What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Snoochies

First Grade
For what its worth and take it with a grain of salt. I have a powerlifting coach who competes under Powerlifting Australia (drug free), anyway was told to stay away from supplements as (in his words) all supplements trace back to bikies who will discard batches of their drugs through the supplements hence we get athletes going WTF when they get caught. I don't know if there is any truth in it, I'm not about to go and approach some bikie to find out and I still take supplements because I won't be competing in any pro sport any time soon.

Delboy

First Grade
All the posters stating that any signings made are gash, just who is available and would sit under the cap for us. The players that were signed by the Tits , we’re mostly returning to where their parents live or they attended school. Dogs have splashed the cash, not sure their signings would be useful at the price paid. Warriors signed Kevans and the like - Tigpies , Dragons, Sharks etc al are still to sign anyone even at the level of our signings.

Im no fan of ONeil, but so far it’s players being signed for the spots 20-30, and giving development players a shot that most cry out for, not seeing reggies or juniors means it’s more difficult, but would think most posters don’t attend the lower grades anyway. The issue with Mennings has to play out which makes a centre signing more problematic, that looks like the most obvious position to fill.

if no one noticed, we finished 3rd, have the team signed for 2021 and some new and young players prepared to push for opportunity, the Riff benefited from that this year, whose to say that a younger player jumps out , like Crichton and others, that’s the nature of opportunity. Crichton only got a spot when Whare got hurt, that’s what makes predictions in November a real crap shoot.

Gronk

Staff member
All the posters stating that any signings made are gash, just who is available and would sit under the cap for us. The players that were signed by the Tits , we’re mostly returning to where their parents live or they attended school. Dogs have splashed the cash, not sure their signings would be useful at the price paid. Warriors signed Kevans and the like - Tigpies , Dragons, Sharks etc al are still to sign anyone even at the level of our signings.

Im no fan of ONeil, but so far it’s players being signed for the spots 20-30, and giving development players a shot that most cry out for, not seeing reggies or juniors means it’s more difficult, but would think most posters don’t attend the lower grades anyway. The issue with Mennings has to play out which makes a centre signing more problematic, that looks like the most obvious position to fill.

if no one noticed, we finished 3rd, have the team signed for 2021 and some new and young players prepared to push for opportunity, the Riff benefited from that this year, whose to say that a younger player jumps out , like Crichton and others, that’s the nature of opportunity. Crichton only got a spot when Whare got hurt, that’s what makes predictions in November a real crap shoot.

Agree merkin. Also scores of posters on here were sledging our bench + backups and how shit it has been and will continue to be.

Seems that we'll need to warehouse origin players and play them in Eels reggies before the masses are happy.

Delboy

First Grade
The wolfpack withdrew from SL. and encouraged players to take up positions else where in the interim. Nothing at all like Cartright's situations
Heres a point, It’s nothing to see here when players like Tedesco turn down $1 million pa to then sign for the Rooters for $700k for the opportunity. Plenty of other instances , yes they still get good cash, but often more than $100k or more below other offers, and the NRL put up the white flag as they don’t want to inconvenience Uncle Nick, good luck in a sense , but no need to play the victim as few outside Bondi believe it :thinking:

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
For what its worth and take it with a grain of salt. I have a powerlifting coach who competes under Powerlifting Australia (drug free), anyway was told to stay away from supplements as (in his words) all supplements trace back to bikies who will discard batches of their drugs through the supplements hence we get athletes going WTF when they get caught. I don't know if there is any truth in it, I'm not about to go and approach some bikie to find out and I still take supplements because I won't be competing in any pro sport any time soon.

I manage an athlete who’s twice failed. The second time was through a supplement bought over the counter. I’ve spoken to loads of people in the field of sports anti doping and they all say the same thing - stay away from supps unless they’re WADA approved. I don’t know the ins and out of Jenko’s case but I pretty much guarantee it’ll due to supplements.

A lot of it apparently comes from cleaning processes not being up to scratch. They finish one bunch of supplements and there is cross contamination into the next batch. Meaning trace elements of banned substances turn up.

Noise

Coach
I manage an athlete who’s twice failed. The second time was through a supplement bought over the counter. I’ve spoken to loads of people in the field of sports anti doping and they all say the same thing - stay away from supps unless they’re WADA approved. I don’t know the ins and out of Jenko’s case but I pretty much guarantee it’ll due to supplements.

A lot of it apparently comes from cleaning processes not being up to scratch. They finish one bunch of supplements and there is cross contamination into the next batch. Meaning trace elements of banned substances turn up.
Yep supplement for sure. Care to share how your athlete failed the first time?

strider

Post Whore
when has a player's B sample ever not matched their A sample ?

time to move on from Jenko I reckon
Dont know if we can .... if jennings wants to challenge it where does it leave our salary cap? .... and if he says he didnt knowingly take it i assume it focuses on the club somehow???

Gronk

Staff member
Dont know if we can .... if jennings wants to challenge it where does it leave our salary cap? .... and if he says he didnt knowingly take it i assume it focuses on the club somehow???

Yes and no - Bronson Xerri (who was caught just when NRL resumed)

26 October, 2020

Bronson Xerri’s appearance before an NRL anti-doping tribunal has been delayed after the Cronulla centre requested more time to prepare his case.

Xerri was scheduled to front the tribunal on Tuesday, but has been granted an extension by the NRL as he fights to save his career.

The Sharks star was provisionally suspended on May 26 after returning a positive result for several performance-enhancing substances, including testosterone.

He opted to have his B sample tested and then challenge the severity of his sanctions at an anti-doping panel, to be chaired by the former High Court judge Ian Callinan

That hearing was due to take place on Tuesday but it is understood Xerri’s legal team requested more time to prepare his defence and it was subsequently granted.

As well as testosterone, three other substances were found in Xerri’s system including androsterone, etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol – all of which are prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency and the NRL’s anti-doping policy.

The delay in his hearing means that Cronulla will be forced to continue paying the 20-year-old, although they are expected to be granted backdated salary cap dispensation when a final verdict is handed down.

That decision will now arrive next month. Xerri was recovering from shoulder surgery when he was subjected to a drug test in November last year and there is a school of thought that he will argue he took the banned substance out of naivety, with no desire to cheat.

The decision will ultimately rest in the hands of the tribunal, although Sports Integrity Australia and the World Anti-Doping Agency reserve the right to appeal any verdict if they believe it too lenient.

The anti-doping tribunal is expected to hand down a verdict in the James Segeyaro case at some point next month as well, the former Sharks hooker having argued that he ingested banned substance ligandrol inadvertently via a blender.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/9b42f53d9e84ed1b820dd6d30915a574

tri_colours

Juniors
Heres a point, It’s nothing to see here when players like Tedesco turn down $1 million pa to then sign for the Rooters for $700k for the opportunity. Plenty of other instances , yes they still get good cash, but often more than $100k or more below other offers, and the NRL put up the white flag as they don’t want to inconvenience Uncle Nick, good luck in a sense , but no need to play the victim as few outside Bondi believe it :thinking:

A very well managed club. Jealous?

If a player is very happy were he is. Played in Grand Finals/ numerous finals also played in quiet a few rep games - or has a much greater chance of .

What bonuses would you pick up at the Tigers?

Isn't Tedesco already on $1m ?

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Your missing the point.
Alvaro offers cover for an injury. Bryce is capable of this also. But has potential to make a big difference to the squad also.
Along with Hipgrave there is potential. They will keep guys on toes I wouldn't be suprised if our bench featured both along with Papalli and Niakuore.

You’re basing a lot of expectations around potential. Bryce is an overrated has been, that thinks he can ball play. Plus he can’t defend.

84 Baby

Referee
Hard to admit I was right? I even said we’ll go out in straight sets, and got laughed at then too.

Can’t help being a realist.
Show your working then. What about the draw was easy? What difference did it make?

And no one was laughing at you when you said anything. They were calling you out for death riding them to go out in straight sets. For you, a straight sets exit is more enjoyable than a premiership. Happy to be proven wrong but.

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
NRL checks Cartwright's salary sacrifice
The NRL has asked Parramatta to hold off announcing the signing of Bryce Cartwright as the NRL Integrity Unit looks into a couple of things that raised concern.

The NRL has been doing its due diligence on Cartwright's exit from the Gold Coast, with the former Panthers backrower walking away from a $600,000 deal with the Titans for a $130,000 deal with the Eels.

There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing, however given the significant salary sacrifice, the NRL wants to make sure everything is above board before the Eels announce his deal.

4c00bc92175f9a0a34ca42770d8ee51b1c12fe32

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...dshake-deal-with-penrith-20201115-p56es5.html

haha well now i'm in a dilemma. Don't want the clown but the NRL continue to treat us suspiciously opposed to other cheats. I almost want the nrl to win on this one so we can't sign him. either way, f**k the nrl, is shooey being contracted at the moment?

Latest posts