What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think the Roosters are over the cap. They let Latrell go and Tetevano along with Cronk.
Where they're rorting the system is how they're able to pick the eyes out of the best under 18s in Australia and New Zealand. Kids that never played in their junior comp or Harold Matts team are suddenly desperate to sign up for SG Ball and Flegg? Something dirty is going on.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I’m such a genius I even knew we’d play Melbourne and south’s back in July or whenever it was that I said it. In fact when I go to bank west I wear the opposition’s colours in case the eels are losing and I start supporting them.
How early did you tip us to go out in straight sets in 2019?

hindy111

Post Whore
Some eels fans are just wired incorrectly, I can’t be held to blame for that too, can I? Sometimes people will come along with a differing opinion to yourself, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are wrong. You’ve mentioned our ‘easy draw’ several times now, attempting to mock me, I’m not sure. Many eels fans here admitted the panthers had the easiest draw, and probably so. Does that mean the eels didn’t have a favourable draw? 3 or so years ago the ram mentioned us signing Shaun lane, and he got laughed at. As soon as lane played two decent games for us, the same fans that laughed at the Ram, are now singing the praises of the coaching staff and saying what a great signing. Hindy mentioned signing Cartwright about 12 months ago and the same thing. Now we are close to signing him, ‘it may be the signing we need’. Lol. As for death rider, yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the reaming we got.

I've said this before. If me and Ram where putting our squad together it would be not when but how many premierships.

IFR33K

Coach
How early did you tip us to go out in straight sets in 2019?

Yay still banging on about our record win against a woeful Broncos outfit. What an achievement. I’ve claimed BA won’t win sweet f%^k all at the eels, and I’m not changing my opinion. If it were up to you, SK would still be here, on a multi year deal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yay still banging on about our record win against a woeful Broncos outfit. What an achievement. I’ve claimed BA won’t win sweet f%^k all at the eels, and I’m not changing my opinion. If it were up to you, SK would still be here, on a multi year deal
Ricky Stuart too. It's easy to win a premiership at the Roosters. Easier to win spoons at Parra. Not all clubs have the same advantages.

Our finals results show that when you play worse teams you're likely to win and when you play better teams you're likely to lose. Should be obvious to anyone who's been watching footy for a while but you still act like it's something that requires a scapegoat.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So no workings out on what constituted our easy draw and how it made a difference?
You can have a polar opposite opinion to me, but unless you can come up with something to back your opinion, I’ll have to continue to believe it’s unfounded.

And how’d Lane work out this year? Everyone continuing to sing his praises?
Or is it BAs fault for him not being as good as last year?

And you’re also saying that you’re for the Cartwright signing because hindy thinks he’d be good?

If memory serves me correct, the media narrative was that we had an easy draw because there was set to be X number of games played at Parra stadium. I think it was NRL.com who did a strength of schedule prior to round 3 based on the ladder standings at the time, we sat about mid table for how hard our upcoming draw was, sharks had the easiest. And as it turned out, according to the daily telegraph, the panthers ended up travelling the least, I think they only ended up having 1 interstate game all year.

84 Baby

Referee
If memory serves me correct, the media narrative was that we had an easy draw because there was set to be X number of games played at Parra stadium. I think it was NRL.com who did a strength of schedule prior to round 3 based on the ladder standings at the time, we sat about mid table for how hard our upcoming draw was, sharks had the easiest. And as it turned out, according to the daily telegraph, the panthers ended up travelling the least, I think they only ended up having 1 interstate game all year.
And in the end a team who played 2 games in their home state all season shot the easy draw narrative out of the water. Unless we’re going to say the other 14 teams also failed with their easy draws

Delboy

First Grade
Where they're rorting the system is how they're able to pick the eyes out of the best under 18s in Australia and New Zealand. Kids that never played in their junior comp or Harold Matts team are suddenly desperate to sign up for SG Ball and Flegg? Something dirty is going on.
They are currently out there at the moment enticing players from Parra and Penrith juniors with the talk that they will make them NRL players better than other clubs. They have said that to a couple of decent players, they are not being recruited for the starting side just to fill out the bench, and will then compete against the NZ boys they bring over next year. It’s all smoke and mirrors there , having said that they have DA selling the spiel to the parents , no surprise.

Soto

Bench
Snippet on DT about Fergo and Mansour

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/0c61dc5250acf8a8fe0ca2acc3199c88

While Mansour is on the lookout for a new club after being told by Penrith he was no longer wanted, Ferguson has a year to run on his contract at the Eels and Ayoub said he was going nowhere.

“That has never been a discussion. I am his manager, no one has pushed it to me,” Ayoub said about Ferguson.

“As for Parramatta having interest in Josh Mansour, that has never been a discussion.

“I met with them a week and a half ago about a raft of issues at Parramatta. Not once was there a discussion around pushing Blake.

“In actual fact, can I tell you what was said to me: ‘We are looking forward to Blake (playing in 2021). We know it is a year he is coming off contract. He will want to have a good year and we are looking forward to that’. That is exactly what was said to me.”

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith had a sensational year. But they have problems. They may have a good crack next year but then it may be a partial build. To many of their guys are going to think they are worth more then they are.

Our build is more sustainable. We aren't paying guys to play elsewhere and we aren't paying anyone to far overs.
It means we can balance things easier.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel we are in a great position for maybe 4yrs. It doesn't mean we will win a comp. Every year there is probably 6 clubs with a legit chance. And 2 or 3 who could be surprises.
Did anyone expect Penrith to do what they did this season? I thought with Maloney gone they could be bottom 4. I wasn't sold on Cleary. I reckon they would of been outside the top 8 in betting.

Avenger

Immortal
I feel we are in a great position for maybe 4yrs. It doesn't mean we will win a comp. Every year there is probably 6 clubs with a legit chance. And 2 or 3 who could be surprises.

Give me this scenario any day compared to the one when we were out by July. This is very similar to the early Brian Smith years where we were always competitive and had a real shot of winning the comp.

Latest posts