What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Obviously you have no idea of what is happening in southern area of Sydney in regards to rugby league and other rectangular sports if you think Kogarah is the best location.

The home of league in the south is in the Shire (based on participation numbers alone), hence it makes sense for the main stadium to be there from a pure RL perspective,

The Dragons future home is in Wollongong, not Kogarah, The old Dragons juniors will eventually come under the CSDJRL as they mostly play there now, hence put some money into Wollongong where the dragons would actually get some benefit from an upgrade.

Sydney FC play out of the SFS and are an anchor tenant there, nothing to do with this stadium so A league is not relevant, unless there was another new A-league team and they want that based in the shire to distance themselves from Sydney FC hence another reason for Shark Park upgrade.

Having the main southern stadium in a location (the Shire) where the largest participation of all the rectangular codes combined in Sydney resides, plus have attached an integrated COE for not just RL, not only makes commercial sense but is logical. As a result the game of rugby league would benefit more from an upgrade at Shark Park, the centre of league in the south of Sydney, than at Kogarah which is becoming more meaningless each year.

Besides its a building site already!

that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m not suggesting building it at any existing club ground, would never work for the other club, build it somewhere neutral with good transport infrastructure.

Wollongong can’t sustain a fulltime nrl club and dragons are never going to abandon Sydney so that’s just fanciful thinking.

franklin2323

Immortal
True, but they moved pretty fast to knock down SFS. Granted alot of that was politically motivated.

We might see the NRL demand progress in this new stadium plans by certain dates otherwise they take the GF elsewhere.

They will do a study into 4 locations. That will take a year or so. Then work out priority and possibly start one before the govt changes and the others aren't built.

yadamisha

Juniors
that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m not suggesting building it at any existing club ground, would never work for the other club, build it somewhere neutral with good transport infrastructure.

Wollongong can’t sustain a fulltime nrl club and dragons are never going to abandon Sydney so that’s just fanciful thinking.

Yet our suggesting/agreeing with building at the old St George Club Ground?! Best neutral location is Loftus on the train line for both with room to spare. But the 'Dragons' won't abandon Wollongong given their owner, so max six games at most at the white elephant.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yet our suggesting/agreeing with building at the old St George Club Ground?! Best neutral location is Loftus on the train line for both with room to spare. But the 'Dragons' won't abandon Wollongong given their owner, so max six games at most at the white elephant.

no I’m saying build it somewhere acceptable for both clubs so it can host at least 16 nrl games and be the new southern Sydney home for both clubs to grow their attendances and corporate box sales for the next 50 years. Both clubs have been in financial strife because they aren’t growing their attendances and sponsorships. A beaut new stadium would go a long way to fixing that long term for both of them.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
They will do a study into 4 locations. That will take a year or so. Then work out priority and possibly start one before the govt changes and the others aren't built.

I don't think the Government is changing anytime soon. By the time the next election rolls around the Libs will have a pretty impressive portfolio in NSW.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think the Government is changing anytime soon. By the time the next election rolls around the Libs will have a pretty impressive portfolio in NSW.

This is true but the way I took it to read was the plan was to drag out the rebuilds but having them one after the other. So it would be a 15 year process

Tiger Shark

Bench
This is true but the way I took it to read was the plan was to drag out the rebuilds but having them one after the other. So it would be a 15 year process

Yeah I can't seem them doing these concurrently, maybe one will kick off after one is done. Could very well be a 15 yr process.

I still think giving Shark Park, Brookvale and Panthers decent grants, then lesser grants to Leichhardt, WIN, Campbeltown and Kogarah because they only get half the games and then work out what is the best fit for the doggies - Liverpool or what ever is the way to go. Everyone gets upgraded stadiums, will cost less the budgeted 800m that was for ANZ rebuild.

I know I've missed some stadiums in there but you get my drift.

Saint Doc

Coach
Yeah I can't seem them doing these concurrently, maybe one will kick off after one is done. Could very well be a 15 yr process.

I still think giving Shark Park, Brookvale and Panthers decent grants, then lesser grants to Leichhardt, WIN, Campbeltown and Kogarah because they only get half the games and then work out what is the best fit for the doggies - Liverpool or what ever is the way to go. Everyone gets upgraded stadiums, will cost less the budgeted 800m that was for ANZ rebuild.

youre just putting lipstick on pigs. We need new stadiums in central locations near transport.

Jamberoo

Juniors

Going by the budget for SFS it will be built closer to a Melbourne spec than a cheapish build like Parra. Once the Dragons (and Souths) experience games there, they won’t want to play anywhere else. Five games each SFS & the Gong, with two games @ Kogarah, which has has more updates in the last 15 years than the other local stadiums. Wouldn’t spend another cent due to minimal use.
Reckon Souths will end up playing all games @ SFS.

yadamisha

Juniors
I didn’t realise it was school holidays already.

Probably because you either wag or have left school by end of yr 10. Just so you know it is not, few more weeks yet. Certainly a childish response on your part, though children do tend to tell it how it is, so what is your point!

unforgiven

Bench
Probably because you either wag or have left school by end of yr 10. Just so you know it is not, few more weeks yet. Certainly a childish response on your part, though children do tend to tell it how it is, so what is your point!

Because your post was the height of sophistication

Last edited:

Latest posts