shown them what he can do??? Good to see Sutherland getting fast tracked he does look a good cricketer in the making.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Steteke looks a decent bowler I reckon

knowing our selectors we may not see too many debutants, if any, they'll leave the form players out and pick the incumbents regardless of form

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they don't really need a second keeper, its not as though its a touring squad

there is plenty on tap here

they don't really need a second keeper, its not as though its a touring squad

there is plenty on tap here

Covid bubble, though.

If Paine gets injured then Wade has to take the gloves, no one outside the squad is allowed in. (At least not without some time of quarantining I’d assume)

JJ

Immortal
Ominous looking Strayan team - some young talent that looks like it's the real deal, the great attack, Smith, Labs and the hometown hero...

Wadey? lol

Kohli's only playing the first test? Gotta love Straya in this series then - aside from his batting, you feel that Kohli really is the soul of that team

Maybe not first test, but this is looking like a very serious cricket team soon

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Swepson
Pattinson

Depth

Sutherland
Richardson
Patterson
Abbott

Maybe still a little skinny on batsmen. I like the look of Solway, real long form cricketer. McDermott needs to break through for the big scores and hopefully renshaw continues to bounce back.

Keeper will be interesting, assumption was it was Carey’s, but Josh Inglis has been going well.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good move Boss

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-joe-burns-retain-opening-spot-ahead-pucovski

Justin Langer hints that Joe Burns will retain opening spot ahead of Will Pucovski

Justin Langer has given the strongest indication yet that Joe Burns will retain his place at the top of Australia's batting order for the first Test against India with the final decision being made after the first of the Australia A matches next month.

Both Burns and Will Pucovski, who has made two double-hundreds in three Sheffield Shield innings this season compared to Burns' 57 runs in five knocks, are in the Australia A squad to face the Indians at the Drummoyne Oval and then the SCG under lights.

However, Langer said that the man chosen to partner David Warner in the day-night Test would mostly likely link up with the Test squad in Adelaide when they start their preparations, which will overlap with the second Australia A fixture - a floodlit match starting on December 11.

Though Burns has struggled at the start of the season for Queensland, Langer referenced the strong pairing he has with Warner - which averages over 50 for the first wicket - and the fact it was part of Australia's clean sweep of the 2019-20 season against New Zealand and Pakistan when they went to No. 1 in the world, although the pressure from Pucovski is significant.

"[Will's] been amazing hasn't he, and it's exactly what we are looking for, I've said it for a very long time that we want guys who are outside of the team to bang so hard you can't ignore them," Langer said. "The fact is he's been so good we can't ignore him, he's been brilliant.

"That said I've also been consistent with the messaging that last summer we loved the combination of Joe Burns and David Warner, they have a real synergy, so at this point I'd say that will remain the same. But what Will's doing, what Cameron Green has done, is making a real statement through sheer weight of runs and that's always been a strong foundation for the strength of Australian cricket."

"When guys have done a really good job for us - like in this case that Joe and Davey did for us last summer - there's a reason we're ranked the No.1 Team in Test cricket. Those sorts of partnerships are really important, so we should never underestimate that.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-14_8-7-10.png
    upload_2020-11-14_8-7-10.png
    977.1 KB · Views: 2

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what a f**king mental midget,

I mean Burns is in such scintillating form right now isn't he

Latest posts