What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch a lot of lower grade games and there were plenty of occasions that he came of the field injured or wasn't playing due to injury. I have been watching Charlie for years and loved seeing him in action as he is such a talent. Injury has always been a concern though because of his size and he gives all. Hopefully strength and conditioning can help him and of course as he matures hopefully his body will strengthen develop.

Anything past your anecdotal evidence, though? I’m not doubting what you saw, but it’d be handy to know exactly how many games he missed.

Jane Murray

Bench
He is young, everyone has patches of injury, he'll get stronger and fitter, the older he gets. As far a delusional goes, please. Is there any word in the english dictionary not allowedto be used anymore because it offends someone!
I wasn't really aiming to call you Litterally "Delusional" with a disability...
Too many princesses calling bully on this forum lately, next time i call someone crazy, for saying the club owes ManSauce something after he blamed them for giving another guy a go, please grow a bit of a thicker skin, too many crying foul
I have been accused of using the bully word, which just isn't true. Somethings offenses others, it is that simple.

WestyLife

First Grade
Just on injury Tedesco had a close relationship with knee injuries and now is the best fullback in the game.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Just on injury Tedesco had a close relationship with knee injuries and now is the best fullback in the game.
Yes this is true but early in his career he was injured a lot. This is my concern, Charlie is also early in his career. I have no doubt Charlie will also make a name for himself as his body develops and grows strong. My concern is for 2021.

Panfa

Juniors
Josh is a great clubman and genuine top bloke but lets be real here he is 30 and his best days are behind him.Charlie has speed and height over josh not to mention youth its a no brainer and the best decision by the club.We didnt tell josh to go only that he wont be starting in 1st grade its joshs decision to go but it frees up cash if he does.Thx for your 7 yrs service josh and all the best in the future i look forward to seeing charlie burn up the turf next season cheers champ.

MugaB

Coach
So are you saying the success this season of 17 straight wins and making the grand final are because of Barrett, and not Cleary?
Ivan has a history of 1st year mediocrity, then a successful 2nd season, lets see where he goes from here

Black Diamond

Juniors
His minute to injury ratio looks a whole lot healthier then Tedesco's did in his early days.
Was that when Teddy was playing FG or lower grades? Charlie hasn't had much time in FG to see how he holds up. His injuries were mostly in lower grades so would need to compare like for like.

Crashtest

Juniors
I love Charlie, he is sensational. I still have concerns over him constantly getting injured, look at his history over the years, he gets injured a lot. Hopefully he will build up in the off season to prevent this happening when he steps up to the rigours of NRL.

He was named the 2019 NSWRL Jersey Flegg Player of the Year though, so probably didn’t have too many injuries last year. How far back are you saying he was injury prone?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes that is true but I was called delusional for saying Mansour knocked back offers and took less money to stay at Panthers. Was just proving I am not in fact delusional.

Salarys in the NRL are not public knowledge just heresay.

I have no idea the difference between what the Raiders offerred and what Panthers actually gave him.

I think in an interview Gus Gould basically said the club had to raid the club's piggy bank to keep him in our colours because he didn't want to leave.....how much that was I have no idea.

But the bloke (like all NRL players) didn't stay for peanuts.

WestyLife

First Grade
Salarys in the NRL are not public knowledge just heresay.

I have no idea the difference between what the Raiders offerred and what Panthers actually gave him.

I think in an interview Gus Gould basically said the club had to raid the club's piggy bank to keep him in our colours because he didn't want to leave.....how much that was I have no idea.

But the bloke (like all NRL players) didn't stay for peanuts.

It's speculated that managers often leak figures to manipulate the market.

The_Frog

First Grade
His minute to injury ratio looks a whole lot healthier then Tedesco's did in his early days.
Tedesco did his ACL in his first grade debut in 2012, then fractured his kneecap in 2014, both season ending injuries before he'd played 10 games. Since then he's been pretty durable. These are injuries that can happen to basically anyone, but hamstrings have a great tendency to recur (ACL's can too but in this case haven't).

Edit it was actually his 27th game when the second injury happened.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
I watch a lot of lower grade games and there were plenty of occasions that he came of the field injured or wasn't playing due to injury. I have been watching Charlie for years and loved seeing him in action as he is such a talent. Injury has always been a concern though because of his size and he gives all. Hopefully strength and conditioning can help him and of course as he matures hopefully his body will strengthen develop.

It is a concern when his teammates call him the Ferrari. In for 1 week out for 4. I too keep an eye on the juniors coming through. He has had a few repetitive leg problems that have me concerned.

I would have kept Mansour around next season to give him an incentive to take the spot off the Sauce. I don't prescribe to the theory the spot is yours. Let him work hard and earn it.

He needs a big off season to hopefully iron out the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts