What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I'll expand on why I'm not a fan of Roberts for us. Off field issues. Made is noted authoritarian coach. He wouldn't be my first choice for that type of coach. Madge isn;t going to change so we have to buy players with him in mind too. He's a known problem child with off field issues. The fact that he has to cut his price tag to under 200k (supposedly) for clubs to be interested says something.

Smart clubs rarely lose players unless its for huge money. Why would we want the problem chid of a club that did far better than we did this year.

He's good in space or with early ball, with our less than stellar halves and pack who will make this for him

Anyway If we sign him I hope he kills it but by dropping our skirt for any player with a profile we are just making ourselves look like amateurs.

Your a strong chance of getting Mansour .Penrith will be paying part of the first year of his contract

Cheers young mobster. We are always better placed for your interest.

The succulent irony of this weeks events my fellow panelists is that after after blowing a quarter of the cap on the chronically injured and footy inebriated, we are on the cusp of signing near or post marquee for the price of rookie.

And:
Tamou, Mansour, Laurie and Burton is a fair haul from a days out hunting expedition to the riff.

Last edited:
Hello all! I just discovered this site, it has been a great read! People are talking about 9 fingers and Burton coming to the Tigers. Is there any real hope? JAC’s sad ‘being away from the kids’ tale seems to have disappeared completely. Have the kids moved to Melbourne? Any talk of the Tigers chasing Allan?

For the students of the game ( including those in infants like me) this is a link to what I found to be a very informative article about the thoughts of our general manager Adam Hartigan regarding recruitment.

The learned will recall that Adam was in charge of the roosters recruitment and has a few notches under his belt on that front ( no, not kidding!)

We are a very different club with many more challenges,

The article includes insights as to Madges involvement in recruitment etc, this arrives later in the article. So chore through the personal shite to get to the good stuff:

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_...rl-premiership-winning-team-draft-free-league

I
don’t have it now, but Jason Taylor has written very good articles about the game and how it’s played in real time. I met Jason once and he was pretty friendly.

It’s funny how people are different in real life lol.

If we can’t watch games over the off season, we can indulge in trying to further our understanding of it, or what others understand of it.

Also I thought the girls origin was pretty willing this year. I almost think we should sign that qld fullback!

Quality kick off @Disillusioned Tiger.

Last edited:

ghoti

Bench
For the students of the game ( including those in infants like me) this is a link to what I found to be a very informative article about the thoughts of our general manager Adam Hartigan regarding recruitment.

The learned will recall that Adam was in charge of the roosters recruitment and has a few notches under his belt on that front ( no, not kidding!)

We are a very different club with many more challenges,

The article includes insights as to Madges involvement in recruitment etc, this arrives later in the article. So chore through the personal shite to get to the good stuff:

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_...rl-premiership-winning-team-draft-free-league

I
don’t have it now, but Jason Taylor has written very good articles about the game and how it’s played in real time. I met Jason once and he was pretty friendly.

It’s funny how people are different in real life lol.

If we can’t watch games over the off season, we can indulge in trying to further our understanding of it, or what others understand of it.

Also I thought the girls origin was pretty willing this year. I almost think we should sign that qld fullback!

Quality kick off @Disillusioned Tiger.

Enjoyed that article thanks for sharing it!

Haven't posted in the Wests forum cos I know a lot of the forums in here get a bit off about outside supporters chiming in...but I was a Magpies junior and fan until the merger so always take an interest in how Wests are going. Looking forward to watching the Tiges next year, feel like that squad balance is veeery close

Enjoyed that article thanks for sharing it!

Haven't posted in the Wests forum cos I know a lot of the forums in here get a bit off about outside supporters chiming in...but I was a Magpies junior and fan until the merger so always take an interest in how Wests are going. Looking forward to watching the Tiges next year, feel like that squad balance is veeery close

I get around the forums, I think we are pretty open minded and welcoming basically because every one is fiercely independent, there’s no party line or thought police.

We eat what we kill here, think for ourselves.

Everyone’s a soldier of fortune.

If you arrive with good intent, from wherever, you are welcome.

The odd troll turns up, people rush in for the brawl, except nutcases like @Rhyno I guess. He’s like a drunken on line wino, people ignore or laugh at.
He’s a small annoyance, that’s about it, live and let live.

Last edited:
Sam McIntyre allegedly off to the Titans

Which suggests to me that we are making arrangements to accommodate more immediate and tangible talent.

Id rather clear the books up now when we have bigger say and more options.

Good young player to be sure.

There might be a bit more in the Angus thing than anyone realises. I hope so, although he can clock off.

Just gotta keep on with our “player welfare policy.”

Not the ones playing for us of course!

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon that is a bad loss for us. I'd love to hear some good news. Atm we are missing out on players or having problems retaining them. 22 and just starting his career. I don't think he will ever be that good but it would have been good to keep him.

super_coach

First Grade
By the day our club is falling apart. Someone has to take ownership. Total basket case, we can’t attract quality players, we can’t keep what we have and we are talking to pensioners and damaged goods.

The spoon is coming

By the day our club is falling apart. Someone has to take ownership. Total basket case, we can’t attract quality players, we can’t keep what we have and we are talking to pensioners and damaged goods.

The spoon is coming
Agreed! Every year as yet another finals series disappears into the sunset (and an ongoing inability to attract or keep anyone with talent) we can always fall back on the fact we have never finished last. I have wondered just how long we can avoid it. I know it’s only November, but our team looks awful at this point.

Latest posts