What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Agree too many outsiders, Bennett doesn’t appear to call in too many.

In regards to Roy Masters he has many times confessed that his approach did NOT work at Saints! He had to adjust it according to the different playing group at the Dragons. Now that’s clever coaching. Many modern day coaches appear to have one approach only and when that fails...whats next?

McFlop had one approach...hope the other team doesn’t score off kicks because they don’t count.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dragons and Tigers targeting highly-rated Shark Billy Magoulias
The forward could be lured by a two-year deal :eyes:
GettyImages-1131554024-696x593.jpg

The St George Illawarra Dragons are targeting highly-rated Shark Billy Magoulias, reports The Daily Telegraph.

The forward struggled for first-grade opportunities in John Morris’ side in 2020, playing just three NRL games.

upload_2020-11-12_16-37-11.gif
Off-contract at the end of 2021, the Wests Tigers are also reportedly interested in the 23-year old.

Cronulla granted Magoulias permission to talk to rival clubs in July despite still having another year to run on his contract.

The Dragons wants Magoulias in the Red V in 2021 despite an understanding that he could be prepared to stay at the Sharks and work hard to crack into their first-choice side.

The Dragons are hopeful that the lure of a two-year deal and more regular NRL opportunities will be enough to convince him to make the move, with new coach Anthony Griffin seeing value in his flexibility to play multiple positions

Maddragon99

Juniors
Exactly.

Someone like Norman knows he is facing the season of his life.

Imo, Norman will start the 2021 pre-season at the Dragons, where he finishes the season at is another question.
I think he would jump at any opportunity that came his way if it extended his playing career a year or 2 more.
The Knights, for example, probably need a half pretty urgently as their recruit from the Cows just put a hold on signing with them.

Canterbury need a 5/8 after the Blake Green deal fell through. I’ve been hopeful we could negotiate a deal to absorb most of his 2021 salary if Canterbury offer a 2yr deal. Wishful thinking maybe.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
FCD,
I have learnt to make the most of those ups to last the droughts Im hoping Griffin can get us back to more up s than down
I’ve had one real up in my life in 2010, along with a few pretty big ups followed by a devastating down in the many gf losses we’ve had. Hopefully I get to see at least a prelim in the next 5 years.

Latest posts