What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we were better off keeping taka on our books. This guy is a total twat on and off the field.

Taka was in decline and never great at his peak.
Bryce at 130k is a steal. What is worse that happens? He plays NSW cup all season or a few mins off the bench. Guys like Alvaro and Terepo would be costing upwards of 180k amd filling that role.
If he gets his head right and a big off season then Bryce is capable of taking Lanes spot in the starting side.

Glenneel

Bench
NRL checks Cartwright's salary sacrifice
The NRL has asked Parramatta to hold off announcing the signing of Bryce Cartwright as the NRL Integrity Unit looks into a couple of things that raised concern.

The NRL has been doing its due diligence on Cartwright's exit from the Gold Coast, with the former Panthers backrower walking away from a $600,000 deal with the Titans for a $130,000 deal with the Eels.

There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing, however given the significant salary sacrifice, the NRL wants to make sure everything is above board before the Eels announce his deal.

4c00bc92175f9a0a34ca42770d8ee51b1c12fe32

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...dshake-deal-with-penrith-20201115-p56es5.html
Did the NRL do the same with $BWs? No. He on mega bucks at Wolfpack and $150k at Roosters. Wtf!!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon if join dots. His form was average and no contract. The coronavirus is running wild in Europe so no chance of a contract in UK.
His chances of 200-250k a year vs a 50-60k job lied on his form which was looking poor. And I doubt anyone takes him.
But MJ form turned around. He looked strong and fast again. He got 2yrs extension where his previous contract was a 1yr extension.
So if he did use a banned substance I reckon on his behalf it was worth the risk. Gets done he retires. Keeps playing with poor form he doesn't get a contract.........

For the kiddies at home reading this - using drugs for sport is never a OK idea.

IFR33K

Coach
Taka was in decline and never great at his peak.
Bryce at 130k is a steal. What is worse that happens? He plays NSW cup all season or a few mins off the bench. Guys like Alvaro and Terepo would be costing upwards of 180k amd filling that role.
If he gets his head right and a big off season then Bryce is capable of taking Lanes spot in the starting side.

We are replacing seasoned first graders with project players. Cartwright has probably thrown more balls over the sideline than bunji. We are filling our squad with players with decent potential and hoping for it to come off. We’ll fail to make an impact next year.

84 Baby

Referee
Did the NRL do the same with $BWs? No. He on mega bucks at Wolfpack and $150k at Roosters. Wtf!!!!!
I think you’ll find the difference is why would NRL investigate Toronto for potential cap breaches.
This isn’t a Folau situation

84 Baby

Referee
We are replacing seasoned first graders with project players. Cartwright has probably thrown more balls over the sideline than bunji. We are filling our squad with players with decent potential and hoping for it to come off. We’ll fail to make an impact next year.
*unless we get one of them easy draws.

hindy111

Post Whore

Your missing the point.
Alvaro offers cover for an injury. Bryce is capable of this also. But has potential to make a big difference to the squad also.
Along with Hipgrave there is potential. They will keep guys on toes I wouldn't be suprised if our bench featured both along with Papalli and Niakuore.

hindy111

Post Whore
The other thing is. BA and staff may think Kafusi,Hughes and Hollis will all be regulars in the top 17 come 2022 and doesn't want to commit long contracts and big dollars for the sacrifice of these kids. There is more planning involved then just your upcoming season and top 17 . And if you get it wrong you can take 5yrs to even compete for finals. Look at the Dogs and Tigers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Your missing the point.
Alvaro offers cover for an injury. Bryce is capable of this also. But has potential to make a big difference to the squad also.
Along with Hipgrave there is potential. They will keep guys on toes I wouldn't be suprised if our bench featured both along with Papalli and Niakuore.

and Roache (maybe Lussick) have the potential (if he gets over his injuries) to take the 14 jumper and offer some impact late in the game as a fresh dummy half, something we have lacked.