What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You guys need to get member's signatures together and call for an extraordinary AGM and a spill of the board. And then get Michael Clarke in.

Pascoe has got to go.

Sorry about your plight

Tigerm

First Grade
As per usual Chair is too quick into the fray with yet another ill-considered comment and if Allo was in any doubt, he has a reason to be a rat now.

Both Matterson and Ivan were supposed to stay.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for playing tough, but history suggests, JA will be off the books by Christmas.

Time for another player welfare check.
Don’t forget he pays a few of the bills as well being our major sponsor and chairman

Tigerm

First Grade
Our club has to be the biggest joke in the NRL. What's Pascoe doing? Growing a beard and having a coffee with someone who would not be a good fit for our club. Instead we see our best forward gone and, yet again, this will be a media circus.

It's so embarrassing and, yet, the norm. We got nothing out of the Matterson melodrama. At least sit JA out for a season if we can't get something in our club's favour for once.

Our fans deserve so much better than this. Yet we endure continual degradation year after year.
Settle, nothing has been announced yet as to what they will be doing I hope the matti scenario will never happen again

Tigerm

First Grade
You guys need to get member's signatures together and call for an extraordinary AGM and a spill of the board. And then get Michael Clarke in.

Pascoe has got to go.

Sorry about your plight
I don’t think we work that way, wests are in charge atm I’m not to worried about current events

Pezz70

Juniors
Settle, nothing has been announced yet as to what they will be doing I hope the matti scenario will never happen again
You can guarantee he won’t be playing in a Tigers jersey next season. Unfortunately with half a dozen players taking up a fair portion of our salary cap basically sitting on the sidelines we can’t afford to make him stay. Jake Trbojevic would be a good swap:joy:

Shredder

Juniors
Id let him walk if they take their pick of two of the biggest salaries at the club with him.

Packer and MBye? Reynolds? Free some cash, front load the players who want to stay and have $2.5mln to spend next year rather than $1.5mln.

WA Tiger

Bench
Pascoe or Madge? If it’s Madge it’s prob good he hasn’t signed yet and there may be an imminent announcement...OR more likely the 10 man 10 step recruitment process was a head fk for Aloiai...The “lets keep the offers to players conservative regardless” formula as we saw with JAC could have put Aloiai nose out of joint..The guys in the office may think they know more than the recruitment guys..can u imagine the mess that would cause.
I think whichever it is we will find out soon and all for the better for next year..

Correct. The chairman not having a clue what’s going on or why is a really really bad look

Lee just seems to take reports and spews out something he thinks we will be happy with.

And a fair chunk of the time, it comes back to haunt us.

I would just like him to see how things play out, stay composed and show leadership.

Now he’s public jibes make Allo look like a flog and all but shipped him off to Manly.

It might Lee think he looks good, it might be well-intended but our Chairperson needs to be a bit more forward thinking instead of base knee jerk.

Everyone knows it’s greed and avarice on behalf of Allo and/or his manager. We should have read him the riot act in private before we rang Hoops or whomever.

Why Lee got him offside so quickly, I do not know. Hopefully it’s deliberate and we are on the game.

I like Lee, just wish he’d chill.

stryker

First Grade
Mmm just a slight exaggeration there!

I don’t see any comparison but by all means elaborate and I’m ready to take my medicine gladly!

No ones challenged me on the health of his 2020 stats.

He’s well out in front of the most of the league in his sideline profession.

Was amongst the first selected in one of the best rugby league squads of all time.

We won’t see the likes of the 2020 smug again in our lifetimes and he was an integral part of that.

Everyone knows it except for Lyin Ivan and his crony, short sighted officials.
Lmfao do you really think that Penrith side is one of the best of all time?
They wouldn’t be top 100.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Probably money, make him stay

Only play him when absolutely necessary through injury and watch his market value drop.Or do a Melbourne and insist on a player of the same quality or better with us paying the same salary. That will quickly show him how much Manly genuinely wants him.