What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I think Mansour should of been shown some respect in the way he was treated at Penrith, having provided them with years of loyal service ,but I don’t think he is someone we need at our club as his better days are behind him.

I think Mansour should of been shown some respect in the way he was treated at Penrith, having provided them with years of loyal service ,but I don’t think he is someone we need at our club as his better days are behind him.

He has a red hot go and that’s more than a lot of our guys have been doing in our back line.

A lot of people I know in the real world think he’s still on the hop.

Penrith treated him like shite. 8 years of service, full rep honours and he’s dropped for a lad with less than 2 games of nrl under his belt against dingbats. They are kidding.

He wouldn’t have been in the gf if they thought he wasn’t one of their best and that was a historic, real deal side who despite preparation akin to a spell on death row, almost jagged a draw.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Don't kid yourself. Any club taking
an old, slow, broken winger like Mansour off your hands would be doing Penrith a favour. The only way you will get any club to take him is to pay the bulk of his contract.

Interesting thoughts......There is a chance then that Mansour could stay at Penrith for the rest of his contract.

Fascinating days.....

If he was such a pussy, why are his stats way better than our players?

If it makes us flaccid to consider a riff reject, we need some perspective.

Our backline is a bit of a wasteland out there and Josh is the kind of player we need to shore it up.

2020, compare with our best player:?

Line breaks 21. Better than nofo
Tackle breaks: 69-
Tries 12
Tackling 80%- better than nofo
Meters 4000 plus - much better than nofo

Played more games than our beloved hero, obviously fighting fit and ready. Selected above a number of young grunts to play in the ultimate club game in the world.

Plus the riff will cough up some dough to lighten our load.

But at the end of the day, old mate has a f**king dig. Not on a locker room strike like half our side, at least the shop steward has been axed.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He has a red hot go and that’s more than a lot of our guys have been doing in our back line.

A lot of people I know in the real world think he’s still on the hop.

Penrith treated him like shite. 8 years of service, full rep honours and he’s dropped for a lad with less than 2 games of nrl under his belt against dingbats. They are kidding.

He wouldn’t have been in the gf if they thought he wasn’t one of their best and that was a historic, real deal side who despite preparation akin to a spell on death row, almost jagged a draw.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Our backline is a bit of a wasteland out there and Josh is the kind of player we need to shore it up.

Tries 12

Played more games, obviously fit and ready.

But at the end of the day, old mate has a f**king dig. Not on strike like half our side, at least the shop steward has been axed.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
@Aliceinwonderland stop trolling our forum you psychopathic tormented bullshitting idiot.

Grab your f**king sauce, pour it over your head you sick stalking obnoxious flog.

Demented disaster from Glendenning or whatever suburb you desecrate you bullying boofhead

You bullied me off panthers lu so don’t expect a welcome here you whinging whining warthog.

I'm sorry. I don't believe I'm bullying. I was posing a question.

PS I don't live in Glendenning.....although at one stage of my career I almost took a job there.

I'm sorry. I don't believe I'm bullying. I was posing a question.

PS I don't live in Glendenning.....although at one stage of my career I almost took a job there.

Well some of your forum mates think you are a deleted I’m happy to repost it here if you want.

You’re the type of person who deletes lu.

You shouldn’t ask a question, because your stinking lousy agenda is to delete people. I’m not the only person who thinks this.

Find another forum to hate people on. We have enough hate for our side already, not to mention for your lying incompetent coach.

Now I’ve f**ked off out of panthers lu as you and Jane demanded via your cyber bullying, just return the favour....Delete

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
We came 11th last year, we have been out of the finals for a decade, the whole team should have a rocket up them and looking over there shoulder.
What they are producing on the field is simply not good enough, they all need to be playing like it is there contract year, every year.
Agreed. They should all be on notice, especially those who have been with the club 3+ years.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Are the juniors coming through our system actually WT's supporters? I feel like WT fans have more love and passion for the club than the actual players (besides Nofa)

murraymob

Coach
Are the juniors coming through our system actually WT's supporters? I feel like WT fans have more love and passion for the club than the actual players (besides Nofa)
Loyalty has been gone for a decade at least
.Young kids grab greedy managers early it about the money.
Clubs praise the player till they need cap space then throw them out the door
The only loyalty is the fans who turn up every week buy the merchandise

ghoti

Bench

Tries 12

Played more games than our beloved hero, obviously fighting fit and ready. Selected above a number of young grunts to play in the ultimate club game in the world.

But at the end of the day, old mate has a f**king dig. Not on a locker room strike like half our side, at least the shop steward has been axed.

Easy to focus on Mansour being old and not that flashy, but he finishes strong, is as good as anyone backing up from a kick return, steels the left side defence and can be trusted to do his job... If you were asked to choose between Jennings and Mansour to start 2019 you'd probably make the plunge on the old fella. I reckon he'll be huge for ya's if he signs.. one year with Penrith carrying a few hundred K is a steal

He’s a quality player, he will arrive at a fair discount and give us selection options in other positions.

People can sometimes miss the utility of proposed players in terms of the opportunity to move other existing players to different positions

So if say nofo is rated 85 the wing and bj at 70, you could play Josh at 80 on the wing and nofo at 80 and still extract a benefit outvwide.

Or:

I don’t think we have a card carrying registered fullback at the moment and a sound player out wide allows us to free up another back to try out.

Dougie is as fly as fly can be and in my view we need him in the backline shopfront with Brooksy serving the line, kicking and accelerating.

If things are as disastrous and some of the panel here portray, we need to loosen up the side not send the same team out for the ritual slaughter.

2021 will a year of experimenting as good juniors and elites start pouring into the market.

Depth wins comps.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He’s a quality player, he will arrive at a fair discount and give us selection options in other positions.

People can sometimes miss the utility of proposed players in terms of the opportunity to move other existing players to different positions

So if say nofo is rated 85 the wing and bj at 70, you could play Josh at 80 on the wing and nofo at 80 and still extract a benefit outvwide.

Or:

I don’t think we have a card carrying registered fullback at the moment and a sound player out wide allows us to free up another back to try out.

Dougie is as fly as fly can be and in my view we need him in the backline shopfront with Brooksy serving the line, kicking and accelerating.

If things are as disastrous and some of the panel here portray, we need to loosen up the side not send the same team out for the ritual slaughter.

2021 will a year of experimenting as good juniors and elites start pouring into the market.

Depth wins comps.

Again I will pose this question......If you were CEO / Footy manager and had both Mansour and Staines on your books, limited cap space....Would you stick with Mansour who is 30, loosing speed, but being a wonderful clubman over the years, had some bad injuries, but comming off a good year?

Or would you offer Staines and upgraded contract to play on the wing in 2020. Lighting fast, speed to burn, can play fullback in fact most places in the backline. Was Jersey flegg player of the year in 2019......Played 2 games in NRL for 6 tries.

You can only choose one, who would you choose ?