What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bledisloe Cup

Meth

Staff member
The All Blacks are a side that will punish you and once they get on top, they can pile on points. I really don't think Australia were as bad as some scorelines made them look. They are improving. They are better than they have been for some time.

Gruenen

Juniors
The All Blacks are a side that will punish you and once they get on top, they can pile on points. I really don't think Australia were as bad as some scorelines made them look. They are improving. They are better than they have been for some time.
I kinda agree, to be honest the AB's put on a woeful display of footy. Too many handling errors, lack of intensity when on attack, ill discipline at times, aimless kicking, unfortunately there wasn't that many positives. I guess the Coach was trying new combinations which I think will need some work. On the other hand, Aussies faired slightly better, they did however expose an AB defensive screen when on attack, but, failed to capitalise with a lack of support play.

shiznit

Coach
Holy smokes I didn’t even know they were playing until this evening... :joy::joy:

4 Bledisloes this year... bloody lucky we won last week! :flushed::flushed:

good on the Wallabies.

JJ

Immortal
Foster is just not up to it imo... if people actually look at his record they’d be astounded he got the job

shiznit

Coach
Foster is just not up to it imo... if people actually look at his record they’d be astounded he got the job
Mate.... I was astounded he got the gig as an assistant...

The irony is that Dave Rennie is the guy who came in after Foster and turned the Chiefs into a powerhouse.

Fozzy is average at best...

shiznit

Coach
The Argies just beat a full strength AB team tonight. I'm gobsmacked.

seriously? I saw the result but didn’t watch a lick of it last night... I just assumed it was a bunch of reserves they were giving a run before the end of the competition...

that shits embarrassing... SMH...

JJ

Immortal
seriously? I saw the result but didn’t watch a lick of it last night... I just assumed it was a bunch of reserves they were giving a run before the end of the competition...

A strong lineup... like the English got up and rattled them

pretty terrible...

blue bags

First Grade
The Argies just beat a full strength AB team tonight. I'm gobsmacked.

A strong lineup... like the English got up and rattled them

pretty terrible...
well you could say, congratz to the pumas. well done boys. nz better luck nezt time

Meth

Staff member
Yes. The Pumas were great. When they started, I wrote it off as the sort of typical fire that peters out after 30 mins or so. But they maintained it for 80 minutes. They bullied us all around the park. They were absolutely bloody ferocious in defense. They deserved that win, no question.

It sucks to lose and it sucks to lose to a team to whom you have never lost. But man, you cannot take that away from them and you can't help but feeling happy for them. What a moment.

shiznit

Coach
Yes. The Pumas were great. When they started, I wrote it off as the sort of typical fire that peters out after 30 mins or so. But they maintained it for 80 minutes. They bullied us all around the park. They were absolutely bloody ferocious in defense. They deserved that win, no question.

It sucks to lose and it sucks to lose to a team to whom you have never lost. But man, you cannot take that away from them and you can't help but feeling happy for them. What a moment.

I didn’t watch the game so i can’t get into game specifics... good on them.

They certainly deserve all the plaudits they are getting.

but what I will say is there’s no way we should have lost to them.

that was f**king disgraceful by the All Blacks... and they should seriously be ashamed of themselves.

And it’s not an arrogant take because it was Argentina...

I think the fact that our players have played super rugby, NPC and 4 tests already and their players have played nothing other than a couple of warm up games says not only did we have a talent advantage as we always do... Argentina was playing with one hand tied behind its back.

the All Blacks were also coming in at full strength... so they SHOULD have put 50 on them.

that’s not arrogance... that’s just honesty... considering how much everything was stacked against Argentina.

We have kids playing Mitre10 cup on the weekend who would crawl on broken glass to get a chance in that black jersey and just might be a better option than some of these guys.

It’s not a surprise though.... what about that idiot Fozzy has made anyone think he could handle this job...

the NZRFU won’t sack him this early... that would confirm what everyone already knew... they f**ked up the coaching search.

what I DO expect is they will bring in an experienced ‘assistant’ coach next season... maybe a Wayne Smith or a Robbie Deans, Joe Schmidt or maybe even Warren Gatland.

Meth

Staff member
I didn’t watch the game so i can’t get into game specifics... good on them.

They certainly deserve all the plaudits they are getting.

but what I will say is there’s no way we should have lost to them.

that was f**king disgraceful by the All Blacks... and they should seriously be ashamed of themselves.

And it’s not an arrogant take because it was Argentina...

I think the fact that our players have played super rugby, NPC and 4 tests already and their players have played nothing other than a couple of warm up games says not only did we have a talent advantage as we always do... Argentina was playing with one hand tied behind its back.

the All Blacks were also coming in at full strength... so they SHOULD have put 50 on them.

that’s not arrogance... that’s just honesty... considering how much everything was stacked against Argentina.

We have kids playing Mitre10 cup on the weekend who would crawl on broken glass to get a chance in that black jersey and just might be a better option than some of these guys.

It’s not a surprise though.... what about that idiot Fozzy has made anyone think he could handle this job...

the NZRFU won’t sack him this early... that would confirm what everyone already knew... they f**ked up the coaching search.

what I DO expect is they will bring in an experienced ‘assistant’ coach next season... maybe a Wayne Smith or a Robbie Deans, Joe Schmidt or maybe even Warren Gatland.

Yeah, the Argentinians were massive and didn't give them a sniff. BUT we were poor, no question. Not good enough. Something isn't clicking. I don't think Foster is the guy

JJ

Immortal
Foster is a good assistant... the Kearney of union

can’t believe they appointed him, aside from Eddie Jones all the best coaches are kiwis.... Schmidt, Rennie, Hansen,Gatland, Robertson etc etc... and they end up with/choose Foster... surreal

shiznit

Coach
Foster is a good assistant... the Kearney of union

can’t believe they appointed him, aside from Eddie Jones all the best coaches are kiwis.... Schmidt, Rennie, Hansen,Gatland, Robertson etc etc... and they end up with/choose Foster... surreal

it’s funny... I’ll tell you who I’d bring in to the All Blacks fray... as a forwards coach hopefully with an eye to take over...

it would cause an outrage in oz though... which might make it more appealing TBH... :joy::joy:

Brad Thorn... I’m pretty impressed with what I’ve seen out of the Reds.

maybe not damage him with Fozzy’s lot... but I wouldn’t mind bringing him into the All Blacks fold.

Meth

Staff member
I thought the ref was right, tbh. Foley tried to play with fire and got burnt.

Latest posts