What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Tangles

Bench
I really wish people would let this play out in the courts. It always bothers me to see people making a case for the defence or casting aspersions on this young girl, when it seems their underlying concern is that the Dragons might be deprived a good footballer.

I agree with this sentiment fully , but the reverse should also apply.

_snafu_

Immortal

No, because the publication must have a tendency to interfere with the running of the proceedings, also it must be through a media organisation. Just further to this, if you are commenting on what is being reported (and not publishing anything that the public does not already know or the court is prohibited from publishing) then it is not contempt.

BennyV

Referee
I really wish people would let this play out in the courts. It always bothers me to see people making a case for the defence or casting aspersions on this young girl, when it seems their underlying concern is that the Dragons might be deprived a good footballer.
What bugs me the most is the claim by many (admittedly, mainly on social media) that a not guilty verdict should see Jack sue the NRL for not letting him play and even lay defamation charges against the accuser! It’s super special.

A not guilty verdict doesn’t mean this was made up, or even that it didn’t happen. It means that it couldn’t be proven beyond reasonable doubt, which is extremely hard in many circumstances. Regardless of the verdict, Jack has been dragged through the mud and absolutely put himself, the club and the NRL into negative light. I hope the club throws that ‘in principle’ contract in the bin the second this is over.

BLM01

First Grade
What bugs me the most is the claim by many (admittedly, mainly on social media) that a not guilty verdict should see Jack sue the NRL for not letting him play and even lay defamation charges against the accuser! It’s super special.

A not guilty verdict doesn’t mean this was made up, or even that it didn’t happen. It means that it couldn’t be proven beyond reasonable doubt, which is extremely hard in many circumstances. Regardless of the verdict, Jack has been dragged through the mud and absolutely put himself, the club and the NRL into negative light. I hope the club throws that ‘in principle’ contract in the bin the second this is over.

Because law says you are innocent until proven guilty so based on that and the fact he was still paid but not allowed to fully work and practice his trade.

It shows some bias towards public perception and others to keep him away from view
he and others have been stood down because of the bad look in simple terms.

Yes I know police and govt get stood down pending inquiries etc and plenty of other work instances that happens
but his work and his type of employment if you’re not continuing to fully work that has a potential for you to lose ability and physicality and income afterwards to carry out your work duties if you get a non-guilty verdict after such a long time

in regards to the contract I refer you to their website. Too late.. Agreed to terms of course I assume if found not guilty if all charges

ALSGI

Bench
Because law says you are innocent until proven guilty so based on that and the fact he was still paid but not allowed to fully work and practice his trade.

It shows some bias towards public perception and others to keep him away from view
he and others have been stood down because of the bad look in simple terms.

Yes I know police and govt get stood down pending inquiries etc and plenty of other work instances that happens
but his work and his type of employment if you’re not continuing to fully work that has a potential for you to lose ability and physicality and income afterwards to carry out your work duties if you get a non-guilty verdict after such a long time

in regards to the contract I refer you to their website. Too late.. Agreed to terms of course I assume if found not guilty if all charges
Huh?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The rest of us? Your the only one that asked for a translation.
Who made you forum spokesman?
But there’s probably no point marmalade man me trying to help you comprehend being about playing a physical sport and that.
Why get personal?

I’m clearly not the only one who thinks what was written makes no sense.

But hey, if you want to carry on, don’t let me stop you.

blue bags

First Grade
Teenage girl who claims she was choked and held down while being raped by NRL star Jack de Belin and his teammate had red marks on her chest and a bruised neck, court hears
  • Clinical expert testified that teen at centre of NRL rape trial had 'neck bruises'
  • Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair faced court over the alleged sexually assault
  • Prosecutors said the 19-year-old was choked and felt like she couldn't breathe

By AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 16:27 AEDT, 13 November 2020 | UPDATED: 18:12 AEDT, 13 November 2020

A woman was seen to have red marks on her chest and a neck bruise hours after she says she was raped by footballers Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair, a jury has been told.

Cllinical Associate Professor Ann Ellacott testified to examining the 19-year-old woman at Wollongong Hospital's sexual assault unit on December 9, 2018 when she observed the injuries.

NRL star de Belin, 29, and his 23-year-old friend have pleaded not guilty to the aggravated sexual assault of the woman after meeting her late on December 8 in a Wollongong bar.

They say their sexual contact was consensual.

Jack de Belin (left) and Dragons teammate Callan Sinclair (right) are pictured arriving at court

The woman has testified that she thought the trio was headed to another club before St George Illawarra player de Belin led them to a North Wollongong unit where she says she was sexually assaulted.
Giving evidence in Wollongong District Court on Friday, Dr Ellacott said the woman's history included leaving a club with the two men before being sexually assaulted by them in an apartment, during which hands were around her neck at different times.

She also said she was given $50 to 'keep her mouth closed'.
Dr Ellacott reported seeing areas of mild tenderness and redness on her chest below her neck, a graze on her right shoulder and a bruise on the right side of her neck.

She had no visible injuries to her genital region.

Dr Ellacott said such injuries are seen in the minority of sexual assaults.

Prosecutor David Scully referred her to the woman's evidence of twice having had pressure applied to her neck when she felt like she couldn't breathe.

De Belin (left) and Dragons teammate Callan Sinclair (right) are accused of sexually assaulting a woman

NRL star Jack de Belin arrives at Wollongong court

Dr Ellacott said she couldn't comment on whether one would expect to see fingermarks or any other visible injuries immediately after, if that had occurred.

'Because marks and bruises can appear later and change over a period of time,' she said.

She then said she would not necessarily expect to see finger marks around a neck after force was applied, as it can happen without causing marks.

De Belin's barrister David Campbell SC suggested redness to the chest can be caused by many circumstances, including friction, sunburn and poor-fitting clothes.

'Correct,' she replied.

The trial is continuing.

Teenage girl allegby NRL star Jack de Belin had a bruised neck 'from being choked'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-NRL-star-Jack-Belin-bruised-neck-choked.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts