What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked

Juniors
I know you are a Bulldogs supporter Jackson.
Posting a Dean Ritchie article without any quotes or sources.
Ha ha.
Your scummy club isn't getting Spencer.
I really hope Burton turns you down too. Just like Staines.
Go develop your own players. Worst run club in the NRL.

Joke of the league. Lucky the Broncos were so shit this year to save them of another spoon.
Anyone going there will be in for a miserable few seasons.

Hooked

Juniors
If Gould was still here he would have had them all tied up before the vultures could circle.
The decision to place contracts talks on hold till after the GF is dangerous. Should have tried to lock down someone like Leniu mid year. In my opinion he was a higher priority re-sign than Edwards.

murraymob

Coach
To put it simple there is no reason now that Crighton does not sign by Friday
He should be out of the origin bubble.Arrange a meeting Friday put the contract down sign it or with draw it They have been negotiating with the manager for long enough

Jane Murray

Bench
The stupid part of it is the so called retention committee went out and signed Rennings anf Eisenthul (spelling?) for at least $220k which would have more than covered Crichton's increased demands. Instead we risk losing a good player so that Dave's mate can get some rejects back because he originally picked them
That and how many people, on here, are believing the media? Not one of us knows the full story.

I am going to have to disagree with this. At the same age Graham had a cut out pass that was better than any one of Cleary, Luai or Burton. The timing of his passes was also better. The closest I have seen in our current team to a young Graham is Tyrone May. The 'problem' Graham had is his frame was just too big for the halves. He wasn't quick enough laterally or in a straight line to be a long term 5/8 or 1/2 back. Ironically enough it is also the same problem with Tyrone May since his ACL - pre ACL injury he was definitely quick enough for the halves or even centre.

I was talking overall skills. Burton has kicking, running and passing. I’ve seen Graham’s silky passes, he still has it. But his overall game is much more suited to the second row than the halves.

If Gould was still here he would have had them all tied up before the vultures could circle.
The decision to place contracts talks on hold till after the GF is dangerous. Should have tried to lock down someone like Leniu mid year. In my opinion he was a higher priority re-sign than Edwards.

He would’ve also given them all 5 year deals, and we’d probably end up paying some of them to play elsewhere.

Ironically if Gould hadn’t of given RCG & Blake 5 year deals, we’d have more money to pay these young guys now.

Smug Panther

First Grade
The stupid part of it is the so called retention committee went out and signed Rennings anf Eisenthul (spelling?) for at least $220k which would have more than covered Crichton's increased demands. Instead we risk losing a good player so that Dave's mate can get some rejects back because he originally picked them
Do some reading about how the cap works

As long as they were signed to the minimum, none of their money could’ve gone to Crichton. Because you must to fill all 30 roster spots.

franklin2323

Immortal

No chance. Gus would of locked them up to 5 year deals last year on well under and they would be trying to leave right now

The_Frog

First Grade
He would’ve also given them all 5 year deals, and we’d probably end up paying some of them to play elsewhere.

Ironically if Gould hadn’t of given RCG & Blake 5 year deals, we’d have more money to pay these young guys now.
Blake had a contract until the end of 2019, but at some point was extended. I don't think it was for 5 years though.

franklin2323

Immortal
1. Some of those figures are from before the salary cap reduction

2. Some of those clubs need to overpay to attract talent - Tigers, Bulldogs

3. You’re mostly talking about established players, not a 25 game centre

4. He already agreed to 500k

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’d give him 30-40k just so he feels he got something, but any more I’d tell him to go jump.

Well yes we don't know where Crichton will end up either. Like how can that parasite Ayoub know what the cap is too compare against.

Say he is using 2020 cap numbers. $600k becomes $540k if it is 10% off.

Those are the clubs that create market value though. If he was to go on the open market 3-4 clubs would pay $600-700k for him.

They are but Cotric unproven in centres and Leilua is terrible

Well yes we don't know where Crichton will end up either. Like how can that parasite Ayoub know what the cap is too compare against.

Say he is using 2020 cap numbers. $600k becomes $540k if it is 10% off.

Those are the clubs that create market value though. If he was to go on the open market 3-4 clubs would pay $600-700k for him.

They are but Cotric unproven in centres and Leilua is terrible

I’d be fine with 540k, but no more.

We have options where to spend our money, admittedly no other super talent for the centres just yet but potential stars nonetheless.

The Realist

Juniors
Offer Crichton $550K and a good financial planner to make as much of it as possible tax exempt so he can look after his family. The stories I have heard about player managers (1-2 degree(s) of seperation) leaves me unsurprised when stories surface of former star players struggling financially after retirement.

If he wants more, let him go - it is not like we don't have other options. He is one ACL injury from being a young gun future star turned struggling 1st grader. Centres are not worth 600K unless they are genuine PROVEN game breakers in their prime.

The yak

Juniors
There are some real dropkicks on The Kennel. Numerous are pretending they have inside mail. Like My brother in-law, who is Bulldogs supporter. Full of shit.
One in particular is going to troll us if they get Burton and Leniu. Some think we will be on suicide watch if we loss him. Yeah right.

Quite a few morons on there think they are getting Harry Grant and Chricton too.
1 or 2 sane voices but most of them are idiots. What a laugh it was going on there.
It has been all quite from the Bulldogs board recently. They must be due for another public spat.

WestyLife

First Grade
There are some real dropkicks on The Kennel. Numerous are pretending they have inside mail. Like My brother in-law, who is Bulldogs supporter. Full of shit.
One in particular is going to troll us if they get Burton and Leniu. Some think we will be on suicide watch if we loss him. Yeah right.

Quite a few morons on there think they are getting Harry Grant and Chricton too.
1 or 2 sane voices but most of them are idiots. What a laugh it was going on there.
It has been all quite from the Bulldogs board recently. They must be due for another public spat.

:joy: sure they might get Burton but they think their getting half the comps good players.

BxTom

Bench
As long as they were signed to the minimum, none of their money could’ve gone to Crichton. Because you must to fill all 30 roster spots.
Development players only cost $60k. I'd rather give our own juniors a go than players that we AND other clubs didn't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.