What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

possm

Coach
So Hunt us rubbish he has played in both SOO so far. You're kidding
After SOO 1 I was very hopeful and thought it was only Mary/Young that caused him to play so poorly over the past couple of years. The SOO 2 came along and Hunt showed me how poor he is.

I say we no longer have the time or money to put up with this sort of rubbish; especially when Sullivan is there waiting to take up the challenge.

The calm one

Juniors
After SOO 1 I was very hopeful and thought it was only Mary/Young that caused him to play so poorly over the past couple of years. The SOO 2 came along and Hunt showed me how poor he is.

I say we no longer have the time or money to put up with this sort of rubbish; especially when Sullivan is there waiting to take up the challenge.
So he didn't play as well in SOO 2 compared to SOO 1, according to you. He will be selected for the 3rd game but of course that is ilrevelant. So let's get rid of him and replace him with a kid who has played what????

Gareth67

First Grade
Doesn’t look like Saab is going anywhere after all. Hook wants him to stay & won’t release him. Hopefully Saab takes a professional approach to the next 2 years & puts in the effort to make the first grade team.

I do recall such occurrences before in the game . A number of players have found themselves in similar circumstances , however to their credit they accepted the decision and got on with the job . They then went on and done themselves and their club proud .

I do hope that young Saab is made of that same grit .

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Doesn’t look like Saab is going anywhere after all. Hook wants him to stay & won’t release him. Hopefully Saab takes a professional approach to the next 2 years & puts in the effort to make the first grade team.
Surely he has some mates in his junior teams who can change his mind or encourage him to stay. But is he any good. Maybe not trying with mind somewhere else?

Gareth67

First Grade
Surely he has some mates in his junior teams who can change his mind or encourage him to stay. But is he any good. Maybe not trying with mind somewhere else?

Perhaps Manly are dangling a far juicer carrot in front of him , but regardless he needs to understand the difference between a ‘ promising ‘ player and one that has ability in abundance .

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dragons standing firm on keeping wantaway young gun
The 20-year-old is on offer to rival clubs, but at a cost.
GettyImages-1165996345-696x464.jpg

St George Illawarra are remaining adamant Jason Saab will be a Dragons player in 2021, despite the 20-year-old’s request to move to Manly, per The Daily Telegraph.

Anthony Griffin met with Saab’s manager Mario Tartak this week, with the Dragons coach making it clear the winger will play out the remaining two years of his contract.

upload_2020-11-14_23-29-59.gif
Saab requested a move to Manly prior to Griffin’s arrival, with the youngster planning on beginning pre-season training with the Sea Eagles by next week.

The Dragons are standing firm on Saab’s contract, with the club only budging on a move if a trade deal can be agreed upon.

Saab is eyeing a move away from Wollongong as he struggles with the long commute from western Sydney, where he resides in his family home.

It is also believed that Saab would be on a greater deal with the Sea Eagles, leaving the Dragons wanting something in return if they are to let their rising star depart.

The Dragons are understood to be open to moving Saab to any rival club that would satisfy a trade deal, with the club not specifically keen on trading for another outside back to replace their young gun.

Dragons standing firm on keeping wantaway young gun
The 20-year-old is on offer to rival clubs, but at a cost.
GettyImages-1165996345-696x464.jpg

St George Illawarra are remaining adamant Jason Saab will be a Dragons player in 2021, despite the 20-year-old’s request to move to Manly, per The Daily Telegraph.

Anthony Griffin met with Saab’s manager Mario Tartak this week, with the Dragons coach making it clear the winger will play out the remaining two years of his contract.

View attachment 43829
Saab requested a move to Manly prior to Griffin’s arrival, with the youngster planning on beginning pre-season training with the Sea Eagles by next week.

The Dragons are standing firm on Saab’s contract, with the club only budging on a move if a trade deal can be agreed upon.

Saab is eyeing a move away from Wollongong as he struggles with the long commute from western Sydney, where he resides in his family home.

It is also believed that Saab would be on a greater deal with the Sea Eagles, leaving the Dragons wanting something in return if they are to let their rising star depart.

The Dragons are understood to be open to moving Saab to any rival club that would satisfy a trade deal, with the club not specifically keen on trading for another outside back to replace their young gun.

How about a straight swap,
Saab for Jake Turbo or Marty Taupau.

possm

Coach
How about a straight swap,
Saab for Jake Turbo or Marty Taupau.
Surely the Dragons have access to a professional person with the ability to sit down with Saab and his father with the aim of changing his mind. I know Saab has a manager but that guy is a goose and if Saab wants to stay, he has the final say; not his manager.

Also, haven't Manly breached the rules by offering Saab a deal when his contract ends in November 2022. I thought that they can approach him after November 2021 for season 2023 and beyond.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Interesting point that you have raised possum - a player under contract for another 2 seasons - so as you have said , just how can Manly or any club approach him ?

Not only have Manly gone outside the guidelines set by the NRL , but also his manager who should damn well know better - after all he is an NRL accredited agent is he not ?

Throw the book at the mongrels - both club and agent both of whom know better ! :rage:

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Interesting point that you have raised possum - a player under contract for another 2 seasons - so as you have said , just how can Manly or any club approach him ?

Not only have Manly gone outside the guidelines set by the NRL , but also his manager who should damn well know better - after all he is an NRL accredited agent is he not ?

Throw the book at the mongrels - both coach and agent both of whom know better ! :rage:
Pretty sure I read that he was given permission due to compassionate (travel) grounds.

Gareth67

First Grade
Pretty sure I read that he was given permission due to compassionate (travel) grounds.

Why did you have to spoil a good rant ?

Most certainly ALSGI , however did someone at the Sea Eagles have a quiet word in his ear before the young man asked for permission to move on , or did Manly just happen to be the first club to hear that Saab wanted out ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hook is already showing his stuff not caving in to slimy managers. Good on him, we all know that Mario went fishing illegally to get a better deal and Manly doesn’t even fit the criteria for his reasons for wanting to leave. West Tigers fair enough but not Manly. Why should we do anything to help that slimy prick or Manly? As I have said before if they want him bad enough they will make a deal if they lose interest then Saab really has to ask himself if Manly are really the club he wants to play at. If I were him I’d be trying to go to the Rorters even for the same money as he’s on with us. BMoz isn’t getting any younger and there could be plenty of opportunity to play along with a chance to learn off the best winger I’ve ever seen and also his clone in Tupou. It could also work out well for us because we could maybe work out a deal with Crichton with a lot of money their way but now I’m dreaming. They do have Tupounua at right back row and I guess they see him as the future. Maybe we could throw in a Merrin, or K.Sims to sweeten the deal as backup.

Juniors
Hook is already showing his stuff not caving in to slimy managers. Good on him, we all know that Mario went fishing illegally to get a better deal and Manly doesn’t even fit the criteria for his reasons for wanting to leave. West Tigers fair enough but not Manly. Why should we do anything to help that slimy prick or Manly? As I have said before if they want him bad enough they will make a deal if they lose interest then Saab really has to ask himself if Manly are really the club he wants to play at. If I were him I’d be trying to go to the Rorters even for the same money as he’s on with us. BMoz isn’t getting any younger and there could be plenty of opportunity to play along with a chance to learn off the best winger I’ve ever seen and also his clone in Tupou. It could also work out well for us because we could maybe work out a deal with Crichton with a lot of money their way but now I’m dreaming. They do have Tupounua at right back row and I guess they see him as the future. Maybe we could throw in a Merrin, or K.Sims to sweeten the deal as backup.

Must agree. We’ve been craving any modicum of respect and fighting passion for our great club for such a long time that Hook could stand over the back fence throwing stones at passing cars and I would probably get excited.

Good signs indeed.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Yes please but no chance they would release him especially after AFB walked

The thing is that we don’t know if Saab is going to be any good or not yet. The sample size of first grade games isn’t big enough yet. I’d rather see if he’s got what it takes to make it before the club makes a decision on him. What’s the rush?

Latest posts