What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll miss Mansour big time. Still unbelievably under appreciated on here by some. Speed isn’t the be all & end all.

The most successful club of the last 10 years used speed rather than brute force on their wings, why would we need two workhorse wingers when some successful clubs don’t even use one? The forwards are just going to need to step up a little.

Black Diamond

Juniors
The most successful club of the last 10 years used speed rather than brute force on their wings, why would we need two workhorse wingers when some successful clubs don’t even use one? The forwards are just going to need to step up a little.

Well it worked out ok this year. Those workhorse wingers played a part in the reason we were Minor Premiers

Well it worked out ok this year. Those workhorse wingers played a part in the reason we were Minor Premiers

To’o missed 7 games, some of those games we looked more dangerous with the speed of Staines or Naden out there.

Then look at how outmatched we were speed wise in the grand final. The back three of the storm blew us off the park.

I’m not saying Mansour didn’t play well, but I think we can do better with some speed.

franklin2323

Immortal
We’ll miss Mansour big time. Still unbelievably under appreciated on here by some. Speed isn’t the be all & end all.

Just part of the evolution of the game. Looking at the NRL squads for next year. Teams are moving towards speed out wide and speed in the pack. Seems less genuine middles

Black Diamond

Juniors
To’o missed 7 games, some of those games we looked more dangerous with the speed of Staines or Naden out there.

Then look at how outmatched we were speed wise in the grand final. The back three of the storm blew us off the park.

I’m not saying Mansour didn’t play well, but I think we can do better with some speed.
Yes Staines was outstanding in the short amount of time he was on the field. Unfortunately, he gets injured regularly.

MugaB

Coach
If Sauce leaving like this doesn't hurt you even a little bit you have no soul.
Call me soulless then...
Join the rest of the whinging squad of WT, im actually surprised the dogs didn't try and make a play for mansauce

maple_69

Bench
I obviously have no idea what the specific convos were but if it was ‘go get a great, long contract because there’s a young guy that’ll probably earn your spot next year’ then I don’t think we did much wrong by Josh. Obviously tough to take for someone that’s been so loyal to Penrith and the week after a GF loss but certainly better than having to drop him mid or pre season and slashing his chances at a flush final contract.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yep jobs for da boys!!! Keep all the good blokes f**k logic and professionalism.

Losing a 30 year old slow midget winger with very regular brain snaps isn't a bad thing
I obviously have no idea what the specific convos were but if it was ‘go get a great, long contract because there’s a young guy that’ll probably earn your spot next year’ then I don’t think we did much wrong by Josh. Obviously tough to take for someone that’s been so loyal to Penrith and the week after a GF loss but certainly better than having to drop him mid or pre season and slashing his chances at a flush final contract.

Without the Panthers, it is highly unlikely that Josh would have played first grade. The club is not in the wrong here.

MugaB

Coach
Agreed, he deserves so much better.
Delusional, seriously he is a winger, we dropped DWZ a few years back, and he carried on .....all the way to the dogs.
Josh is a great guy, great clubman, but seriously if we keep this up, we wont get to blood any juniors and get back to finals contention with 30yr old slow wingers, and if your gonna be slow, you better be breaking tackles from the back field

Blues Riff

Bench
''When Ivan told me the plan was to play Charlie [Staines] on the left wing next year I was just in shock. I didn’t see it coming at all.''
Really? OK.
The choice is to honour the contract he signed and help the club achieve what is within grasp. There is no way Charlie plays a full season.
...or take his bitterness elsewhere.
He should have transitioned into the forwards years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.