What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Souths have had to let Roberts and others go.

Chooks well let's just get out that oversized hat those mexicans were. Storm will have money from Smith.....

Maybe their cap issues are delayed sightly who knows.

I think Souths are just freeing up money for JAC from 2021, he clearly didn’t want to go to the West’s Tigers.

It would appear the Roosters have won the race for the supposed young gun in Joseph Suaali so he would not have been cheap but given both Morris boys will retire at end of 2021 they obviously will find the money to fit him in even if he has to sit out a year.

Maybe it is just me, but I look at the rosters of many of our competitors and even allowing for the fact we had a great season I just don’t see how we can be in the supposed world of hurt while other sides seem to carry on with normal business.

I just don’t get it.

Blade23

Juniors
Blade
Just curious after seeing some dogs signings.What is the qualification to be classed as a devolopment player
Are there limits example age amount paid

It will probably change next year.
As it stands.
No age limits. They earn 60k.
It is usually reserved for young rookies. You don't usually see older players in there. No one wants wait half the year to play.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unsure why Mansour wouldn't of seen it coming. I reckon 90% of fans did.
Panthers have made room for Burton. Mansour,Tamou is 1 mill. They've let a few others guys also go but they wouldn't of been on a lot.
If get Whare of books would be ideal. But they'd need to cough up too much. He isn't wanted.

franklin2323

Immortal
Panthers have made room for Burton. Mansour,Tamou is 1 mill. They've let a few others guys also go but they wouldn't of been on a lot.
If get Whare of books would be ideal. But they'd need to cough up too much. He isn't wanted.

I have no doubt we can afford Burton. It is whether he will cop playing centre

Blade23

Juniors
Blade may be better placed than me to provide an opinion on the likes of the Stephen Crichton situation but it just seems to me we perhaps should have moved on the handshake deal to a signed sealed and delivered deal. I understand there were issues around his wanting to change managers but it may be it has potentially backfired on us and it doesn’t just impact on our retention of him but others as well. From my perspective the last thing we need is to get into any bidding war around Crichton. It is a cut throat business i know but in some respects it only adds to the loyalty shown by Mansour to our club during two previous contract negotiations. I am hoping the likes of Crichton and one or two others demonstrate a degree of loyalty in what is for the most part there first real contract with our club who have done a lot for them. Interesting few weeks ahead.

Should be sorted out very soon. Albeit at an increased price.

As I said on Wednesday.

The whole thing has been very disappointing. It was all wrapped up months ago, and the club in good faith expected it to be signed off on once the new manager came on board. A little naive in my opinion. Given the ethics of some of these managers. Still I do think the original offer is fair.

Girdler came out mid week with the comment that there would be some clubs prepared to offer him fullback money. That comment didn't go down well at the club. His new manager doesn't need another incentive!

The next few weeks there will be some good news on the horizon. Couple of other players are just about done.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's probably because we have guys in origin camp. I wouldn't be stressing.

After 51 years trust me I’m not stressing.

I think it is more about having enjoyed watching perhaps the most united playing group in our history it is somewhat sad and disappointing not to see them be able to go around for one more season, together as a team.

I think the club, the players, the supporters deserved us to be united as one in 2021 but sadly the salary cap does not allow for such sentiment and that is somewhat sad because we built our roster from within.

Other than but a few outside recruits this team was built on juniors within our own system or within our strategic pathways in the central west predominately.

After one highly successful season the team now has to be broken up a because of a system that is highly flawed and doesn’t recognise or reward junior pathways.

I understand the system, but don’t agree with it. The Roosters have apparently acquired the latest prodigee in Jospeh Suaali, poached from the Bunnies or Union who knows, but he also came thru our junior system albeit he left Glenmore Park Brumbies aged 13.

Again i re-iterate I’m not stressing but i am just over it.

The investments our club makes in junior development and pathways deserves better.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm sure if said 2yrs and any injuries your in line plus we have a great chance of winning a comp rather then going to a side who is trying to rebuild would be quite a good carrot.

Kilkenny

Coach

The issue is not about whether Josh Mansour saw it coming or not.

The bigger picture really isn’t about Josh Mansour.

It is about the fact we are a development club.

We invest millions, or did prior to Covid, in our junior pathways and in the central west of NSW.

We are being penalised for investing in the grass roots of the game, bringing our own thru the junior ranks only to see them potentially ‘stolen’ from us from clubs who spend but a fraction of our own investments on junior pathways.

If I remember correctly there was a game earlier this season where it was reported there was only but one or two players in our 17 who were either not local juniors or who did not come thru our junior systems. I remember at the time feeling so proud of such a significant achievement, but as it stands now all the talk is around one or more of our junior talents being poached by other clubs.

Josh Mansour was not a Penrith Junior, he played for the Bunnies and was unwanted. Gus Gould gave him an opportunity and I consider him to be a Penrith player regardless of his former status.

After exceeding all expectations in 2020 we are now faced with uncertainty going forward into 2021 and that it really really sad.

Our club deserved better, our fans deserved better and frankly the NRL deserved better because our group of players in 2020 really made the NRL a better competition.

Rant over.

Jane Murray

Bench

As I said on Wednesday.

The whole thing has been very disappointing. It was all wrapped up months ago, and the club in good faith expected it to be signed off on once the new manager came on board. A little naive in my opinion. Given the ethics of some of these managers. Still I do think the original offer is fair.

Girdler came out mid week with the comment that there would be some clubs prepared to offer him fullback money. That comment didn't go down well at the club. His new manager doesn't need another incentive!

The next few weeks there will be some good news on the horizon. Couple of other players are just about done.
Matt Burton?

Luke Bowden

First Grade

As I said on Wednesday.

I’m really sick of Ryan Girdler.

murraymob

Coach
After 51 years trust me I’m not stressing.

I think it is more about having enjoyed watching perhaps the most united playing group in our history it is somewhat sad and disappointing not to see them be able to go around for one more season, together as a team.

I think the club, the players, the supporters deserved us to be united as one in 2021 but sadly the salary cap does not allow for such sentiment and that is somewhat sad because we built our roster from within.

Other than but a few outside recruits this team was built on juniors within our own system or within our strategic pathways in the central west predominately.

After one highly successful season the team now has to be broken up a because of a system that is highly flawed and doesn’t recognise or reward junior pathways.

I understand the system, but don’t agree with it. The Roosters have apparently acquired the latest prodigee in Jospeh Suaali, poached from the Bunnies or Union who knows, but he also came thru our junior system albeit he left Glenmore Park Brumbies aged 13.

Again i re-iterate I’m not stressing but i am just over it.

The investments our club makes in junior development and pathways deserves better.
You and me have seen worse times.I wonder how many on here know how we got the nick name the penny panthers lol

Black Diamond

Juniors
The issue is not about whether Josh Mansour saw it coming or not.

The bigger picture really isn’t about Josh Mansour.

It is about the fact we are a development club.

We invest millions, or did prior to Covid, in our junior pathways and in the central west of NSW.

We are being penalised for investing in the grass roots of the game, bringing our own thru the junior ranks only to see them potentially ‘stolen’ from us from clubs who spend but a fraction of our own investments on junior pathways.

If I remember correctly there was a game earlier this season where it was reported there was only but one or two players in our 17 who were either not local juniors or who did not come thru our junior systems. I remember at the time feeling so proud of such a significant achievement, but as it stands now all the talk is around one or more of our junior talents being poached by other clubs.

Josh Mansour was not a Penrith Junior, he played for the Bunnies and was unwanted. Gus Gould gave him an opportunity and I consider him to be a Penrith player regardless of his former status.

After exceeding all expectations in 2020 we are now faced with uncertainty going forward into 2021 and that it really really sad.

Our club deserved better, our fans deserved better and frankly the NRL deserved better because our group of players in 2020 really made the NRL a better competition.

Rant over.
Wonderful rant, so very true, you are so right.

Status
Not open for further replies.