What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Junior League club did you play for?

taipan

Referee
Played 1 year League at High School.
Then 5 years union at Private schools.Probably one of the reasons I turned off union completely, rarely got my jumper really dirty.Scored only 1 try under a heap of bodies and busted my hooter in doing so.
Bro in Law played for then Ramsgate United rl.

taipan

Referee
Played 1 year League at High School.
Then 5 years union at Private schools.Probably one of the reasons I turned off union completely, rarely got my jumper really dirty.Scored only 1 try under a heap of bodies and busted my hooter in doing so.
Bro in Law played for then Ramsgate United rl.

Oh and I had a cousin who played in Balmain reserve and first grade.And potentially another distant much younger one in their current junior grades.
That's why I'm a boring lounge room coach with beer in hand.

blue bags

First Grade
Played against paddo colts late 90s early 2000s .... I think
I heard Paddington club has reformed with a team in one of the grades, maybe right
st George junior club, arncliffe scots, in one age group grade, played in a combined comp with the eastern suburbs juniors, we played, Bondi united at north Bondi park, and Bondi oval near BONDI JUNCTION, Waverley team, played at Rushcutters bay oval, zetland club aswell south juniors in a trial match, played at mascot, Moor park aswell

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Nice, i played at the Sharks from under 5s to under 13s with Darius Boyd until he went to the Redbacks.
Didnt know he was a shark, played against him and with him for rep sides right up until he was at burleigh U/18s

KOMORI

Juniors
My first ever club as an under 7, then 10 years at southport tigers (with greg eastwood) then under 18s with runaway bay
Parkwood Sharks
I remember beating the Parkwood Sharks back in the group 18 days... we were up about 80-0 and after a scrum one of their props squared up to me... I laughed and told him to “look at the scoreboard mate no point having a go now”... next thing I remember was thinking that I just got hit real, REAL hard because I was flat on my f**king back :joy::joy:

Generalzod

Immortal
Listening to people’s reaction about the book, Cam seems to add a few pages about an affair that he hadn’t Had, and nothing about his falling out with Cooper Cronk...

Vic Mackey

Referee
In our age group Hurstville were always strongest and we (Peakhurst) were always 2nd. Kingsgrove and Renown usually made the finals at 3 and 4 although Penshurst made the odd one too. Brighton, Arncliffe and especially Riverwood were the also rans.

We never had an Earlwood side in our age group. Looking at the website Kogarah were founded in 1995 but I don't remember them being in any of the age groups so must have had only a couple of teams whilst I was still playing.

Peakhurst was a very strong club in the mid 90s with teams throughout the age groups and grades and then due to in fighting they were dead by about 1999.

I was a struggo. In our age group it was generally us and Scotts in the GF. Peakhurst and Renown were the teams a bit below us. Then we had Brighton, Earlwood and Penshurst who were usually easy beats. We didn’t have a Colts or Riverwood, Colts were in every other grade expect ours for some reason. We did have a random St Joseph’s team for 2-3 years and I think they may have even won a comp. It was a pretty large Comp and some years Hurstville, Brighton and Peakhurst had 2 teams.

Sad to see what happened with the Hawks. I got told when they were struggling and on the brink the President/Treasurer or someone took off with the money.

Valheru

Coach
I was a struggo. In our age group it was generally us and Scotts in the GF. Peakhurst and Renown were the teams a bit below us. Then we had Brighton, Earlwood and Penshurst who were usually easy beats. We didn’t have a Colts or Riverwood, Colts were in every other grade expect ours for some reason. We did have a random St Joseph’s team for 2-3 years and I think they may have even won a comp. It was a pretty large Comp and some years Hurstville, Brighton and Peakhurst had 2 teams.

Sad to see what happened with the Hawks. I got told when they were struggling and on the brink the President/Treasurer or someone took off with the money.

Yeah I believe that is exactly what happened.

A lot of parents took their kids to other clubs, most notably Hurstville and Pensurst and a fair few even went to he nearby Bulldogs comp from memory.

There was even a short lived club called "Peakhurst Inn" which was founded and run by the licensee of the Peaky pub back in the day. The back story of that is the pub used to sponsor the Hawks club and then when all the drama was going down they tried to make their own club. They only ever had one or two teams and only lasted a couple of seasons. I am pretty sure that had something to do with the publican beating the shit out of an intruder one night in 1999 who then took him to court and was awarded damages (since overturned)

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/a-clumsy-law-pays-those-who-break-it-20020831-gdflak.html