What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Yep supplement for sure. Care to share how your athlete failed the first time?

Yes no problem. Either through contaminated meat or something more sinister. He’s a boxer, former Eels junior. Fight happened in Chechnya. Had a blood and urine random test on the Monday before the fight - completely clear. Tested positive to trace elements of clenbuterol after the contest.

We paid for independent testing with UCLA on his hair follicles. They said without doubt there was no clenbuterol in his system prior to arriving over there.

Then you go and watch that Icarus documentary on Netflix and know nearly anything is possible...

TheRam

Coach
Maybe some of our players could do with this bloke in their ear, especially Moses and W. Blake.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/so...s-cross-code-commentator-20201114-p56ems.html

'Whisperer' powers Origin's leading lights

The ‘‘football whisperer’’, Joe Wehbe, is one of the more mysterious figures in the NRL, but his methods seem to be doing the trick if Wednesday’s Origin clash is anything to go by.

Wehbe works very closely with NSW captain James Tedesco (above) and Queensland skipper Daly Cherry-Evans. The fact he has a close relationship with the two captains is quite the compliment for Wehbe.

‘‘I speak to Joe every day,’’ Tedesco said. ‘‘The position I’m in today as captain is a massive tribute to him. I am always in touch with him about the mental side of things. Leadership is a big part of that. He gets my mind clear on how I need to act and how I need to communicate with the boys. I listen to everything he says and take it on board.

‘‘The main things that Joe tells me if I am communicating with the boys is to make sure it is from the heart. That’s what gets the best response and that can generate a lot of passion.’’

As for helping out DCE — which in turn helps Queensland — Tedesco said: ‘‘He has been doing a great job with Daly. Look at the leader he has become. Look how he went in Adelaide. I don’t think it’s him having to pick a side. He is working with a person not a team and it’s personal advice.’’
Cherry-Evans is a more recent Wehbe convert, but he swears by his teachings.

‘‘Joe gives me an edge for sure,’’ Cherry-Evans said. ‘‘He gives me a clarity and for me he helps me learn about who I am and what I am good at. With COVID and bubbles it’s been hard to see him face to face, but I get a lot out of our phone conversations. He makes a difference for me. It’s pretty crazy to think he works as closely as he does with the two Origin captains.’’

Maybe some of our players could do with this bloke in their ear, especially Moses and W. Blake.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/so...s-cross-code-commentator-20201114-p56ems.html

The ‘‘football whisperer’’, Joe Wehbe, is one of the more mysterious figures in the NRL, but his methods seem to be doing the trick if Wednesday’s Origin clash is anything to go by.

Wehbe works very closely with NSW captain James Tedesco (above) and Queensland skipper Daly Cherry-Evans. The fact he has a close relationship with the two captains is quite the compliment for Wehbe.

‘‘I speak to Joe every day,’’ Tedesco said. ‘‘The position I’m in today as captain is a massive tribute to him. I am always in touch with him about the mental side of things. Leadership is a big part of that. He gets my mind clear on how I need to act and how I need to communicate with the boys. I listen to everything he says and take it on board.

‘‘The main things that Joe tells me if I am communicating with the boys is to make sure it is from the heart. That’s what gets the best response and that can generate a lot of passion.’’

As for helping out DCE — which in turn helps Queensland — Tedesco said: ‘‘He has been doing a great job with Daly. Look at the leader he has become. Look how he went in Adelaide. I don’t think it’s him having to pick a side. He is working with a person not a team and it’s personal advice.’’

‘‘Joe gives me an edge for sure,’’ Cherry-Evans said. ‘‘He gives me a clarity and for me he helps me learn about who I am and what I am good at. With COVID and bubbles it’s been hard to see him face to face, but I get a lot out of our phone conversations. He makes a difference for me. It’s pretty crazy to think he works as closely as he does with the two Origin captains.’’
I think Moses was and possibly still is working with him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The wolfpack withdrew from SL. and encouraged players to take up positions else where in the interim. Nothing at all like Cartright's situations
Settle down Gilligan, it was a joke little buddy.

It’s always amusing how touchy Rorters fans get when someone mentions their Sombrero whoops I mean’t cap.

lingard

Coach
If Addo-Carr's linebreaks led to tries, he would have try assists tallied to his name.

His try assist, and linebreak assist, tallies weren't much far ahead of Sivo's.

Addo-Carr is faster than Sivo, but Sivo is far stronger.

Addo-Carr is a better winger than Sivo, but the margin is nowhere near as big as some would claim it to be.

The statistics - despite people wanting to denigrate them, for some inexplicable reason - show that both players perform quite similarly, and yet Addo-Carr wants to demand close to $1 million a season...

We'll just have to agree to disagree, mate.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...moses-feud-at-parramatta-20200621-p554q8.html

TheRam

Coach
There are a huge number of people taking steroids at gyms for no finacial gain or sporting reasons. Just to look big.
I'm not promoting drugs but I could understand why he may of taken the risk for financial gain.

I also think that if an NRL player has an injury it should be allowed to give that player a course of legal steroids or any other legal drug just for the time/amount it takes to get over that injury. If it is a legal medical drug that can help resolve a patients injuries, then it should not be withheld from that person no matter what his profession.

But hey, that is just my thoughts on the matter.

IFR33K

Coach
Show your working then. What about the draw was easy? What difference did it make?

And no one was laughing at you when you said anything. They were calling you out for death riding them to go out in straight sets. For you, a straight sets exit is more enjoyable than a premiership. Happy to be proven wrong but.

Some eels fans are just wired incorrectly, I can’t be held to blame for that too, can I? Sometimes people will come along with a differing opinion to yourself, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are wrong. You’ve mentioned our ‘easy draw’ several times now, attempting to mock me, I’m not sure. Many eels fans here admitted the panthers had the easiest draw, and probably so. Does that mean the eels didn’t have a favourable draw? 3 or so years ago the ram mentioned us signing Shaun lane, and he got laughed at. As soon as lane played two decent games for us, the same fans that laughed at the Ram, are now singing the praises of the coaching staff and saying what a great signing. Hindy mentioned signing Cartwright about 12 months ago and the same thing. Now we are close to signing him, ‘it may be the signing we need’. Lol. As for death rider, yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the reaming we got.

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah you predicted we'd lose to Melbourne and then have half our backline missing against Souths. Genius.

Did you predict we'd put 50+ on the Broncos last year as well? I bet you were death riding us then too.

Yeah I’m such a genius I even knew we’d play Melbourne and south’s back in July or whenever it was that I said it. In fact when I go to bank west I wear the opposition’s colours in case the eels are losing and I start supporting them.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

Did Weidler declare that as an ad for a mate? He barely even tries to hide it these days.

Noise

Coach
Yes no problem. Either through contaminated meat or something more sinister. He’s a boxer, former Eels junior. Fight happened in Chechnya. Had a blood and urine random test on the Monday before the fight - completely clear. Tested positive to trace elements of clenbuterol after the contest.

We paid for independent testing with UCLA on his hair follicles. They said without doubt there was no clenbuterol in his system prior to arriving over there.

Then you go and watch that Icarus documentary on Netflix and know nearly anything is possible...
Cheers mate. Sounds like something dodgy going on over there. I’ve seen Icarus and wouldn’t put anything past them.

84 Baby

Referee
Some eels fans are just wired incorrectly, I can’t be held to blame for that too, can I? Sometimes people will come along with a differing opinion to yourself, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are wrong. You’ve mentioned our ‘easy draw’ several times now, attempting to mock me, I’m not sure. Many eels fans here admitted the panthers had the easiest draw, and probably so. Does that mean the eels didn’t have a favourable draw? 3 or so years ago the ram mentioned us signing Shaun lane, and he got laughed at. As soon as lane played two decent games for us, the same fans that laughed at the Ram, are now singing the praises of the coaching staff and saying what a great signing. Hindy mentioned signing Cartwright about 12 months ago and the same thing. Now we are close to signing him, ‘it may be the signing we need’. Lol. As for death rider, yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the reaming we got.
So no workings out on what constituted our easy draw and how it made a difference?
You can have a polar opposite opinion to me, but unless you can come up with something to back your opinion, I’ll have to continue to believe it’s unfounded.

And how’d Lane work out this year? Everyone continuing to sing his praises?
Or is it BAs fault for him not being as good as last year?

And you’re also saying that you’re for the Cartwright signing because hindy thinks he’d be good?

84 Baby

Referee
I also think that if an NRL player has an injury it should be allowed to give that player a course of legal steroids or any other legal drug just for the time/amount it takes to get over that injury. If it is a legal medical drug that can help resolve a patients injuries, then it should not be withheld from that person no matter what his profession.

Some sports do or did for certain steroids. Bit of a can of worms though in terms of what injuries are acceptable, when they can return, what type of steroids allowed, etc.
Ultimately though the ones that help repair injuries aren’t necessarily the ones that give you mad rigs

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Cheers mate. Sounds like something dodgy going on over there. I’ve seen Icarus and wouldn’t put anything past them.
And if you know anything about Clen, you don’t cycle it for a few days before a contest. The opponent before us tested positive for a drug that treats brest cancer. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions haha.

Snoochies

First Grade

Like Jarrod Mullen? Think that is what he was trying to do.

Hmmm. Can't see how that would be abused in about three seconds.